ADVERTISEMENT

25% Gone from Class of 2019 Top 100

What Would Jesus Do?

Hall of Famer
Nov 28, 2010
I was expecting a few more commits than that, but it's still a noticeable dent in the available talent.

That's 12 guys gone from the top 50, 13 from the next 50.

I hope Roy plans to extend a few more offers in this class. We still look in great shape for Bacot. But that's about it.

With 3 definite and another probable loss next year, we could use more than a 2-man class.

A 2-man class of that quality might be sufficient to get us through the 2019-20 season. But Bacot might be OAD and Coby could be ready to move on after his soph year. Seventh and BRob will graduate. One of our bigs (presumably Sterling or Garrison) might be draftable as juniors. So if we only have a 2-man 2019 class, that would put a huge burden on catching up with the 2020 class (for the 2020-21 season).

Just to be clear, we might lose 4 guys at the end of the coming season, and 4 or even 5 at the end of the following season. 2-man classes won't cut it.

Yup, we need 2019 to be a big class. We will have 5 (!) available scholarships at the end of the season. That's the most since 2012. We will lose 3-4 starters and probably 60%+ of our scoring.

Jeremiah is a good start, but we could take 1-2 wings and 1-2 bigs as well. Still don't know why we aren't recruiting Greg Gantt.

I was expecting a few more commits than that, but it's still a noticeable dent in the available talent.

That's 12 guys gone from the top 50, 13 from the next 50.

I hope Roy plans to extend a few more offers in this class. We still look in great shape for Bacot. But that's about it.

With 3 definite and another probable loss next year, we could use more than a 2-man class.

A 2-man class of that quality might be sufficient to get us through the 2019-20 season. But Bacot might be OAD and Coby could be ready to move on after his soph year. Seventh and BRob will graduate. One of our bigs (presumably Sterling or Garrison) might be draftable as juniors. So if we only have a 2-man 2019 class, that would put a huge burden on catching up with the 2020 class (for the 2020-21 season).

Just to be clear, we might lose 4 guys at the end of the coming season, and 4 or even 5 at the end of the following season. 2-man classes won't cut it.

...such positivety...

I see you have nothing to add. As usual.

Keep up the relentless negativity toward UNC fans. You're good at it.

* False allegation concerning UNC fans, as in plural, on your part. My being relentless is even moreso a false allegation, on your part! Truth is I did not like the way that you sized up the recruiting situation, and why Roy is possibly behind on commitments, using your negative logic. Roy Williams knows far more concerning whom he is indeed recruiting than you will ever know, or should I say take guesses about. I actually do not have a problem with you here at all. Rather your content concerning certain subjects here, is often highly suspect, in my opinion. Have a good day...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT