ADVERTISEMENT

And yet, nothing happens

NorCalTarheel

All-ACC
Gold Member
Apr 20, 2017
There are three groups that are involved in UNC sports that are supposed to make sure refereeing inequities don't happen, and yet all three fail miserably and repeatedly. The refs, the ACC, and the NCAA.

I guess the refs have the best case here in that they are calling games real time and, given the human error factor, are bound to miss some calls. However, with the more and more frequent reliance on replay review, the same refs are missing the calls more than once. EC's three (which was called a two), Tripadouchski's trip and later his assault on RJ, all go unnoticed, despite happening directly in front of refs! There seems to be no accountability as the same culprits show up game after game. TV Teddy even shows up our coach by repeatedly putting his fingers in his ears and pulling them out while our coach tries to address these inequities!

I have less confidence in the ACC than I do the refs. It is so very clear to see for example, that Grayson tripakowski purposely and flagrantly tripped Ingram. Where is the suspension? Where is even a warning? Silence. Awful. The league does nothing but count its revenue. No wonder so many schools want to bail.

The NCAA.... I won't even waste my breath on that dying dinosaur. Can't wait until they manage themselves into oblivion.

All of that and the Heels still prevail!

Last edited:
I thought the game overall was pretty well officiated. The Flip trip, Flip/RJ, and weak Cormac push off in the trap were bad in my opinion, but it was not a pattern of calls throughout. I thought they let both sides play.

The EC three would have stood either way the refs initially called it I think, as you cannot see definitive space between his foot and the line, but not clearly on the line either. Tough call either way.

I guess I'm saying I do not see the anti UNC bias, as some in our fanbase do, and every other fan base sees against them as well.

Last edited:
For what it’s worth, I was watching the game on the 4K channel on a huge screen and it very much seemed his toe was barely touching the line. I’m ok with that call.

The Cormac push was weak, but fine with it.

The flip trip was awful, especially to not review it. The flip knock down with 4 fouls and putting the whistle away was hot garbage as well.

I guess I'm saying I do not see the anti UNC bias, many as some in our fanbase do, and every other fan base sees against them as well.

It's embarrassing we bitch about the refs when we win, and when we lose. EC hasn't committed a foul since he walked onto campus to hear some tell it.

• Sad
Reactions: Heelicious
What actually pissed me off more was the shoot around video of RJ. The crap directed at him was really out of line. I think a UNC poster posted it on the dook board. the league really needs to take a look at that and any video of Teddy sticking his fingers in his ears when Hubert was talking. An official acting like a toddler is not acceptable.

I’m sure Cryer will make an announcement any time now apologizing for Tripowski’s behavior and stating that Trip will miss the next game as punishment. I’m sure he will also condone the behavior of the Crazies and will make it crystal clear that throwing anything on the court is unacceptable.

I’m also positive that the head of ACC officials will review the tripping incident and make Tripowski sit out the next game. TV will be admonished for showing up Hubert and being unprofessional.

Not!

Dude come on :rolleyes:
It was, between you and Gary there has never been a officiated involving Carolina win or lose.

There was bad calls but that happens in every game.

They should have called the 5th on Flip and they missed the trip. The push off on Ryan was a good call he did it and right in the open back court with the official right there looking at him.

Regardless of what some think ESPN don't hate us, the officials don't ref different when we are playing, and our player to foul from time to time.

Reactions: bleeduncblue
The pre game video of RJ being verbally abused and actually threatened with death was very enlightening. But hey those crazies sure are something...the face paint, the banana costumes all those wacky cheer sheets...too bad this vastly overrated nonsense jumped the shark about 30 years ago.

It was, between you and Gary there has never been a officiated involving Carolina win or lose.

There was bad calls but that happens in every game.

They should have called the 5th on Flip and they missed the trip. The push off on Ryan was a good call he did it and right in the open back court with the official right there looking at him.

Regardless of what some think ESPN don't hate us, the officials don't ref different when we are playing, and our player to foul from time to time.
I was going to ignore your first foray into nonsense ITT, but not now.

Knowing full well that this is falling on (intentionally) deaf ears, for the umpteenth time, officiating is part of every game. When they screw up and it affects the game I, and many here, will continue to say so, and (although I doubt you choose to notice) I also point it out when it's good.

So, you can take your juvenile generalizations and passive-aggressive jackassery and shove it.

The pre game video of RJ being verbally abused and actually threatened with death was very enlightening. But hey those crazies sure are something...the face paint, the banana costumes all those wacky cheer sheets...too bad this vastly overrated nonsense jumped the shark about 30 years ago.
The abuse from dook's "Founding Fathers" was filmed. They said some nasty, racist things to him.

What actually pissed me off more was the shoot around video of RJ. The crap directed at him was really out of line. I think a UNC poster posted it on the dook board. the league really needs to take a look at that and any video of Teddy sticking his fingers in his ears when Hubert was talking. An official acting like a toddler is not acceptable.
5 star post. What POSs all around: little preppy elite rich daddy pu—ies yelling criminal stuff at RJ…
and Ted V who has no business reffing anything bigger than rec league or girls grade school. The expanse between what he thinks he is and what he actually is - is so vast.

5 star post. What POSs all around: little preppy elite rich daddy pu—ies yelling criminal stuff at RJ…
and Ted V who has no business reffing anything bigger than rec league or girls grade school. The expanse between what he thinks he is and what he actually is - is so vast.
The last time we had Teddy, he was the best zebra on the floor that particular night, but Saturday, as he too often does, he took things into his own hands. He absolutley saw the trip --- even said something to Flopowski --- but no call. Maybe he wasn't sure it was an intentional trip. OK, BUT... when you have a HC pleading for a review, you DO NOT ignore him --- on the next stoppage you let the camera tell the tale.

Every bit as egregious was the plow-over on RJ, which would've been Flopowski's 5th. That contact happened before the clock expired and was right there in front of God and everyone, but again, it was his 5th...

As for the Ryan offensive foul, I actually feared that call was coming. It was correct, per se, although the initial contact that Proctor brought should have already been called, especially since that was a "foul" situation for dook.

The last time we had Teddy, he was the best zebra on the floor that particular night, but Saturday, as he too often does, he took things into his own hands.
Even Roy said a few occasions that TV is a good official when he wants to be.
Key phrase "when he wants to be".
Kersey keeps him around to do stunts like he did on Saturday, and what he did to JB. If he ever does that to a dook player or to the Face he will be gone from the league and maybe college basketball.

Even Roy said a few occasions that TV is a good official when he wants to be.
Key phrase "when he wants to be".
Kersey keeps him around to do stunts like he did on Saturday, and what he did to JB. If he ever does that to a dook player or to the Face he will be gone from the league and maybe college basketball.
Spot on. Teddy's achiiles heel is the "TV" moniker he too often earns --- not as much from the flamboyance (which I don't mind), as from exactly what you (and Roy) said.

Things go south when he injects himself too much into the conduct and flow of the game instead of calling it.

In a different (and more destructive) way, that sawed-off jackass Michael Stephens embodied that (before he got kicked upstairs in a non-P5 conference). Stephens' mechanics were solid (and a little flashy) and he kept getting plum assignments, that is until his agenda-setting caught up with him. His anti-UNC bias --- and for any doubters out there, the numbers and outcomes when he called UNC games were staggering --- got exposed in (among other places) the 2016 and 17 Natty games.

Stephens liked games to be played HIS way, which didn't fit UNC's style. I still marvel at Mike Eades giving us makeup calls directly to counter Stephens in the 17 game... and that sh** doesn't go unnoticed.

Now, with that comparison aside, I'm not insinuatung Teddy has a Stephens-like agenda vis-a-vis any particular team --- instead, Teddy's performance seems to be more dependent on his mood or the stage he's on.

Spot on. Teddy's achiiles heel is the "TV" moniker he too often earns --- not as much from the flamboyance (which I don't mind), as from exactly what you (and Roy) said.

Things go south when he injects himself too much into the conduct and flow of the game instead of calling it.

In a different (and more destructive) way, that sawed-off jackass Michael Stephens embodied that (before he got kicked upstairs in a non-P5 conference). Stephens' mechanics were solid (and a little flashy) and he kept getting plum assignments, that is until his agenda-setting caught up with him. His anti-UNC bias --- and for any doubters out there, the numbers and outcomes when he called UNC games were staggering --- got exposed in (among other places) the 2016 and 17 Natty games.

Stephens liked games to be played HIS way, which didn't fit UNC's style. I still marvel at Mike Eades giving us makeup calls directly to counter Stephens in the 17 game... and that sh** doesn't go unnoticed.

Now, with that comparison aside, I'm not insinuatung Teddy has a Stephens-like agenda vis-a-vis any particular team --- instead, Teddy's performance seems to be more dependent on his mood or the stage he's on.

I was amazed Stephens got the ‘16 & ‘17 championship games back to back. He was so bad in ‘16 how could an assignor give him the next one too.

Unless………

Didn’t work though, karma was on our side & Stephens can go suck a big fat one.

I’m sure Cryer will make an announcement any time now apologizing for Tripowski’s behavior and stating that Trip will miss the next game as punishment. I’m sure he will also condone the behavior of the Crazies and will make it crystal clear that throwing anything on the court is unacceptable.

I’m also positive that the head of ACC officials will review the tripping incident and make Tripowski sit out the next game. TV will be admonished for showing up Hubert and being unprofessional.

Not!
Bumped. Didn’t happen yesterday but I’m sure it will today.

• Haha
Reactions: al would
I was amazed Stephens got the ‘16 & ‘17 championship games back to back. He was so bad in ‘16 how could an assignor give him the next one too.

Unless………

Didn’t work though, karma was on our side & Stephens can go suck a big fat one.
2016 was the worst officiated National Championship I had ever witnessed. I was so ticked off at how the officials literally gave Villanova that game

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT