ADVERTISEMENT

Bacot had a team only meeting after getting back from Atlanta

IDUNK4HEELS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2004
kernersville nc
I just read an article that Armando Bacot had a team only meeting after the team got back from Atlanta and the meeting took place after midnight….

Some things had to be discussed like to refocus on Duke on Saturday and just worry about one game at a time.

Having this team meeting to put everything out there to refocus does not sound like a WEAK player or someone WHO DOES NOT CARE anymore as many have dared to bring up.

I honestly believe no one on the team bleeds Carolina Blue more than Bacot does and I also believe he is playing with a undisclosed injury like he did when they played Kansas in the finals that no one knew about until after the game…

I just read an article that Armando Bacot had a team only meeting after the team got back from Atlanta and the meeting took place after midnight….

Some things had to be discussed like to refocus on Duke on Saturday and just worry about one game at a time.

Having this team meeting to put everything out there to refocus does not sound like a WEAK player or someone WHO DOES NOT CARE anymore as many have dared to bring up.

I honestly believe no one on the team bleeds Carolina Blue more than Bacot does and I also believe he is playing with a undisclosed injury like he did when they played Kansas in the finals that no one knew about until after the game…
You're saying you think he has an injury and he told everyone this during the meeting? What could the injury be? He seems fine when he moves

It was a good and timely meeting that addressed many of the issues in the last "stuff" thread. Good on 'em.

Eh imo players only meetings are way overrated in sports. I mean it’s fine if this somehow makes other players more accountable - but if ABs not hurt he can lead MORE by example, by getting more rebounds, being stronger in the paint. Finishing including on offensive rebounds. Talk is so cheap. Let your play do the talking / leading.

If he IS significantly hurt - it is on him and hind to have others on the floor more minutes. Wash and withers.

Reactions: Agsmith9
No where in my statement did I say to quote you “he told everyone this during the meeting”…
"playing with a undisclosed injury like he did when they played Kansas in the finals that no one knew about until after the game…"

What are you referring to? Surely you're not referring to Kansas game in championship. They were aware he had an injury when he hurt his ankle in that game.. didn't need to wait until after.. plus he hurt it against Virginia that year also.

You specifically stated you believe he's playing with an undisclosed injury.. which is??

Last edited:
"playing with a undisclosed injury like he did when they played Kansas in the finals that no one knew about until after the game…"

What are you referring to? Surely you're not referring to Kansas game in championship. They were aware he had an injury when he hurt his ankle in that game.. didn't need to wait until after.. plus he hurt it against Virginia that year also.

You specifically stated you believe he's playing with an undisclosed injury.. which is??
That's not what it was about.

That's not what it was about.
I understand that.. but he said "I also believe he is playing with a undisclosed injury like he did when they played Kansas in the finals that no one knew about until after the game…"

Until after what game??? If he's talking about Kansas then that's not true.. he got hurt during that game so obviously they knew about it before after the game.

Also he specifically said he believes bacot is playing with an undisclosed injury.. which is what??

Reactions: KinstonNC
Once again, Bacot proves to be the exact leader the team needs! Family really appreciate everything this young man has done for UNC!
Unfortunately many fans ONLY look at stats and have absolutely no idea of a team concept. His defense and tremendous screens have been instrumental in Carolina’s turn around from last season. He has been the backbone of 10 straight teams failing to score 70 points in a game..

Once again, Bacot proves to be the exact leader the team needs! Family really appreciate everything this young man has done for UNC!

Unfortunately many fans ONLY look at stats and have absolutely no idea of a team concept. His defense and tremendous screens have been instrumental in Carolina’s turn around from last season. He has been the backbone of 10 straight teams failing to score 70 points in a game..
Nah I’d say the backbone / leader has been Trimble by a wide margin. Maybe I’d include Bacot in that next group of good defenders: Ingram Bacot cormac.

I understand that.. but he said "I also believe he is playing with a undisclosed injury like he did when they played Kansas in the finals that no one knew about until after the game…"

Until after what game??? If he's talking about Kansas then that's not true.. he got hurt during that game so obviously they knew about it before after the game.

Also he specifically said he believes bacot is playing with an undisclosed injury.. which is what??
Wicked Tuna Fishing GIF by National Geographic Channel

• Love
Reactions: TarHeelFanWV
To be fair, the report i saw was that the meeting was called by Bacot and RJ and was more of a total team conversation than a raha speech by either. I like the fact that players recognized something is wrong and want to work it out together to fix it. Very different than 1 guy screaming at everyone.

I guess we'll see if it worked.
Go Heels!

Reactions: Heelicious
What’s impressive to me is that after losing their first game by only one point in an away game in dreaded Atlanta and after a 10 game winning streak they get in late to Chapel Hill and they hold a players meeting right then. Even though we had been winning quite impressively we have all seen cracks in their game as of late. The Team was mature enough to recognize any issues and hopefully they got everything aired out while it was still very fresh in their minds. Point being is I’ve never heard of a players only meeting in this context quite like this before and to me that is very impressive. I hope the Team comes out reenergized and rejuvenated. I hope we destroy dook this evening! GO HEELS!!!!!!!!

What’s impressive to me is that after losing their first game by only one point in an away game in dreaded Atlanta and after a 10 game winning streak they get in late to Chapel Hill and they hold a players meeting right then. Even though we had been winning quite impressively we have all seen cracks in their game as of late. The Team was mature enough to recognize any issues and hopefully they got everything aired out while it was still very fresh in their minds. Point being is I’ve never heard of a players only meeting in this context quite like this before and to me that is very impressive. I hope the Team comes out reenergized and rejuvenated. I hope we destroy dook this evening! GO HEELS!!!!!!!!
I agree. Very impressive!!

Reactions: Heels5150
You're saying you think he has an injury and he told everyone this during the meeting? What could the injury be? He seems fine when he moves
That is not what ID said? There is no place in what ID said that stated Bacot told his teammates that he was dealing with an injury.

Ok.. answer what YOU think his injury is then??
What? You alleged ID said something he did not say. I have been very clear as to what I suspect but I have not shared what I think as fact, have I. This caught my attention simply because had Bacot actually shared that he did in fact have an injury it would reflect something I suspect.

Have you ever had a high ankle sprain, I have and it is no fun. Your regular garden variety ankle sprain can take from a couple days to a couple weeks with rest and you are fine, have had more than once. But A high ankle sprain is a different beast, it can take multiple months of rest before it mends. But athletes don't have multiple months they can take off. Bacot ended the last 2 seasons on crutches from ankle sprains, it could have been the same sprain but re-aggravated as he played on it. Do that to much and you can end up with ligament damage. Bacot has said this season that he dealt with injury all this past off season that did not heal like it was supposed to, not in this meeting ID was speaking of. WE are at a point of the season where they all have nicks rarely talked about.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT