ADVERTISEMENT

Boxing thread

I'd love to bet on FM but at 1 to 5 ... no way. I'm gonna go UNDER 8.5 rounds instead.

Ya I was thinking the over made sense earlier (even put a small wager in on it) but now I'm starting to like the under better the more I think about it. Might make an under bet and just pay the juice to get out of the small wager.

I'd love to bet on FM but at 1 to 5 ... no way. I'm gonna go UNDER 8.5 rounds instead.

Ooooh,...I don't like that. There's a chance Floyd knocks him out (since they agreed to 8oz gloves) but I still think a decision (unanimous) will be the outcome.

Ooooh,...I don't like that. There's a chance Floyd knocks him out (since they agreed to 8oz gloves) but I still think a decision (unanimous) will be the outcome.
I guess I'm kinda betting on what I WANT to see happen, which is a KO by FM.

anyone interested in diaz/paul tomorrow night?…i’ll probably watch on one of those “sites”, but i can’t for the life me believe diaz can hurt or beat paul.

no more gazillion dollar snoozefests for me, thanks. If it's any good, I'll catch a replay.

Reactions: gteeitup
Ill watch it on a bootleg site.

Last weekends Crawford- Spence fight was a good fight but Crawford beat Spence ass for 8 rounds.

Reactions: gteeitup
that was disappointing, never again…it’s pretty clear the path paul is taking and mowing through old mma dudes isn’t giving boxing the respect it deserves.

like crawford/spence did as @chickenhunter said…that was great!!

Reactions: chickenhunter
Me and some other guys at the dojo took a few months of boxing years ago when my body could take it. That shyt is insane. The stamina required to be on your toes and moving and punching, taking body punches, dodging and avoiding getting your face caved in even just for three minutes is unreal. I played a lot of soccer and basketball and that’s nothing compared. They’re probably the highest tuned athletes there is. It’s so sad such hard work and skill is wasted on an organization(s) that have ruined the sport.

Me and some other guys at the dojo took a few months of boxing years ago when my body could take it. That shyt is insane. The stamina required to be on your toes and moving and punching, taking body punches, dodging and avoiding getting your face caved in even just for three minutes is unreal. I played a lot of soccer and basketball and that’s nothing compared. They’re probably the highest tuned athletes there is. It’s so sad such hard work and skill is wasted on an organization(s) that have ruined the sport.
you said it bro. There is NOTHING like boxing when it's done right. I watched it all my life starting literally at around five or six. There was a time when there was more top notch boxing than you could keep up with, but I tried. And I would rather watch a good featherweight bout with a gazillion punches flying faster than the eye could see, than a mediocre heavyweight one with two dumbos leaning all over each other....but I'd watch it all.

But then the good stuff just started going away and my interest went with it. Now it's like everything else, heavily overpromoted events that don't nearly live up to the hype....and paydays that are way too big and crooks that are way too crooked.. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Marvin Hagler, miss you man. RIP. Still pissed that you got robbed in the Leonard fight.

you said it bro. There is NOTHING like boxing when it's done right. I watched it all my life starting literally at around five or six. There was a time when there was more top notch boxing than you could keep up with, but I tried. And I would rather watch a good featherweight bout with a gazillion punches flying faster than the eye could see, than a mediocre heavyweight one with two dumbos leaning all over each other....but I'd watch it all.

But then the good stuff just started going away and my interest went with it. Now it's like everything else, heavily overpromoted events that don't nearly live up to the hype....and paydays that are way too big and crooks that are way too crooked.. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Marvin Hagler, miss you man. RIP. Still pissed that you got robbed in the Leonard fight.

I remember watching that fight. I didnt really like Leonard but expected a great fight. And it was. The biggest thing I took away from the fight is how Leonard did very little boxing in the first 2 minutes of each round and the last minute, he would fire of a flurry of shots to give the judges the appearance of him fighting like that the entire round. Of course, SRL was a media darling and Hagler couldnt care less about the media. The one judge had to have been high. Looking back at the video, he gave 10 of 12 rounds to Leonard. The other 2 judges were split and it SRL the win. I thought Hagler won.

Reactions: bluetoe
I remember watching that fight. I didnt really like Leonard but expected a great fight. And it was. The biggest thing I took away from the fight is how Leonard did very little boxing in the first 2 minutes of each round and the last minute, he would fire of a flurry of shots to give the judges the appearance of him fighting like that the entire round. Of course, SRL was a media darling and Hagler couldnt care less about the media. The one judge had to have been high. Looking back at the video, he gave 10 of 12 rounds to Leonard. The other 2 judges were split and it SRL the win. I thought Hagler won.
I went to some PPV venue to see the bout with a couple of friends...I think it was Memorial Auditorium in Raleigh. I remember it just as you do, except I didn't really notice that Leonard's late round flurries was a plan until it was pointed out after the fact. Then, watching replay with that in mind it was pretty obvious that he was gaming the judges.

As much as I liked Marvelous Marvin, I disliked showboat Leonard just as much. In fact, I couldn't stand him. I thought Hagler won as did my friends, and we were steamed at the decision. Leonard was either running or clinching most of the time, and in my book that doesn't earn you a win. In all the boxing I've seen, being the aggressor counted for something.

Hagler said the ref told him when the fight ended that he had won.

That judge was either a crook or he was just plain incompetent. If the latter, how on earth did he ever land such a bigtime match?

Fukcing Richard Steele was a dirty official. He was in Don King's pocket. Just about anytime King had a fighter in a championship fight, Steele was always the ref. If Kings fighter was facing a power puncher, Steele would allow a whole lot of clinching to minimize the chances of his fighter getting KO'd or getting F'd up. And vice versa.

Reactions: bluetoe
It should be Olympic type competition. Several Gyms from different locales put up a competitor in each class and matches are scored like in the Olympics. Ind champs in each division and an overall winning gym is crowned.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT