ADVERTISEMENT

Any truth to the Fedora to Mizzou smoke?

Great post here. I guess the wildcard is really the possible sanctions? Also maybe being second fiddle to the basketball program?
No football program winning big is 2nd fiddle to a basketball program, even those with the most history.
Sanctions can of course be a wild card, no doubt. A couple things to note though:
1) UNC's lawyers and PTB have indicated to men's basketball and football that we are clear of any crippling sanctions (post-season bans, significant scholarship reduction).
2). Any sanctions that DO come down will be the end of all of this. The threat of sanctions is what has made recruiting difficult for both programs, not the sanctions themselves, if that makes sense. Once the sanctions are handed down, schools can no longer negatively recruit against us using the "what if" approach. Once they're handed down, everything returns to normal.

And as for basketball, our current AD (who is still new, was hired in 2011-12) is absolutely doing whatever it takes to support football at UNC. That wasn't the case with the previous AD a lot of the time. Our current AD, Bubba Cunningham is pulling the strings to ensure football is supported in addition to basketball, not despite of it.

Question for you Mizzou guys (I'm assuming you're Mizzou guys), how strong is the football tradition and support there? I though Mizzou had morphed into a bit of a basketball school in the last 20 years or so. I'm just not very familiar with Mizzou football. Has it hurt at all that you've lost your rivalry with Kansas? I'd assume no lol.
Mizzou's last conference title was in 1969 with Dan Devine as HC. Mizzou has fewer all times Ws than we do and a lower winning %.

Is it a lateral move when one school pays its head coach and assistants more than double what the other does? Or when one school is sitting there with a notice of allegations from the NCAA that will hit the football program?

Just curious about the reasoning here.
Dang boy do some research before showing yourself as uninformed. Just read an article on the NCAA and UNC/Bubba still expects the dust to settle by spring. As to allegations, they speak for themselves. Don't confuse the next step with those already taken. You might even read Wainstein.

And with all due respect, this is all bullsh*t. Mizzou can pay a coach likely over $5M annually. It can pay coordinators near $1M or more. Plus, the rest of the staff will be handsomely paid. Columbia is an exceptional town.

I understand we went through a rough patch, but it's hardly a blip on the Columbia radar now. All things are back to normal.

Also, I wouldn't be one to lob bombs at playing "not good competition." Last I checked the Coastal isn't filled with hard hitters.

Have a nice day. ;)
Sorry but tell me the other school who had the players refusing to play over made up BULLSH1T? As far as pay I am pretty sure we can match anything Mo. can.

I never said you didn't play good competition but UF and UGa(the big boys on the block) have struggled with QB play the last couple of years and Mo. has never really been a national brand in either sport.

Any way the only names I have heard mentioned with the Mo. opening are Matt Ruhle , Barry Odom , Brent Venables , Jeff Brohm and Dino Babers.

Stop Fedora is not going anywhere. He is about to get a raise and a raise for his staff too. The people in charge now wants to be a football power now also. Made the stadium bigger and looks better. Even though it is always empty. Oked a indoor practice facility. So guys Bubbas series about football and ALL SPORTS AT CAROLINA!!!!!!! This is not a basketball only school anymore.

Also, I wouldn't be one to lob bombs at playing "not good competition." Last I checked the Coastal isn't filled with hard hitters.

DaHouse77, before you say anything further about the ACC or either division, better do your homework, the Coastal's top 4 teams are better than the Atlantic's top 4 teams.

And we'll find out about the Atlantic's top one this weekend...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT