ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina vs Iowa, Part 2

Disappointing year by the coaching staff. There's enough talent on this team to easily make the super regional.

Disagree some. You’re right on coaching disappointment but this team has mediocre ACC talent. They played hard but just didn’t have it.

Reactions: roadmaster
Flashes but not a lot of meat on the bone. Lots of disappointment for many teams.

Iowa is playing again as we speak. It will be interesting to see how they perform.

Disagree some. You’re right on coaching disappointment but this team has mediocre ACC talent. They played hard but just didn’t have it.
The core of this team was a national seed last year and won the ACC tournament. At worst the talent was good enough to get close to those results.

We showed flashes of greatness and we’re very strong 1-9 and weekend starters IMO but they never were hit at the same time…. For example if Cook, Horvath and Stokley were going well then Jackson, Vance and Frick seemed to struggle and vice versa and if Carlson pitched well one weekend then Bovair and Knapp weren’t as good as they showed!!

I counted 9 1 run losses and there were probably 5-10 more that were less then 3 runs so we were in most of the games just kept missing a beat somewhere… But one thing I will say is this group of guys never ever gave up no matter the situation!!!

Admittedly I only saw games in the ACCT and NCAA regional. Other than Horvath and Frick I saw no real good college hitters on this team. Pitching was mediocre too. In general, there was not enough talent to overcome the loss on one of college baseball's best players. Hoping no long term back issues for Honeycutt.

In the first game if the Iowa right fielder had not slowed our line drive and, if it rolled to the wall, we might still be competing.

John what is the makeup of the team going into next season, as many have stated we lack hitters and pitching could use a boost? Do we lose any players, and do we have any incoming prospects that the coaches are high on?

John what is the makeup of the team going into next season, as many have stated we lack hitters and pitching could use a boost? Do we lose any players, and do we have any incoming prospects that the coaches are high on?
Osuna, Alvarez, Grintz are listed as Juniors but took part in Senior Day activities… Pry, Sandy and Eaise are out of eligibility I believe(Eaise obviously was the biggest contributor of those 3)… I would say Horvath will definitely get drafted and Frick, Vandebrake along with possibly the weekend rotation of Carlson, Knapp and Bovair have the possibility of getting drafted and would have a decision to make.

Honestly haven’t had a chance to look into the incoming freshman class and who might get drafted out of that group…

Think UNC would definitely be looking for pitching as well as possibly a C and maybe another bat or 2 in the portal

Reactions: JohnGwaltney
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT