ADVERTISEMENT

28-11.... just another example

keysersosay#1

Hall of Famer
Apr 7, 2006
of the massive FT advantage Vader has at that hell hole called H I S. I watched that game yesterday at UNJ DERM and what was obvious was the attacking, aggressive, trapping defense dook played for a majority of the game/ T jones was grabbing, slapping and harassing the opponent all game long and his teammates were as well. Contact inside was heavy and consistent from dook on the defensive end

A look at the box score is very revealing as well and we all know this drill. The two teams were almost identical in FGs …. UNJ DERM shot 53% 35 for 66 from 2 pt range... State shot 50% 33 of 66. Dook was poor from long range just 3 for 16 ….State was 6 for 19 from 3.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO How DID dook win this game by 16 pts?? HMMMMM Well for the 762nd time they feasted at the FT line getting an enormous 28-11 advantage in attempts. They made 21 ... State had ONLY 11 attempts and made 6. Once again we see touch fouls and phantom fouls and minor bumps and incidental contact giving the Vaderites an easy road to victory, while on the other side Sate faces a football like defense and gets nothing shown their way.

Of course this is old news and just the latest of so many examples, PROVEN now by independent nonaligned analysis , of the consistent and huge advantage given to these jerks in virtually every game they play, especially at H I S.

We face a big task on Wednesday.. one that this group can meet and overcome. BUT we all know that Vader LOVES to deal from a stacked deck and this built in advantage for UNJ DERM is a hurdle that will make our victory all the sweeter.

Yeah, Brooks will probably have 2 fouls before he enters the building....And of course, we will likely be treated to an updated version of ALL of Zion Williamson's dunks this year....ESPN has already done that once, so it's very likely that we will see the updated version before Wednesday's game in Derm....

This is a game where we will actually MISS not having Manley. He is at least another 5 fouls that we would have inside...and we will surely need those additional fouls given the almost certain advantage the zebras will give once again to Vader

Clearly Roy doesn't scare the refs.

Somebody should take that pic of Roy yelling at JP and photoshop guy in a ref's uniform in JP's place. Circulate that and see if the refs will give Roy more respect.

Roy is a DES disciple and that simply means you do not use the ref baiting and obscenities that Vader has used his entire career and has done quite well with them. I believe Roy has too much class for that type of behavior while Vader revels in it.

Reactions: Heelicious
UNC had 37 free throw attempts to NC State's 24 last time you played. Duke drives continuously and draws fouls, UNC is a jump shooting team. Also Zion is so quick he gets fouled a lot when he catches the ball in the post. And finally Duke's defense was bad last night, hard to foul when you're allowing straight line drives to the basket. But I expect none of that to make any sense and we should just say there's a conspiracy here so there is a built in excuse if things don't go Carolina's way Wednesday. Good luck Wednesday night, hope for an injury free game.

Duke drives continuously and draws fouls, UNC is a jump shooting team. .

UNC's jump shooting team has attempted 1068 2 point fg and 590 3 point fg while attempting 519 ft's. Dook's driving team has shot 1023 2 point fg (about 45 fewer) and 601 3 point fg (10 more) while attempting 578 ft's (60 more). Also UNC opponents have shot 469 ft's while dook's have shot 369.

UNC's jump shooting team has attempted 1068 2 point fg and 590 3 point fg while attempting 519 ft's. Dook's driving team has shot 1023 2 point fg (about 45 fewer) and 601 3 point fg (10 more) while attempting 578 ft's (60 more). Also UNC opponents have shot 469 ft's while dook's have shot 369.
Clearly we are better at not fouling.

Reactions: Hurley22
UNC had 37 free throw attempts to NC State's 24 last time you played. Duke drives continuously and draws fouls, UNC is a jump shooting team. Also Zion is so quick he gets fouled a lot when he catches the ball in the post. And finally Duke's defense was bad last night, hard to foul when you're allowing straight line drives to the basket. But I expect none of that to make any sense and we should just say there's a conspiracy here so there is a built in excuse if things don't go Carolina's way Wednesday. Good luck Wednesday night, hope for an injury free game.

Ah, I believe that you completely missed the point. Duke gets away with blatant, obvious fouls that should indeed be called against them, in many fans opinions. Your numbers are pointless, as I do believe you know, concerning my stated opinion...

of the massive FT advantage Vader has at that hell hole called H I S. I watched that game yesterday at UNJ DERM and what was obvious was the attacking, aggressive, trapping defense dook played for a majority of the game/ T jones was grabbing, slapping and harassing the opponent all game long and his teammates were as well. Contact inside was heavy and consistent from dook on the defensive end

A look at the box score is very revealing as well and we all know this drill. The two teams were almost identical in FGs …. UNJ DERM shot 53% 35 for 66 from 2 pt range... State shot 50% 33 of 66. Dook was poor from long range just 3 for 16 ….State was 6 for 19 from 3.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO How DID dook win this game by 16 pts?? HMMMMM Well for the 762nd time they feasted at the FT line getting an enormous 28-11 advantage in attempts. They made 21 ... State had ONLY 11 attempts and made 6. Once again we see touch fouls and phantom fouls and minor bumps and incidental contact giving the Vaderites an easy road to victory, while on the other side Sate faces a football like defense and gets nothing shown their way.

Of course this is old news and just the latest of so many examples, PROVEN now by independent nonaligned analysis , of the consistent and huge advantage given to these jerks in virtually every game they play, especially at H I S.

We face a big task on Wednesday.. one that this group can meet and overcome. BUT we all know that Vader LOVES to deal from a stacked deck and this built in advantage for UNJ DERM is a hurdle that will make our victory all the sweeter.
Spot on. This dook team may get more zebra benefits than any in recent memory. Other than Jones they are not good in fundamental defense. As with many AAU programs it's all about ball-hawking and reaching for steals. The damned refs treat them like their elite freshmen can't possibly foul... but they sure as hell do... constantly.

Reactions: FlaTarHeel

LMAO. Why does Duke shoot so many threes?

Reactions: Heelicious
Dude? Dude looks like a lady.
And that avatar...

tenor.gif

You're right, it is impressive what K has been able to accomplish with such a young group.

Did you just assume my gender!? I'll let you know my preferred pronouns on OOTB.
Well he has won the national recruiting title for several years. And I'll call you sweetheart.

Gonna need this in English next time.

FWIW... In the last 8 games in the series, the Heels have averaged being called for one more foul per game (18-17), however dook averages 22 FT attempts per game, while UNC gets 16.

FWIW... In the last 8 games in the series, the Heels have averaged being called for one more foul per game (18-17), however dook averages 22 FT attempts per game, while UNC gets 16.

We know they’re style of play leads to a lot of fouls though. You gotta adjust for that. It’s kind of like James Harden being really good at drawing contact, real or not.

Bottom line, it’s going to be tough beating them on their own court regardless. It’s silly to talk about officiating before the actual game. We are certainly good enough to beat them, but when it comes to key factors to knock them off, I’m looking at the coaching and gameplay.

Reactions: Hurley22
Bottom line, it’s going to be tough beating them on their own court regardless.
No doubt. Just looking at stats.

The biggest one that jumped out at me is that Heels have only shot 26% from 3 in those 8 games, while dook shot 39%. This season, our average is ~40% in conference games, while theirs is ~31%. We have got to get closer to this seasons averages.

No doubt. Just looking at stats.

The biggest one that jumped out at me is that Heels have only shot 26% from 3 in those 8 games, while dook shot 39%. This season, our average is ~40% in conference games, while theirs is ~31%. We have got to get closer to this seasons averages.

One of the biggest factors is exactly that. Most duke teams live by the three and we all have gotten a littled ticked at times in past years at our inability to defend it. The past year or so it’s been reversed. We beat them last year in the first game because we shot lights out.

There will be plenty of fouls called because Zion is gonna be a load to handle.
You can probably get Zion to commit offensive fouls . . . if you are willing to risk winding up in the ER after getting steam-rollered by 285 pounds of muscle and bone a few times.

Let's see . . . who on our bench is disposable? I'm sure Kenny could do it, but I wouldn't want to give that assignment to anyone his last season.

A shame Huff isn't quicker. He could probably handle the impact and the body blows might slow Zion down later in the game.

A shame we don't have Tripper on our team (not serious).

You can probably get Zion to commit offensive fouls . . . if you are willing to risk winding up in the ER after getting steam-rollered by 285 pounds of muscle and bone a few times.

Let's see . . . who on our bench is disposable? I'm sure Kenny could do it, but I wouldn't want to give that assignment to anyone his last season.

A shame Huff isn't quicker. He could probably handle the impact and the body blows might slow Zion down later in the game.

A shame we don't have Tripper on our team (not serious).
That kid from Syracuse stepped in and took a charge on Zion and was out the rest of the game or at least most of it. There have been plenty of flops this season where Zion has been called for offensive fouls, that seems to be the safest option.

That kid from Syracuse stepped in and took a charge on Zion and was out the rest of the game or at least most of it. There have been plenty of flops this season where Zion has been called for offensive fouls, that seems to be the safest option.
Sadly for us, Kenny seems to be our best at drawing charges. Zion outweighs him by 100 pounds.

Yikes!

And Kenny isn't really a flopper. Most of the charges he takes, called or not, he actually takes the hit.

Supposedly Nas defended Zion well at the previous level. But Zion has been playing solid starter minutes all year. Nas is just now coming around. Nas could be our best guy to defend Zion, but I wouldn't expect him to shut Zion down.

And if you have Nas playing extra minutes, who sits?

Sadly for us, Kenny seems to be our best at drawing charges. Zion outweighs him by 100 pounds.

Yikes!

And Kenny isn't really a flopper. Most of the charges he takes, called or not, he actually takes the hit.

Supposedly Nas defended Zion well at the previous level. But Zion has been playing solid starter minutes all year. Nas is just now coming around. Nas could be our best guy to defend Zion, but I wouldn't expect him to shut Zion down.

And if you have Nas playing extra minutes, who sits?
Nas did during the Jordan game before Zion broke his finger. Don't know about AAU, usually there isn't much defense in all Star games or AAU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT