ADVERTISEMENT

Adebayo Still Looking

For me this kid is the KEY to how successful we wil be with this 2016 class. I have said, thou I really want them both, I really do prefer this kid to Giles, knowing Giles is and deserves to be considered a full fledged star. Bam should not just be considered low hanging fruit for UNC he is IMO more of a multi year guy and I see value in a kid we wil have for more than just one season as a frosh. UNless he is injured and even questionable if he is, Giles is one & done, Bam IMO is more of a at least 2 guy with the potential of 3.

Either one IMO has a lot greater upside than anyone we have on our front line now. Both play above the rim and both have a little bit of a nasty on court aggressive streak, love that. Add Bam to a rim protector like Bradly and I am feeling real good about our chances of defending opposing front courts in the ACC or the nation, add Giles to that mix and yeah, I would be really happy guy.

If we were to land all three, I'm not at all sure our fan base could handle it! I would be perfectly happy with two of the three...big kids like guards that share well.

Reactions: jimvanhecke
For me this kid is the KEY to how successful we wil be with this 2016 class. I have said, thou I really want them both, I really do prefer this kid to Giles, knowing Giles is and deserves to be considered a full fledged star. Bam should not just be considered low hanging fruit for UNC he is IMO more of a multi year guy and I see value in a kid we wil have for more than just one season as a frosh. UNless he is injured and even questionable if he is, Giles is one & done, Bam IMO is more of a at least 2 guy with the potential of 3.

Either one IMO has a lot greater upside than anyone we have on our front line now. Both play above the rim and both have a little bit of a nasty on court aggressive streak, love that. Add Bam to a rim protector like Bradly and I am feeling real good about our chances of defending opposing front courts in the ACC or the nation, add Giles to that mix and yeah, I would be really happy guy.

I agree David. Unfortunately, I'm getting the vibe that the NCAA is going to cost us an extremely crucial 2016 class. I can't tell you how much I hope I'm wrong. IMO, we desperately need at least one of Giles/Bradley/Bam. I used to be pretty confident that would happen, feeling less and less confident every day.

I think we will ultimately end up with Bam and Bradley as 2016 frontcourt signees. And I think we should be very content with that. I agree with David that Bam is going to be awesome and I like the potential for 2-3 years out of him versus 1 year out of Giles. But we need to win a big recruiting battle. Bam is a very good player and a lot of teams are after him. But he's not Giles. We need to sign Giles and our need to sign him isn't based on what he can do for us on the court. It's more about what signing him would do in other kids' living rooms.

archer what vibe are you picking up re the NCAA????

if you go by what Chansky wrote we seem to be quite happy with the NOA. All of this IS speculation and no one seems to know at this point but tell us more

I hate to say it but this NOA crap kills my confidence with any recruits right now. It causes my head to hurt and nauseates me. I usually just try and avoid reading anything about it.

I've had a feeling for some time now that Smith Jr. ends up at NC State. No intel, just my gut feeling. If that does happen I think it only increases their odds in also landing Bam.

I've had a feeling for some time now that Smith Jr. ends up at NC State. No intel, just my gut feeling. If that does happen I think it only increases their odds in also landing Bam.
Nope. He will be in Durham.....he has NC State on his list just as a courtesy to his AAU coaches.

He's not going to want to share the ball with Thornton.
That's kind of my reason for thinnking NCSU. I just get the impression that he's the type of kid that wants the ball in his hands as much as possible. I think Gottfried would allow that just to get him on campus.

Also, Bam's camp saying repeatedly that they want him with a good PG in college. Before UNC guys get mad thinking it's trashing the UNC PG's that's not what I'm getting at. Bam did recently switch AAU teams from Boo Williams to the same AAU team Smith plays for in the Adidas league. I take that as simply a "trial run" so to speak. Since the move there have been many people tweeting about how well the 2 have been playing.

That's kind of my reason for thinnking NCSU. I just get the impression that he's the type of kid that wants the ball in his hands as much as possible. I think Gottfried would allow that just to get him on campus.

Also, Bam's camp saying repeatedly that they want him with a good PG in college. Before UNC guys get mad thinking it's trashing the UNC PG's that's not what I'm getting at. Bam did recently switch AAU teams from Boo Williams to the same AAU team Smith plays for in the Adidas league. I take that as simply a "trial run" so to speak. Since the move there have been many people tweeting about how well the 2 have been playing.

Concerning for sure. But Joel Berry is a star in the making. I think Bam would be happy to play with him especially after he sees Joel play this coming season.

He's not going to want to share the ball with Thornton.
K is selling him on the possibility that Thornton will be a OAD just like Jones and if that doesn't happen they would be a dual PG tandem like Jones and Cook this year since they both are combo gaurds and either and slide to the 2 if needed. Smith was very much involved in the conversation with K and Thornton when Thornton decided to reclassify to 2015. K made sure to let them both know that one of them coming would not be mutually exclusive proposition. That's how it's being sold anyway.

Concerning for sure. But Joel Berry is a star in the making. I think Bam would be happy to play with him especially after he sees Joel play this coming season.
Spot on... and I'll add something to that:
I have a feeling that once these '16 kids see Carolina play this season it'll change a lot of their perspectives.

archer what vibe are you picking up re the NCAA????

if you go by what Chansky wrote we seem to be quite happy with the NOA. All of this IS speculation and no one seems to know at this point but tell us more

I'm cautiously optimistic about the NOA Keyser, I am not optimistic that the No Clue About Anything will be in any hurry to end this process and thereby level the playing field for us in terms of recruiting. I firmly believe that our punishment will largely consist of leaving us twisting in the wind for as long as possible. The repercussions from that are already being felt and will be far-reaching if we lose out on one of the better classes the state of North Carolina has produced in some time.

If we were to sign Bam and Bradley, I would be elated. Toss in Smith or 7th and I'm on cloud nine.

I think Bam would be better off playing with Berry. Smith is a score 1st PG and will probably be there 1 year. He would have 2 with Berry (probably).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT