ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina @ Illinois game thread

Illinois offensive lineman Spencer picks up a fumble from his QB and bulls his way to a first down. TV timeout so he can take some oxygen...

Hood goes for 52 yards and scores and the MOOSE IS ON THE LOOSE...and as Dandy Don used to say " turn out the lights, the party is over". The sellout crowd is now silent. Oh yes the score 45-24

Reactions: Raising Heel
33-26 run to pass

not that it matters now, but we all know what we do best.

if anyone tells you we threw to setup the pass, they are fos.

Reactions: uncboy10
Yes Illinois, Carolina is not Murray State...final 48-23 in one ugly played game. The officials arms must be tired because they threw so many flags..

My players of the game: Naz Jones and TJ Logan. A tip of the cap to a few others: Trubisky, Hood, Smith, Holcomb. But Jones and Logan set the pace for the defense and offense, IMO.

My players of the game: Naz Jones and TJ Logan. A tip of the cap to a few others: Trubisky, Hood, Smith, Holcomb. But Jones and Logan set the pace for the defense and offense, IMO.
Agreed on the POG, both had very good games. I thought Smith, Holcomb, and Bart were all pretty solid defensively. No doubt in my mind that Holcomb is a player, not just a guy who has to play because we don't have any other viable options as has been speculated here.

The crowd was very loud, Lovey has them fired up about football again. Mitch and the offensive line did a good job overcoming the crowd noise for the most part. And Mitch was effective with his feet as well as his arm, and his ball integrity was impeccable. I remember only one pass where he threw into double coverage. Not only does he possess very good arm strength and a quick release, he is very accurate, especially on the short to intermediate passes.

I'd love to see us get our TE's more involved. We have a total of 3 completions to our TE's this year, 2 to Tucker and one to Bargas which doesn't count because he caught a deflected pass. The good news is that both look like promising Freshmen. But "Frittsy", as he's called, has been MIA so far and he looks like he could be great. Fritz has zero catches after two games. I thought he would be one of Mitch's primary targets this year. Is he hurt?

Solid win in a hostile environment. Good confidence booster for Mitch.

Last edited:
Agreed on the POG, both had very good games. I thought Smith, Holcomb, and Bart were all pretty solid defensively. No doubt in my mind that Holcomb is a player, not just a guy who has to play because we don't have any other viable options as has been speculated here.

The crowd was very loud, Lovey has them fired up about football again. Mitch and the offensive line did a good job overcoming the crowd noise for the most part. And Mitch was effective with his feet as well as his arm, and his ball integrity was impeccable. I remember only one pass where he threw into double coverage. Not only does he possess very good arm strength and a quick release, he is very accurate, especially on the short to intermediate passes.

I'd love to see us get our TE's more involved. We have a total of 3 completions to our TE's this year, 2 to Tucker and one to Bargas which doesn't count because he caught a deflected pass. The good news is that both look like promising Freshmen. But "Frittsy", as he's called, has been MIA so far and he looks like he could be great. Fritz has zero catches after two games. I thought he would be one of Mitch's primary targets this year. Is he hurt?

Solid win in a hostile environment. Good confidence booster for Mitch.
Fritts was injured early in last week's game. I don't think he played yesterday but i didn't see game so not sure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT