ADVERTISEMENT

Selection Sunday

I live in Red Bay which is about two hours north of there. The north west corner. And lol yes it’s hot down here man. I grew up in western Nc but moved here for a job. I love it all except sports. I thought I knew a little about football til I moved here. But likewise they think they know basketball lol. Congrats on your son’s accomplishments good law school from what I gather.
I'm from Western NC (Valdez - Hickory is closest anyone's heard of). What parts are you from?

I still cannot figure out how the committee gives a two seed a geographical home advantage over a one seed. I understand they use some distance for the cut-off but when you have ONE west coast team among top 8 seeds it should not be that difficult to send them to other region. I do think Az is weakest 2 seed (depending on health of Marquette guard) so I'm okay with opponent just thought they tried to give 1 seeds a break as far as the geography was concerned.

I don’t want any of Alabama for two reasons. I live here and get tired of hearing about bama and auburn. Don’t want to hear it from either of the fan bases because they don’t have anything to show for their basketball programs. Fact.
Secondly, they can be a very hot team from three and fill it up for sure. I can see us trying to keep up and losing our game plan quick. I know we can beat them just don’t want to have to.
Alabama is the only team that scares me. they have size to throw at Bacot. The starting 5 all are over 80% for FT's, and they have their own RJ Davis. They can score in bunches and bunches and if they get HOT, we aint stopping them. They give up a lot of points which is nice but their guards are bigger and shoot it better. Cadeau is not a threat to hit a 3 ever. He would be better shooting from half-court. Nobody would expect him to make it then and if he did it would be fun to watch. their guards can fill it up. To win that game (we have to beat either MSU team first I know) against Alabama... We cant have bacot throwing crap at the rim hoping for a foul. We cant have ingram turning the ball over like a fat kid likes cake. We need to hit 45% of our 3's to stay ahead. Cormac has to be consistent from 3 or just goto basket. The hustle we showed against Florida St needs to be part of every timeout conversation. I do think we will win, but I am sick of the ugly 1st half play. I want us to step on some throats and steal some souls in the first half of these games. NC State shot stupid against us and we just seemed like .... "HOE-Did-DO...we will figure it out later" and there just seemed to be a lack of intensity and that "Later" never happened.

Last edited:
Alabama is the only team that scares me. they have size to throw at Bacot. The starting 5 all are over 80% for FT's, and they have their own RJ Davis. They can score in bunches and bunches and if they get HOT, we aint stopping them. They give up a lot of points which is nice but their guards are bigger and shoot it better. Cadeau is not a threat to hit a 3 ever. He would be better shooting from half-court. Nobody would expect him to make it then and if he did it would be fun to watch. their guards can fill it up. To win that game (we have to beat either MSU team first I know) against Alabama... We cant have bacot throwing crap at the rim hoping for a foul. We cant have ingram turning the ball over like a fat kid likes cake. We need to hit 45% of our 3's to stay ahead. Cormac has to be consistent from 3 or just goto basket. The hustle we showed against Florida St needs to be part of every timeout conversation. I do think we will win, but I am sick of the ugly 1st half play. I want us to step on some throats and steal some souls in the first half of these games. NC State shot stupid against us and we just seemed like .... "HOE-Did-DO...we will figure it out later" and there just seemed to be a lack of intensity and that "Later" never happened.
Personally I don't think Bama gets by CofC.
80% from the foul line only comes onto play if you get there. Bama shoots an obnoxious amount of 3's and Carolina plays Defense without fouling much.
They have some positional height, but their best player Sears is only 6'1" maybe.
Bama can be bullied inside, their losses this year came at the hands of teams that punished them in transition and the paint.
I would much rather play Bama than St Mary's. That is the team that worries me.

They have some size but they really don’t play play big. That’s where we can dominate.

Reactions: tarwhiz
Man seems CBS is all bent outta shape over the Heels getting a one seed. Bless their hearts.
Which is ridiculous. Iowa State was a 3 seed entering the weekend. They can't jump up to a 1 seed just by winning their conference tournament. Their OOC schedule hurt them.

Ahh... seems like old times, like when they basically annointed the fab 5 over us in 93...

Seth Davis picked Florida to beat us when the bracket was revealed (Florida never made it far enough to play us.)

Then he picked Nova to beat us before the sweet sixteen game, Wisconsin to beat us before the elite eight, Michigan State to beat us before the Final Four, and Illinois to beat us before the title game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT