ADVERTISEMENT

Above ground pools

heelmanwilm

Hall of Famer
May 26, 2005
Wilmington NC
Interesting aspect of the coronavirus is the value evidently of above ground pools. I bought a 15’ by 48” rd on clearance last year day after Christmas for $150. Just now decided to get around to putting it up. My neighbor came by and asked me where I had found it. He told me they were very hard to come by and he had given up. So I did some searching and sure enough EVERYONE in and around wilmington is sold out of them, target, Home Depot, Walmart, you name it nobody has them. And furthermore none of their stores in the Carolinas do. So I searched online, the precise exact pool that I have that normally goes for $350 is selling for $1700 on Amazon and eBay. I wish I had never taken out of the box now.

Btw getting the ground level sucks

What are you saying here? That in-ground pools suck? That’s a strange take. I mean, they can be money pits but outside of that, what’s not to like?
I think he meant prepping the ground for the pool. It's supposed to be level before you fill it with water.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
giphy.gif

It was warm last week. A few of the neighborhood college girls set up inflatables all around us and were out in their yards getting some sun. I believe my 12 year old started and completed puberty in about 3 days. He begins drivers ed next week.

n’hood pool still closed...it was suggested on the hood fb page to just go get an above ground/inflatable even though they are prohibited b/c of the hoa rules...i bet ten families did and it’s hilarious to see...it’s like a middle finger in the face of the hoa board and the company...but if the management company isn’t going to open the pool, what are they going to do?...some of these folks will pay a fine to have a pool, even an inflatable, because f you.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT