ADVERTISEMENT

Bam

Steat

You know I love you buddy. But how many kids that come to UK has any affiliation to WWW? I'm serious. I don't know. I would like to know though.

I also know there was a thread started here where Roy and WWW were in a picture and both had their arms around a player that Roy was recruiting.

Most here was ecstatic that Roy was making a bond with WWW. And you know that's true.

So, is it fair to say that some here would want WWW to help bring players to UNC? And if WWW did, would that mean UNC was doing something wrong?

I'm not being smart at all Steat. I hope you know me better than that.

But I would like to see what players involved with WWW has been recruited by both UNC and UK.

If you can help me it would be appreciated.

JC, here is a copy of the post I made on the Premium board this morning. I have one AAU coach connection and it is good one. I have never told him I was a Tar Heel fan. WWW feeds players to Kentucky. I can't prove it but the AAU coach I know says all the coaches for the major schools know it. Kentucky will never get in trouble for it because they are not doing anything against NCAA rules. Here you go:

"WWW strategy is NEVER to put anything in writing. It is all done by "winks and handshakes". The man makes his money in cash payments. I would love to see WWW's tax return. The AAU guy I know is not very fond of WWW. He said WWW does not talk to parents or the handlers. Nike makes millions by inking shoe deals with star NBA players and they are competing with Adidas and Under Armour.

Picture this scenario:

WWW through his people make it known to Nike that he can guarantee that superstar high school player X will sign a shoe deal with them if the deal is worth at least $5M per year when the player gets drafted into the NBA. Somewhere along the way WWW (through his people) guarantees the handler that if he can get player X to commit to Kentucky he will receive at minimum a $5M Nike contract after the NBA draft. The handler will serve as the agent for the player's first Nike contract and get paid that way, upwards to 10% of the player's NIKE contract. Brian Clifton was the handler for John Wall' and was the agent for his first NIKE contract . The AAU guy told me that there are several other shady scenarios but the key is that WWW is never directly involved with the handler or Nike. There are layers of people and WWW NEVER puts anything in writing."

You see JC, Calipari knows about this but he his not directly involved. John Wall's case is a classic example and one of the many similar cases. Neither Calipari or Kentucky does anything wrong but they benefit as a result of WWW placing kids at Kentucky. WWW is like a minister at a church. He does not have to make a big salary because he gets everything free. You think he pays for those courtside and box seats at NBA games? Nope, he pays for nothing. He gets free tickets from many sources and when you add it up it comes up to thousands of dollars.

Another thing. WWW only stocks a few teams because it is to his advantage that the teams are contenders every year and the players get a lot of exposure. Thus, bigger shoe deals! Making more sense to you now JC....lol

Last edited:
so what is the motivation for WWW to steer players to Cal? Just friendship?

SEE my post above about free tickets. Also, what was stopping Clifton from handing over in cash several thousand to cash to WWW after he received his 10% cut of Wall's Nike contract. All legal .....WWW is a rich man and he is doing it all supposed all legal and not in writing.

Wall never signed with Nike. His 1st shoe deal was with Reebok & then he switched over to adidas.
WWW isn't loyal to Nike as he once was.

I don't normally post on this stuff and I fully expect to get slammed but its worth proceeding

but I do have two questions - if you're UNC and you're saying "follow the $$$" because you don't understand why Cal is landing these kids.

1. Do you really want a kid that takes money on your UNC team? Are we to believe that a kid on the take was a choir boy until the corruption of Cal convinced him to set aside his ethics and come play for UK? I'm not sure what to think about fans of a program who are questioning the integrity of a program landing a kid, but still would take the kid who obviously has questionable character. This seems to be a rinse, lather and repeat line of thinking for every kid (and not just from UNC) that signs with UK. I mean we're all guilty of questioning why a kid chose another school over ours - but we all seem to forget that if the kid is on the take and we ourselves are putting our school on the moral high ground, then there is a real conflict of interest in wanting this kid in the first place. If in fact the kid is on the take and Cal is doling out the money, you as a fan should be happy that you aren't saddled with the high risk proposition of a kid like this eventually putting your program in a compromised position. With a kid like that , if he doesn't end up at UK(given this scenario), its going to be a program like SMU, right?

2. And assuming that UK/UNC is in the running with a kid who has his hand out, if UNC were to land this kid, what does that say about your program? I know the assumption is that of course UNC would not offer a payment to a kid to come play - so we are to believe that every kid that UNC loses to UK is of questionable and corrupt character while UNC only lands the kids that are above board because they refuse to pay? Every kid?

it seems like a stretch.

Coming from a time in UK's history when we couldn't beat UNC for a recruit (Tubby/Gillispie...even Pitino to some extent) I know all too well what its like to see the other programs land kids and you ask what are they doing that we aren't. The reality was that many kids didn't want to play for Tubby, and UNC was still leveraging the era of Michael Jordan and the national appeal of UNC as a brand. UNC didn't have to cheat to get these kids because the bottom line was at the time UK wasn't selling a brand, style or coach that could compete with UNC. UK fans knew it and its why we had such a problem with Jordan interacting with the recruits. Once they heard about him wearing Carolina shorts under his Bulls uniform, the family atmosphere, etc, who is going to go to Kentucky to play ball line defense for Tubby Smith and his son Saul as starting PG?

In defense of Cal, at least its easy to sell a kid on 1 year and then go pro to make millions. And now we see that Coach K is jumping on that bandwagon approach as well.

The question is - has UNC adapted to this strategy or are they still in the mode of "what will you do for our program" instead of "what can our program do for you"?

Being an obviously biased UK fan, I tend to see the current issues with UNC recruiting if indeed there are any as you are ranked #1 as more of the former as opposed to the latter.

Its an adaption issue - one that has killed Indiana for more than a decade.

Take notice UK fans, this post by TankedCat is how you should post here. I would like to tip my hat to him for his post. It's reasonable and rational yet in opposition to our board's group think. Well done, Tanked.

JC, your act, on the other hand, is getting old. You used to post here frequently and in all sorts of threads and most of us enjoyed your contributions. But the last handful of posts I've read from you are some kind of a lecture to our posters. You wrongly accused several folks here of supporting sexual abuse against a child just because we were making fun of UK. Now you're here chastising some of us for calling Bam dirty. I don't know if Bam is dirty or not. But I know we don't need you attempting to be the voice of reason. People with extreme views should and will get called out by our own. I actually agree with much of what you said. It's better if one of our own says it. And if one of our own doesn't say it, then we don't and you should just deal with it. I believe your board is probably in more need of a hall monitor. I would encourage you to tackle that board and let us handle ours. If you would like to post here, I'm all for it. But leave the lectures at the door.

SEE my post above about free tickets. Also, what was stopping Clifton from handing over in cash several thousand to cash to WWW after he received his 10% cut of Wall's Nike contract. All legal .....WWW is a rich man and he is doing it all supposed all legal and not in writing.

I don't want to drive it into the ground but millions of dollars at stake and free tickets is the motivator?

I don't know - assuming this is happening as said, I'm struggling to see how Cal has this grip on WWW to funnel kids to him (other than WWW's belief that Cal and UK is the best way to get a kid into the NBA and profit from it).

Easy to see the mutual benefit of the deal between Clifton and WWW as described above. UK would be a vehicle to maximize that potential. At the most its "you keep getting them in the NBA and I'll keep telling them to go there"...or is there a piece I'm missing?

JC, here is a copy of the post I made on the Premium board this morning. I have one AAU coach connection and it is good one. I have never told him I was a Tar Heel fan. WWW feeds players to Kentucky. I can't prove it but the AAU coach I know says all the coaches for the major schools know it. Kentucky will never get in trouble for it because they are not doing anything against NCAA rules. Here you go:

"WWW strategy is NEVER to put anything in writing. It is all done by "winks and handshakes". The man makes his money in cash payments. I would love to see WWW's tax return. The AAU guy I know is not very fond of WWW. He said WWW does not talk to parents or the handlers. Nike makes millions by inking shoe deals with star NBA players and they are competing with Adidas and Under Armour.

Picture this scenario:

WWW through his people make it known to Nike that he can guarantee that superstar high school player X will sign a shoe deal with them if the deal is worth at least $5M per year when the player gets drafted into the NBA. Somewhere along the way WWW (through his people) guarantees the handler that if he can get player X to commit to Kentucky he will receive at minimum a $5M Nike contract after the NBA draft. The handler will serve as the agent for the player's first Nike contract and get paid that way, upwards to 10% of the player's NIKE contract. Brian Clifton was the handler for John Wall' and was the agent for his first NIKE contract . The AAU guy told me that there are several other shady scenarios but the key is that WWW is never directly involved with the handler or Nike. There are layers of people and WWW NEVER puts anything in writing."

You see JC, Calipari knows about this but he his not directly involved. John Wall's case is a classic example and one of the many similar cases. Neither Calipari or Kentucky does anything wrong but they benefit as a result of WWW placing kids at Kentucky. WWW is like a minister at a church. He does not have to make a big salary because he gets everything free. You think he pays for those courtside and box seats at NBA games? Nope, he pays for nothing. He gets free tickets from many sources and when you add it up it comes up to thousands of dollars.

Another thing. WWW only stocks a few teams because it is to his advantage that the teams are contenders every year and the players get a lot of exposure. Thus, bigger shoe deals! Making more sense to you now JC....lol
Stunningly familiar scenario (don't forget the kickbacks after the contracts are signed)... and he has to stick to a few programs to keep the cut-outs fewer and quieter. Plausible deniability for the coach and program (unlike that infamous FedEx box o' cash meant for Shawn Kemp :eek:)

I don't want to drive it into the ground but millions of dollars at stake and free tickets is the motivator?

I don't know - assuming this is happening as said, I'm struggling to see how Cal has this grip on WWW to funnel kids to him (other than WWW's belief that Cal and UK is the best way to get a kid into the NBA and profit from it).

Easy to see the mutual benefit of the deal between Clifton and WWW as described above. UK would be a vehicle to maximize that potential. At the most its "you keep getting them in the NBA and I'll keep telling them to go there"...or is there a piece I'm missing?

It is more than a belief. The NCAA can't do anything about it. Calapari and WWW are very good friends....that you can take to the bank. WWW gets kickbacks after the player get to the NBA.

WWW calls John Wall and says " John Boy, I need 2 courtside seats for the Laker game"...Wall says..."I'll leave them in your name at Will Call, anything else you want"? ....

It is more than a belief. The NCAA can't do anything about it. Calapari and WWW are very good friends....that you can take to the bank. WWW gets kickbacks after the player get to the NBA.

WWW calls John Wall and says " John Boy, I need 2 courtside seats for the Laker game"...Wall says..."I'll leave them in your name at Will Call, anything else you want"? ....

I won't argue that.

But if its all above board, I'm OK with it. Clearly I wasn't when Cal was at Memphis but I can say I was honest enough to admit I wanted him doing it at UK.

I just thought that when people are saying follow the money or whatever that Cal or WWW was paying money directly to players or handlers for the specific purpose of them signing with UK.

So I'd ask - does UNC have a moral/ethical objection to pursuing this kind of situation for themselves either with or creating their own version WWW as a liaison between handlers and the Shoe/NBA/Schools?

Take notice UK fans, this post by TankedCat is how you should post here. I would like to tip my hat to him for his post. It's reasonable and rational yet in opposition to our board's group think. Well done, Tanked.
thanks..to be honest, I did put some effort into the wording to be diplomatic. I'm not always that way.

I won't argue that.

But if its all above board, I'm OK with it. Clearly I wasn't when Cal was at Memphis but I can say I was honest enough to admit I wanted him doing it at UK.

I just thought that when people are saying follow the money or whatever that Cal or WWW was paying money directly to players or handlers for the specific purpose of them signing with UK.

So I'd ask - does UNC have a moral/ethical objection to pursuing this kind of situation for themselves either with or creating their own version WWW as a liaison between handlers and the Shoe/NBA/Schools?

No chance it will happen at UNC. WWW hates UNC. Don't think there will be another WWW. It takes many years to establish the relationships that WWW has. Also, someone else without WWW smarts would probably leave a paper trail and screw up kickbacks for dozens of folks.

Sacha will find out just like Marcus Lee. Lee didn't hardly break a sweat in his jersey the first 2 years at UK. I'll always watch the Carolina games until I die but until something is changed the recruiting aspect has become dirty and a complete joke.

I don't remember any UNC fans having a problem with the "dirty and a complete joke" recruiting game back in the days when Roy was landing three 5/4 star PFs in the same class (Brandan Wright, Deon Thompson, and Alex Stepheson) in addition two other top ten 5 star players (Ellington and Lawson).

Bottom line, UK and now Duke are the "it" schools for big time recruits in high school at this time. Believe me, I know how it feels to be on the other end--I nearly lost my mind after following the recruitment of "life-long UK fan" Brandan Wright for months, just to see him sign on as UNC's third PF in the same class back when the Tar Heels were the "it" school.

Times have changed. And they'll change again. UK and Duke won't always have Cal/K.

http://www.fromthisseat.com/index.p...liam-worldwide-wes-wesley-cheating-the-system

Our Concluded Theory on how WorldWide Wes and his system works:
1) Wes uses his connections with Nike to scout and gain access to high school players as they compete in the Nike Elite Youth Basketball League every summer. Nike outfits these teams with uniforms, shoes and pays their travel expenses. As much money as Nike generates for the NCAA, players are somehow allowed to receive these "gifts" without penalty.

2) Wes then encourages high school players competing in the Nike EYBL to sign with Nike sponsored colleges such as Kentucky. With delivery, he gets a kickback of money from Nike under the table.

3) Once top recruits have signed with John Calipari and the University of Kentucky, Wes gets a kickback of money from either of them under the table.

4) With continued success on the basketball court, John Calipari is able to command a larger salary from the University. Being Calipari's agent, a higher salary for John means a higher salary for Wes. Sports agents work on commission and it's usually in the neighborhood of 3%-5%.

5) When college players have become standouts and are on the NBA's radar come draft time, Wes nudges some of those same players to sign with Leon Rose and other agents at Creative Artists Agency. As a result, Rose or the agency will give kickbacks to Wes for the referral.

6) Repeat the process.

The rumors I heard was there was a disagreement between Dennis Smith Sr & Eric Peartree. Bam sided with Peartree & choose UK. Also heard his mom is moving to Lexington.
Yep , and just like Duke did for Chris Duhons mother with Glaxo Pharmaceuticals , we are setting her up in a great high paying job in which she has ZERO qualifications . I've heard she is going to be a Vice President at IBM .

I don't normally post on this stuff and I fully expect to get slammed but its worth proceeding

but I do have two questions - if you're UNC and you're saying "follow the $$$" because you don't understand why Cal is landing these kids.

1. Do you really want a kid that takes money on your UNC team? Are we to believe that a kid on the take was a choir boy until the corruption of Cal convinced him to set aside his ethics and come play for UK? I'm not sure what to think about fans of a program who are questioning the integrity of a program landing a kid, but still would take the kid who obviously has questionable character. This seems to be a rinse, lather and repeat line of thinking for every kid (and not just from UNC) that signs with UK. I mean we're all guilty of questioning why a kid chose another school over ours - but we all seem to forget that if the kid is on the take and we ourselves are putting our school on the moral high ground, then there is a real conflict of interest in wanting this kid in the first place. If in fact the kid is on the take and Cal is doling out the money, you as a fan should be happy that you aren't saddled with the high risk proposition of a kid like this eventually putting your program in a compromised position. With a kid like that , if he doesn't end up at UK(given this scenario), its going to be a program like SMU, right?

No, and I don't recall a UNC fan saying that a kid taking $$$ to play was acceptable, for us or any one else. Are you seriously suggesting that a 18yr old kid can be influenced by an adult? You really have to ask that question?

IN your rince, lather, repeat, I would remind you of the way Kalipari was considered BEFORE he was considered to coach at Ky. Your fans hated him then only to love him now just like your fans loved Pitino before hating him now. And yet it is we that have the problem? LOL

2. And assuming that UK/UNC is in the running with a kid who has his hand out, if UNC were to land this kid, what does that say about your program? I know the assumption is that of course UNC would not offer a payment to a kid to come play - so we are to believe that every kid that UNC loses to UK is of questionable and corrupt character while UNC only lands the kids that are above board because they refuse to pay? Every kid?

You ask if UNC were in the running for a kid with his hand out? You mean like John Wall BEGGING Roy to offer him and yet still getting no offer? You Ky guys use this tactic of we recruit a kid early before the hand is out looking for $ (using the example this poster wanted to use) and even thou we back away because we do not want to engage in those backroom deals, you still want to say that we are recruiting him hard? When a coach enters in to a recruitment for a kid that coach does not know things like qualifying grade problems or backroom deal demands by the player or his street agent. As those things unfold, I strongly doubt you can point to any credible information that Roy has now or a history of back room deal making, associations with agents like WWW, or bringing in kids that have qualifying issues. You can like my saying that or not but you know full well those types of questions have long been associated with Kalipari.

it seems like a stretch.

Coming from a time in UK's history when we couldn't beat UNC for a recruit (Tubby/Gillispie...even Pitino to some extent) I know all too well what its like to see the other programs land kids and you ask what are they doing that we aren't. The reality was that many kids didn't want to play for Tubby, and UNC was still leveraging the era of Michael Jordan and the national appeal of UNC as a brand. UNC didn't have to cheat to get these kids because the bottom line was at the time UK wasn't selling a brand, style or coach that could compete with UNC. UK fans knew it and its why we had such a problem with Jordan interacting with the recruits. Once they heard about him wearing Carolina shorts under his Bulls uniform, the family atmosphere, etc, who is going to go to Kentucky to play ball line defense for Tubby Smith and his son Saul as starting PG?

In defense of Cal, at least its easy to sell a kid on 1 year and then go pro to make millions. And now we see that Coach K is jumping on that bandwagon approach as well.

The question is - has UNC adapted to this strategy or are they still in the mode of "what will you do for our program" instead of "what can our program do for you"?

Dean Smith, Roy Williams, Bill Gutheridge are all coached not just beloved by the majority of their former players but beloved because those men put the needs of the players over the needs of the program. Lets not get this twisted, not to long ago, in a time when the vast majority of kids stayed thru their senior seasons it was Dean and UNC that was leading in losses of its under grad players.

But I have to ask, you as a Ky fan, do YOU not prefer your program to be placed above any individual, player or coach? I prefer my team to be the focus rather than the individuals, I don't like that the NBA has gone from focus on team to focus on the individual.

I find your question of: "what will you do for our program" instead of "what can our program do for you"; I find that to be a flawed question because you ask me to chose between what pretty much every one of our head basketball coaches have been known for and that which our coaches being well known for giving the credit to their players and taking little if any for their own efforts.

Being an obviously biased UK fan, I tend to see the current issues with UNC recruiting if indeed there are any as you are ranked #1 as more of the former as opposed to the latter.

Its an adaption issue - one that has killed Indiana for more than a decade.

Yeah, there is the not so gradual creeping of programs now featuring players above team and that IMO does go hand in hand with this "one & done mindset" and this fan does not like it at all. I prefer the college game not join the downward spiril of the NBA. It strikes me that you as a Ky fan are not likely to agree with that. That is my opinion and I don't see that changing.

I don't remember any UNC fans having a problem with the "dirty and a complete joke" recruiting game back in the days when Roy was landing three 5/4 star PFs in the same class (Brandan Wright, Deon Thompson, and Alex Stepheson) in addition two other top ten 5 star players (Ellington and Lawson).

Bottom line, UK and now Duke are the "it" schools for big time recruits in high school at this time. Believe me, I know how it feels to be on the other end--I nearly lost my mind after following the recruitment of "life-long UK fan" Brandan Wright for months, just to see him sign on as UNC's third PF in the same class back when the Tar Heels were the "it" school.

Times have changed. And they'll change again. UK and Duke won't always have Cal/K.

That's a fair and pretty accurate post. But I disagree with the notion that it's about Cal and K being at UK and duke respectively. Them leaving might help our recruiting some. But it's more about Roy and his system that doesn't cater to freshman talent. And Roy is Roy. He's not going to change the way he does things. So top tier recruits - OADs - are never going to see UNC as an attractive option as long as Roy is still subscribing to the same philosophy. For UNC to get back to recruiting like we were 7-10 years ago, we would need kids to all of a sudden start thinking "I'd like to have a great college experience. Getting drafted can wait." We're such an impatient society. Kids today need instant gratification like never before. Evidence of this is everywhere but especially in high school basketball. Just 10 years ago, most players thought, "If I'm lucky, I could get drafted in 2 years but most likely I'll be there 3." Now every kid wants the quickest route to being paid. Kids don't respect and admire a true college experience. And that hurts UNC because a big selling point to recruits for us through the years is "the college experience". Chapel Hill is an awesome place. But if you're only there for 8 months, who cares how awesome your town is?

That's a fair and pretty accurate post. But I disagree with the notion that it's about Cal and K being at UK and duke respectively. Them leaving might help our recruiting some. But it's more about Roy and his system that doesn't cater to freshman talent. And Roy is Roy. He's not going to change the way he does things. So top tier recruits - OADs - are never going to see UNC as an attractive option as long as Roy is still subscribing to the same philosophy. For UNC to get back to recruiting like we were 7-10 years ago, we would need kids to all of a sudden start thinking "I'd like to have a great college experience. Getting drafted can wait." We're such an impatient society. Kids today need instant gratification like never before. Evidence of this is everywhere but especially in high school basketball. Just 10 years ago, most players thought, "If I'm lucky, I could get drafted in 2 years but most likely I'll be there 3." Now every kid wants the quickest route to being paid. Kids don't respect and admire a true college experience. And that hurts UNC because a big selling point to recruits for us through the years is "the college experience". Chapel Hill is an awesome place. But if you're only there for 8 months, who cares how awesome your town is?

That's true. Even those amazing UNC classes that led to '05 and '09 titles included players that ended up staying 3 years or more (except Wright and then Marvin). I guess my point was that this kind of stuff is cyclical, and the times will change again--I just used Cal/K leaving as a reference point for something that will alter the cycle.

Wall never signed with Nike. His 1st shoe deal was with Reebok & then he switched over to adidas.
WWW isn't loyal to Nike as he once was.

Regardless, Clifton was the agent for Wall's shoe deal and WWW probably got a kickback. The AAU coach I know has been around a long time.

JC, your act, on the other hand, is getting old. You used to post here frequently and in all sorts of threads and most of us enjoyed your contributions. But the last handful of posts I've read from you are some kind of a lecture to our posters. You wrongly accused several folks here of supporting sexual abuse against a child just because we were making fun of UK. Now you're here chastising some of us for calling Bam dirty. I don't know if Bam is dirty or not. But I know we don't need you attempting to be the voice of reason. People with extreme views should and will get called out by our own. I actually agree with much of what you said. It's better if one of our own says it. And if one of our own doesn't say it, then we don't and you should just deal with it. I believe your board is probably in more need of a hall monitor. I would encourage you to tackle that board and let us handle ours. If you would like to post here, I'm all for it. But leave the lectures at the door.
Wow GSD

I really don't know what to say, you caught me off guard with your comments about me.

I'll explain my thoughts and leave it at that.

In this thread I was just asking why all of a sudden Bam's worth or character has changed since he picked UK. I simply anyone's explanation. Because a lot of people here wanted this kid. There has even been a lot of posts here about Bam.

I wasn't disrespecting any poster. Or UNC. Just a simple debate. In which I've been doing here with everyone for years. I don't think my posting style has changed. I just don't post as often here because most threads doesn't pertain to UK or y'all are discussing matters which turn out to become inflammatory because other fans of other schools stir up ish.

Y'all told me a long time ago some threads here doesn't belong to other fanbases. I'll explain my side.

First off, about the child sex comment, one of your posters made a joke about Kentucky having sex with 12 year olds. I have a problem with that. Joke or no joke. Making jokes about having sex with 12 year olds is not funny in any way. Atleast not to me. And I explained my thoughts in that thread to Mike. So, I'm sorry that you have a problem with me having a problem with a "JOKE".

As far as not posting as much here, a lot of threads get high jacked by people who keep bringing up the NCAA investigation at UNC. And a lot of these threads get heated. I stay away from them. I'm not partaking in any discussion that involves bashing UNC or any posters here. Just like I don't involve myself in trashing other schools or posters here.

I'm a regular here, DI, and RR. And I enjoy talking to all my friends on all three boards. But I don't get involved with threads about UNC at DI or RR. And I don't get involved here or at RR with threads about Duke. If I have a problem with a comment I go to the source. I don't go somewhere else and complain.

So that leaves me very little options to talk on a thread. When I get the chance, I reply. And being our home and home has stopped until after next year that even makes less conversation. But we do play next year and we'll have plenty of conversation material then.

You and I go way back and really always enjoyed our back and forth. That's the reason I'm kinda shocked at your comments. If I offended you then I'm sorry. But I sure didn't mean to. Or anyone as far as that goes.

And it was Clifton not WWW I was referring to. Thanks to the poster that corrected me.

You're welcome. I respect the effort and maturity it took to write the above post. I will try to thicken my skin in the future, but peeps must realize that some topics are sensitive to Tar Heels and opposing fans will get very little leeway when discussing them!

I wanted Bam very badly until I heard that Roy was backing off and the rumors of handlers started to gain momentum. I hope he is of good character and has a great pro career and I'm happy he spurned the pack. BUT I hope he loses every game while in a UK uniform!

JC, I don't think anybody here has bad mouthed Bam. It was more about Peartree looking for handouts. I'm sure Bam is a great kid but when you see a poster talk about following the money it's about the people running that players recruitment. Some kids use their parents & their parents only but some kids have sleazy handlers & AAU coaches that are looking to make a buck off a kid.
My son is 11 & playing 11u 5th grade AAU ball. His team is ranked #1 in Ky & 24th in the nation. You wouldn't believe the calls & texts I've received about switching teams etc... I couldn't imagine the pressure on these kids from outsiders.

JC, I don't think anybody here has bad mouthed Bam. It was more about Peartree looking for handouts. I'm sure Bam is a great kid but when you see a poster talk about following the money it's about the people running that players recruitment. Some kids use their parents & their parents only but some kids have sleazy handlers & AAU coaches that are looking to make a buck off a kid.
My son is 11 & playing 11u 5th grade AAU ball. His team is ranked #1 in Ky & 24th in the nation. You wouldn't believe the calls & texts I've received about switching teams etc... I couldn't imagine the pressure on these kids from outsiders.
if your son plays in Paducah I would like to see him play, can you tell me when they play ??? I only live at the lake. I used to coach that age group. my sons were in it too.

http://www.fromthisseat.com/index.p...liam-worldwide-wes-wesley-cheating-the-system

A lot of the answers to what you ask are laid out in this article.

Like I said it is all done with handshakes and kickbacks. The GQ article is only the tip of the iceberg. NCAA is helpless.

Like I said it is all done with handshakes and kickbacks. The GQ article is only the tip of the iceberg. NCAA is helpless.

And it isn't going to change. Roy can either get on board (I wouldn't like that), or our fanbase can learn to live with less success (I'm ok with that).

Reactions: uncfan in ky
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT