ADVERTISEMENT

_____________ is the worst!

It does suck. I never got it til the past couple years and it friggin blows. Sometimes it gets so bad I swear I'm having a heart attack.

I've been dealing with it since college. That's when it got bad for me. Tobacco is the main cause, but I often eat standing up or moving around and that's not good for it either. And alcohol doesn't help it either. And BBQ, my god! If I don't prepare by eating a Prilosec beforehand, I'll be a mess later that evening.

Reactions: UNC71-00
I've been dealing with it since college. That's when it got bad for me. Tobacco is the main cause, but I often eat standing up or moving around and that's not good for it either. And alcohol doesn't help it either. And BBQ, my god! If I don't prepare by eating a Prilosec beforehand, I'll be a mess later that evening.
For me, it's acidic drinks like coke. But it's getting to the point where even shit like pizza is giving it to me.

But yeah, whenever I indulge on a cigarette, it's insta-heartburn.

@BillyL talking politics.
200.gif

I've never caught the frank but snagged the beans once. Cannot recommend.

Got it snagged in the bathroom in high school. They ended getting the FB coach and a pair of pliers. Not my favorite high school memory. The whole dang school was laughing at my agony. Bastages.

Not having AC in the car.

I'm on my 3rd summer with no AC in the car. I kind of wore it as a badge of honor the first summer. Last summer it started to bother me. And this summer I'm about to lose my shit. I find myself just not going places if it's too hot. I skipped a meeting last week just because I didn't feel like riding 20 minutes in 90 degree weather. It's not so bad if I can be continuously moving. But red lights are killers. And I go nuclear when some dickhead isn't paying attention and gets me stopped at a light.

Gonna cost me about $700 to fix it. And I'm not sure the car is worth much more than that. That's why I've dragged my feet on getting it done. And then fall and winter roll around and it leaves my mind.

Reactions: heelbent

I'm on my 3rd summer with no AC in the car. I kind of wore it as a badge of honor the first summer. Last summer it started to bother me. And this summer I'm about to lose my shit. I find myself just not going places if it's too hot. I skipped a meeting last week just because I didn't feel like riding 20 minutes in 90 degree weather. It's not so bad if I can be continuously moving. But red lights are killers. And I go nuclear when some dickhead isn't paying attention and gets me stopped at a light.

Gonna cost me about $700 to fix it. And I'm not sure the car is worth much more than that. That's why I've dragged my feet on getting it done. And then fall and winter roll around and it leaves my mind.

where are you?

My '97 f150 has no AC. I'll eventually replace the compressor. About $200. It's my hunting truck so I can deal with it besides the closest stoplights out here are about an hour away.

My '97 f150 has no AC. I'll eventually replace the compressor. About $200. It's my hunting truck so I can deal with it besides the closest stoplights out here are about an hour away.

I've got an '03 F150 we use to haul trash, etc. that doesn't have air because the actuator that moves the cool/hot shutter has burned out. For $50 I can fix it...but I'm just too cheap.

Reactions: nctransplant
I’ve never been that poor. That’s impressive.

I think I remember that you and I drive the same car. I have a 2004 Acura MDX. Has almost 200k miles on it and it's beat to hell now but I love that ride. I just don't know about sinking $600-$700 into a car that most likely I'll have to replace before next summer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT