ADVERTISEMENT

Another road game against a team that got embarrassed

Bubspub88

Hall of Famer
Jun 2, 2006
First Miami gets humiliated at UVa scoring 38 points and we go to South Beach. Now the Hoos only get 41 in a 30 point loss to Va Tech. Can't we get a game against a team that is due for a let down for a change? ACC is crazy this year and JPJ Arena has been brutal for the Heels. UUGGHHHH!

Hopefully, we play with the intensity necessary to offset their initial passion. They will come out with in your face, physical D and we just have to weather it. If we are strong with the ball and focus on offensive execution, we will be fine! We know we can score, and we know we can hit tough, contested shots so we just have to keep them in check on their offensive end!

Two things you can’t do against uva is let them dictate tempo or let them get a large lead. If either of those scenarios happen then Carolina is likely to take a loss.

Reactions: uncfanatic
We just have to be tough and smart. They have a reputation for really good D, therefore Refs give them the benefit of the doubt. We do not get that same benefit. Sometimes what is called a foul on us will be called good D for them. This is where we will need to be mentally tough and never show frustration (EC?), instead channel it into even more intensity or focus! AND For God's sake, finish through contact!

I'm sure the Heels know all these things. The key is - can they make them happen. At least we aren't the ones that embarrassed UVA. I really think that is what led to Syracuse's win over us -payback

Cuse was tougher and more focused than us for most of the game. We have to match UVA's intensity and be strong with the ball! EC has shown a steep learning curve and last game was another blip to correct!

Cuse was tougher and more focused than us for most of the game. We have to match UVA's intensity and be strong with the ball! EC has shown a steep learning curve and last game was another blip to correct!
Interesting that you used Cuse and Uva in your reply TP? I say that because rhere are 2 teams in the ACC that play "different" styles of defense that you do not often see, Syracuse and their zone and UVa with their pac-man, you have to attack those 2 teams different than anyone else.

• Love
Reactions: TPFKAPFS
And now EC has seen the Cuse zone so I expect him to be better next time. It is clear that EC has a few games where he showed flashes of being a freshman. (he has had far more flashes of greatness though!) He will learn to channel and not display his negative emotions. He will learn to adjust to physical play, multiple D, and the inconsistency of the refs and the good thing is, he has time to do a lot of it this year since we will go deep in the Tourney!

Interesting that you used Cuse and Uva in your reply TP? I say that because rhere are 2 teams in the ACC that play "different" styles of defense that you do not often see, Syracuse and their zone and UVa with their pac-man, you have to attack those 2 teams different than anyone else.
Syracuse had not played zone this year much under Red, but they sure did against us. Virginia is the same, ugly, muck it up style for sure though.

And now EC has seen the Cuse zone so I expect him to be better next time. It is clear that EC has a few games where he showed flashes of being a freshman. (he has had far more flashes of greatness though!) He will learn to channel and not display his negative emotions. He will learn to adjust to physical play, multiple D, and the inconsistency of the refs and the good thing is, he has time to do a lot of it this year since we will go deep in the Tourney!
Ya know what, it feels like at times, if I am not saying something GLOWING about Cadeau that I am throwing shade at him, if I chose not to go way over the top in praise for him that I am in some way against him? I am not, I am just a realist, I have caught myself being to over the top in praise for him at times, I try to temper that with reason. Every Tar Heel fan should be absolutely thrilled that this kid plays for us, for a fact I am.

What I do not like is the effort to make excuses for him when he makes mistakes, mistakes that you should expect freshmen to make, especially a freshman starting PG at UNC. For example, recent discussion about fouls called on the kid for not giving the jump shooter room to land off the jumper. It is a mistake by the kid but when I called him on it rather than, yeah it was and he needs to learn from it what I saw was excuses (not from all but from to many) about flops and kicking legs out. Come on, you know better than that and that is a collective YOU. I call out his mistakes because I want him to learn from them and not repeat them, not duck my head in the sand and excuse them away like they did not actually happen. As that great American poet, Josey Wales put it "don't piss down my leg and tell me it is raining"...

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
There's iron in EC's words of life; and there's iron in his words of death!

Opponents better decide quick because dying ain't much of a living!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT