can't reform chris

tarheel0910

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2011
Earth
tumblr_m0saevILKE1qm9rypo1_1280.jpg

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
TIL that Chris Pratt was born in Virginia and Minnesota. How that happens I'm not sure, but I feel for the mom if true. Then I thought maybe there's a town in Minnesota called Virginia, so I googled it. No town, but I found that there's a movie called 'Virginia Minnesota'. Curiously, Chris Pratt is not in it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Heelicious
TIL that Chris Pratt was born in Virginia and Minnesota. How that happens I'm not sure, but I feel for the mom if true. Then I thought maybe there's a town in Minnesota called Virginia, so I googled it. No town, but I found that there's a movie called 'Virginia Minnesota'. Curiously, Chris Pratt is not in it.
@bluetoe there is actually a Virginia, Minnesota. In the Iron Range in Northern Minnesota. Very rural, very poor. Lots of issues with drinking, depression, etc. Think rural Kentucky but with worse weather.

I have some friends from that area of Minnesota. Its a great place to be FROM. Actually the land / forest there is pretty, and that area is sort of the world capital for the sport of curling. They have national championships there, and I think a lot of the US Olympic curling team was from that area.

Reactions: bluetoe
@bluetoe there is actually a Virginia, Minnesota. In the Iron Range in Northern Minnesota. Very rural, very poor. Lots of issues with drinking, depression, etc. Think rural Kentucky but with worse weather.

I have some friends from that area of Minnesota. Its a great place to be FROM. Actually the land / forest there is pretty, and that area is sort of the world capital for the sport of curling. They have national championships there, and I think a lot of the US Olympic curling team was from that area.
so I guess the town of Virginia, Minn. is even more obscure than the movie, reason why google whiffed on it. You would think that the cornerstone of American curling would have more notoriety than that. But then Chris Pratt does look like he's from somewhere that it's good to be from.

ETA; I guess it makes sense that the frozen, depressed area you describe might become a hub of sliding rocks on ice to hit other rocks. I always wanted to do that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Heelicious
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT