ADVERTISEMENT

Any truth to the Fedora to Mizzou smoke?

Terrible move for Fedora. I doubt he'd cut himself short like that. I'm not saying he won't leave us. But I highly doubt it would be for a program like Mizzou (and who would willingly want to walk into the social mess going on out there).

Fedora will have way better offers than Mizzou.

Reactions: Tigertown_a_Rick
3328269.jpg

If there is any truth to such rumors, then Fedora is as stupid as most of have thought when his brain farts have cost us a chance to win games.

Terrible move for Fedora. I doubt he'd cut himself short like that. I'm not saying he won't leave us. But I highly doubt it would be for a program like Mizzou (and who would willingly want to walk into the social mess going on out there).

Fedora will have way better offers than Mizzou.
If Missouri doesn't hire a black or gay coach, the protesting students will trash the place.

Yep, Mizzou has nothing to offer that Chapel Hill does not. It will be easier to win big right where he is at.

Mizzou is a grease fire. If I was a HS coach I wouldn't go there. Talking about made up issues and the black gay student body prez was caught in a verifiable lie. uh sounds familiar.

Tennessee's premium board has a 3-page thread on "The Hat." Thought it may have been about Fedora but I think it's about Les Miles.

I thought Miles was "The Mad Hatter". So if they have a thread titled "The Hat" and they're talking about Miles, that's really all you need to know about the Mizzou program.

The more I think about it, the notion that Fedora would leave Carolina for Missouri is jokey.

I thought Miles was "The Mad Hatter". So if they have a thread titled "The Hat" and they're talking about Miles, that's really all you need to know about the Mizzou program.

The more I think about it, the notion that Fedora would leave Carolina for Missouri is jokey.
Reading comprehension, bud :p

Well ferguson is there. Great vacation spot. Plus its only a good two day drive from the closest beach. Oh and the tornadoes. They're cool.

Some of you kill me how you even consider any of these rumors true. Fed is staying at UNC unless maybe a Texas school came calling.

If UNC pays Coach Fedora and his wife likes life in Chapel Hill, he will stay put.
You guys that trash him, ask one question, who replaces him and gets the Heels to where he has?

Reactions: BeezerHeel
let's see
UNC - rising program. Tremendous potential. Very manageable schedule. Reasonable (?) fan base

Mizzou - all sorts a crap hitting the fan the fb coach has no control over. SEC west

Tough call unless looking for a reason to leave

I don't see Fedora leaving when he's just beginning to build such a potentially awesome program, provided his pay is competitive with other offers.

What could be a problem is Gene Chizik being offered a head coaching job. Kind of can't believe he's not in the discussion for Miami, South Carolina and VA Tech. Really hope he stays at least a 4-5 years but schools would be crazy not to consider him.

Of course, he could wait and something bigger open up. He'd be in the rat race again in terms of could win a national title and could still be fired down the road but he'd be a head coach again.

Some of you kill me how you even consider any of these rumors true. Fed is staying at UNC unless maybe a Texas school came calling.

If we can get close to competitive pay if they offer, he probably should stay with us. Look what happened with Chizik and some of these programs. You can win it all and still be fired.

You make UNC a powerhouse football program, regular top 10, winning a title or 2, and you could become what Dean Smith became to UNC basketball. Well, maybe that's going too far considering Dean's immense influence on the whole sport of basketball, but you could become UNC football legend, greatest coach ever here and you don't have folks breathing down your back so much if you happen to lose a rivalry game.

let's see
UNC - rising program. Tremendous potential. Very manageable schedule. Reasonable (?) fan base

Mizzou - all sorts a crap hitting the fan the fb coach has no control over. SEC west

Tough call unless looking for a reason to leave

I'm pretty sure Mizzou plays in the SEC EAST.

Reactions: Mizzoumatt
I thought there was a thread where Fed was getting a pay raise and more money for his staff. And that it would be announced after the season sometime in December?

If UNC pays Coach Fedora and his wife likes life in Chapel Hill, he will stay put.
You guys that trash him, ask one question, who replaces him and gets the Heels to where he has?

I don't know of anyone who trashes Fedora, only his bone headed decisions, which have been all but eliminated this season after the South Carolina game.

I dont see Fed leaving right now unless its a huge offer from a traditional powerhouse. He's put in years of work to build Carolina football up to where its at now, and he's finally starting to reap the rewards of that effort. I think he knows that a playoff run is very realistic in the next few years, especially if the playoff is expanded to 6 or 8 teams

If Fedora were on fire, neither you nor Gridiron would piss on him.

The blind hatred gets old.
WHY can't a person vehemently disagree w/ how Fed coaches IN-game, explaining the thoughts behind the ridiculous gaffes and what he sees causing them...and then take pains to point out, also repeatedly, how he also thinks Fed is EXCELLENT in the program-building aspect of his job, without such hatred being ascribed to him? For about the 9 billionth time, I do NOT hate Fedora....I get tired of him zoning out mentally and snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, or nearly so, so very often....something that is CORRECTABLE, and high past time in need of fixing!

To be clear:
1- I most certainly would put Larry out if he was on fire, and I'd try to do so w/ water.
2- I would piss on Cut to put him out....I'd take my damn time about it, and hope I'd eaten plenty of asparagus recently so that my piss had a really good stench about it that Cut could enjoy and wax philosophic about afterwards to his fawning press.
3- Not sure about Doeren. Since they're such a "hand in the dirt" operation, I might just give him a shovel and a bucket, and sit down and watch him engineer his own escape. As he neared completion of his extrication, THEN I'd piss on him.

Just want to be perfectly clear on my position....

Reactions: notashelbyfan
Of course, I would like for Fedora to stay and for his Assistants to remain on the staff as well....But the last time Fedora had a team go 11 or 12 and 1, he became our Head Coach....

As other's have mentioned above, it really depends on where his heart is, and where he and his family are the most happy....Is it here?...We just don't know how content anyone is until they stay for a long time as Dean Smith did, and then they become ledgend...

I know of NO such ledgend for Carolina Football other than maybe Mack Brown, who left before becoming a ledgend!

I like others hope Gene Chizik hangs around another year or so, but I'm at least thankful to him and his defensive assistants for the great work that they've done in only 1 season...

As the old saying goes, "You've got to strike while the Iron is hot" which would mean that we could possibilly lose some of our Coaches with all these nationwide vacancies now open?

But one thing you have to say if you're a Tar Heel Football fan:

We're Divison Champs, and we're playing in the ACC Championship game, and who realistically believed that would have been possible when the season began!

Go Tar Heels!

Guys once again, without Chizik and staff this year, we would be looking at the same record that we have seen before they arrived. If you really think Fedora is the reason for the turnaround then you are nuts. That doesn't mean I hate Fedora or think he's awful but give credit where it is due. Look at all the interviews and write ups where they ask the players the reason for the improvement. Every damn one of them say Chizik and the atmosphere he has brought to the team, specifically in practice and preparation.

It may not be popular to skip over the head man when heaping praise to the new DC but didn't we all kind of expect/hope for this outcome when we hired Chiz?

It's really not meant to knock Fedora, but more the realization that Chiz is just that good. If that comes at the expense of Fed then so be it for you folks that think it has to be one way or the other.

WHY can't a person vehemently disagree w/ how Fed coaches IN-game, explaining the thoughts behind the ridiculous gaffes and what he sees causing them...and then take pains to point out, also repeatedly, how he also thinks Fed is EXCELLENT in the program-building aspect of his job, without such hatred being ascribed to him? For about the 9 billionth time, I do NOT hate Fedora....I get tired of him zoning out mentally and snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, or nearly so, so very often....something that is CORRECTABLE, and high past time in need of fixing!

To be clear:
1- I most certainly would put Larry out if he was on fire, and I'd try to do so w/ water.
2- I would piss on Cut to put him out....I'd take my damn time about it, and hope I'd eaten plenty of asparagus recently so that my piss had a really good stench about it that Cut could enjoy and wax philosophic about afterwards to his fawning press.
3- Not sure about Doeren. Since they're such a "hand in the dirt" operation, I might just give him a shovel and a bucket, and sit down and watch him engineer his own escape. As he neared completion of his extrication, THEN I'd piss on him.

Just want to be perfectly clear on my position....

oh, man, that was funny stuff!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT