ADVERTISEMENT

Bigs

Plus, while I don't have Gary's resources, when I read what he says, I sort of do.

Each of us forms opinions on the sources we encounter. This site, other discussion sites, ranking sites, and the rest.
We all put the information together differently. Which is what makes the conversation interesting.
[/QUOTE]
Exactly. When I read a thread, I generally agree with some posts, or parts of some posts, and disagree with others. Quite often someone will present a convincing argument that cause me to reconsider or change my mind on a subject. I've agreed with, and disagreed with, most of the posters here at one time or another, even if I don't deem it necessary to respond. That's the fun of message boards. If one remembers to take everything with a huge grain of salt, it's all good fun.

I never want proof unless a recruit is visiting or committing (then I simply ask for a link); everything else I just consider an opinion and add it to my knowledge base to decide for myself! I personally agree that ED seems slanted in his reporting, but who really cares!

This way I don't hijack good threads!

Reactions: Archer2
That's not my damned job. But hey, you want an example? That tweet on PJ. It's called propaganda.

You seeing that as propaganda is just a wee bit paranoid.

Seriously, the guy posts articles daily and tweets every hour and maybe 5% of that is dedicated to UK. If anything, looking back on the classes UK has had, that 5% number should be higher.

Come on gary, you know good & well Harvad as zero shot at this. This is a kid that is committing to play college basketball, he is committing to a school he will be at for what, 2 semesters? It will be a basketball decision, one that IMO has been made for a long while now and when it is exclusively about basketball it ain't gonna be about Harvard. Harvard is there to fluff up his resume, that he was offered and almost went to Harvard because they wanted him to badly, just before he eliminates them and tells everyone what they already know, he loves K-oolaid...
Dave, for the millionth time, yeah, you are likely correct. I wouldn't bet on him spurning dook, but let's set the record straight: You and I have had private conversations on this a while back. I told you then he had eliminated KY a good while ago (in fact they were never really a factor beyond his curiosity), and he flirted with UCal for a minute.

As I've been saying for months, he was a once heavy Carolina lean who got waylaid by Capel's negative recruiting during the NCAA junk and that's where we lost precious ground that we couldn't make up in the long run. Now, one would assume UGA and GaTech are on his list as a local courtesy, BUT as far as Harvard. WC reached out to Harvard, not vice versa. I can assure you his interest in Harvard is not just a lark.

THAT BEING SAID, I was told by someone in his HS program (I think I told you who, but I'm not gonna put it on the board) that over the past couple of weeks that yes, he has gotten more realistic about being a OAD, and was back to thinking more about the real basketball powers, which by then meant dook and (believe it or not) UNC (not uk). Alas again, too much damage had already been done to our chances so I didn't get my hopes up --- sadly that turn of events was good for dook. What I'm trying to tell you is, yes he is more than likely to go to dook as expected, BUT if he ends up choosing Harvard, just don't be shocked. It is a possibility, just not a very big one at this point.

You seeing that as propaganda is just a wee bit paranoid.

Seriously, the guy posts articles daily and tweets every hour and maybe 5% of that is dedicated to UK. If anything, looking back on the classes UK has had, that 5% number should be higher.
Or maybe you're a wee bit naive. Seriously, I'm done with this. Believe what you want.

Dave, for the millionth time, yeah, you are likely correct. I wouldn't bet on him spurning dook, but let's set the record straight: You and I have had private conversations on this a while back. I told you then he had eliminated KY a good while ago (in fact they were never really a factor beyond his curiosity), and he flirted with UCal for a minute.

As I've been saying for months, he was a once heavy Carolina lean who got waylaid by Capel's negative recruiting during the NCAA junk and that's where we lost precious ground that we couldn't make up in the long run. Now, one would assume UGA and GaTech are on his list as a local courtesy, BUT as far as Harvard. WC reached out to Harvard, not vice versa. I can assure you his interest in Harvard is not just a lark.

THAT BEING SAID, I was told by someone in his HS program (I think I told you who, but I'm not gonna put it on the board) that over the past couple of weeks that yes, he has gotten more realistic about being a OAD, and was back to thinking more about the real basketball powers, which by then meant dook and (believe it or not) UNC (not uk). Alas again, too much damage had already been done to our chances so I didn't get my hopes up --- sadly that turn of events was good for dook. What I'm trying to tell you is, yes he is more than likely to go to dook as expected, BUT if he ends up choosing Harvard, just don't be shocked. It is a possibility, just not a very big one at this point.

This could not be further from the truth.

Or maybe you're a wee bit naive. Seriously, I'm done with this. Believe what you want.

So you can't admit you were wrong when everyone is proving to you with facts that you were? Good luck sorting out that issue with yourself.

You're right, we're done.

No need to pick on Gary. It's not nice.

58489293.jpg

Reactions: coolwaterunc
You haven't proven a damned thing. Give it a rest.

Gary...you claimed that he recruits for UK through the media. Myself and others in this thread have went back and looked at his stuff and found that he does literally the exact opposite. You saying stuff vs. our finding stuff. Make sure to not go into the legal profession, you wouldn't be very good.

Give it up, you're wrong here. It's ok, no one is always right on the things they say.

Gary...you claimed that he recruits for UK through the media. Myself and others in this thread have went back and looked at his stuff and found that he does literally the exact opposite. You saying stuff vs. our finding stuff. Make sure to not go into the legal profession, you wouldn't be very good.

Give it up, you're wrong here. It's ok, no one is always right on the things they say.
He does not do the exact opposite. And do you think you'd see Clint tweeting something like he did on PJ?
Stop.

He does not do the exact opposite. And do you think you'd see Clint tweeting something like he did on PJ?
Stop.

He does do the opposite. We've shown it, you just talk about it. Again, don't be a litigator.

P.S. Clint said pretty much the exact same thing Evan said on the premi board earlier. Now you going to accuse Clint of recruiting for UK via the media?

Give it up Gary. Walk away from this one. Live to argue another day.

And now I'm exhausted with this topic so I won't be responding to anything else on it. Have fun ranting about how you think you're right.

Stop.

That wasn't a tweet by Evan. He was being interviewed and he was asked which 5-star recruit was most likely to sign with Kentucky. He didn't go out of his way to promote his opinion on Twitter or Scout.

Just my 2 cents:

A quick check shows he does a lot of interviews and works with UK homer sites, such as aseaofblue and KSR.

I don't know if Daniels is biased or not, but obviously, you won't find any incriminating evidence of him saying "Yeah, I'm totally helping UK in the media" if that's what you're looking for. But there are always connections that can at least make a sensible person ask a few questions.

It's like saying the N&O isn't biased because Dan Kane hasn't flat out said "Yeah, I totally hate UNC".

Anybody want to talk about say.....Bigs?

Why are we courting Mr. Manley if we think Huffman, Stokes, and Brooks are close to ours?

As I look at these guys, I think more and more how much I want Stokes to go with Huffman. Brooks and Manley are nice and I would like seeing them in Baby Blue too, but give me Huffman and Stokes to go with Mr. PJ and I'm a happy Tar Heel!

Anybody want to talk about say.....Bigs?

Why are we courting Mr. Manley if we think Huffman, Stokes, and Brooks are close to ours?

As I look at these guys, I think more and more how much I want Stokes to go with Huffman. Brooks and Manley are nice and I would like seeing them in Baby Blue too, but give me Huffman and Stokes to go with Mr. PJ and I'm a happy Tar Heel!
Thread restored, thank you.

Not sure what to think about PJ, my gut says he's not coming to UNC despite all the time Roy has invested in him. I do think we have a good chance of signing two of Huffman/Brooks/Stokes. I think Stokes may possess the most up side of the three. I think we may get a commitment or two shortly after LNWR.

I'd prefer Stokes and Brooks potentially with PJ, but Tennessee/Iowa St. seem to have good ground with Stokes so far.

Huffman is a decent plan B.

I'd prefer Stokes and Brooks potentially with PJ, but Tennessee/Iowa St. seem to have good ground with Stokes so far.

It will be interesting to see how Stokes' brother affects things. Could be a factor pushing TN. Hope they both see the benefits of "little" bro getting an opportunity at UNC.

It will be interesting to see how Stokes' brother affects things. Could be a factor pushing TN. Hope they both see the benefits of "little" bro getting an opportunity at UNC.
I read somewhere he is coming in or came in for the UT Official visit to help recruit him to UT.

When we start losing recruits to Iowa State.......I really don't know how to finish that sentence.

Reactions: Butterbutt44

I understand UT because he's from Tennessee, his brother played there and thinks highly of Barnes, and he could play in front of friends and family regularly. I'm afraid Isaiah's brother Jarnell's influence could have a deleterious effect on our chances. I don't quite understand ISU. If Hoiberg were still there, yes, but he's moved on to the NBA.

BTW, Hoiberg would be at the top of my list to replace Roy if he were available.

I understand UT because he's from Tennessee, his brother played there and thinks highly of Barnes, and he could play in front of friends and family regularly. I'm afraid Isaiah's brother Jarnell's influence could have a deleterious effect on our chances. I don't quite understand ISU. If Hoiberg were still there, yes, but he's moved on to the NBA.

BTW, Hoiberg would be at the top of my list to replace Roy if he were available.

ISU did pretty good for a guy who took over for his first year. Though it was with Hoiberg's players. Will have to see what becomes of them this year.

If Hoiberg keeps having seasons like Chicago had last year, he might be available sooner than later.

Thread restored, thank you.

Not sure what to think about PJ, my gut says he's not coming to UNC despite all the time Roy has invested in him.........
Maybe I'm too much of an optimist, but with PJ visiting this weekend I'd say the Heels still have a shot.

And yes, nice to get back on topic.

Plenty of recruits have cancelled before even taking the trip in the past, so it's nice we can at least get a visit nowadays.

He's far from a lock to any school, regardless of what the likes of Evan Daniels would want you to "smell". Personally, I think Texas is leading for him, but hopefully our visit throws a wrench at that.

This is the 1st year we don't have a hardwired reason not to get commitments like sanctions or playing time, so I'm a bit more optimistic about landing an Elite recruit like Knox or PJ.

Yep, we shared some things back channel, some we agreed on and some we didn't. Been a wile since we discussed it but I think I agreed with you that Carter had eliminated Ky near early summer because something soured him on Ky, maybe it was a visit that didn't answer what he was interested in. Early early on I agree, Carter liked us but Capel starting his deal in the kid's Jr season and killed us prior to the up dated NOA. When that updated NOA came, think I said it here and referred to it when we talked privately, a window of opportunity for us did re-open.

Where we didn't agree was my understanding was that window closed very quickly, to much damage had been done to us, you believed that window was stil cracked and I appreciate that belief but disagreed. I think we agreed to disagree on that one and moved on, we sure as heck didn't snipe back & forth on it! LOL

If Carter ends up at Harvard, not only would I be tickled to death but there would be zero way I could be anything but shocked! You know darn well you would be to! LOL

I was hoping the package deal with Carter and Trent would weaken the dukies position because it seems cater if much more wanting duke than Trent seems to, Trent seemed more open to Ky in my opinion. But Trent ain't going to Harvard and you & I both know Carter ain't either. Will be interesting to see if that rock solid package deal stays together, feels like some crumble to it to me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT