ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina vs Pitt Gamethread

I just want an oline that can block and a DB that can cover someone
We've had unusual and crippling injuries in the secondary this year, but the OL has been very thin from the beginning. Polino's is the only long OL injury. That means that next year we should have a deep secondary and still have a thin OL that could be weaker than this one (because we lose Heck and Polino).

I keep wondering if Howell transfers to another school. It's gotta be frustrating to lose like this every week

We've had unusual and crippling injuries in the secondary this year, but the OL has been very thin from the beginning. Polino's is the only long OL injury. That means that next year we should have a deep secondary and still have a thin OL that could be weaker than this one (because we lose Heck and Polino).

I’m confused about why Barnes isn’t getting some PT or even Ross. They were highly recruited

Incompetent football program from top to bottom. Bateman blitzing on 3rd and 14 to Longo with the same BS play calls. Losers lose and we've perfected it.

No problem with the blitz we can’t give him all day to throw against our DBs. Gotta take a chance.

I'm almost out of "next year's"

75 on our O line was pathetic. He didn’t block a soul all night. Our defensive backs were atrocious.

Also Longo has to go. It’s amazing how productive we can be offensively in spots but the minute we have to make an adjustment, we fall flat on our face. Longo’s play calling is down right pathetic at times.

Reactions: Archer2
Don’t let this one get you down. No point being short sighted at this point. We all knew this hear would be rough. There was never any question about it being a rebuilding year. This time has proven it has grit. It’s got a freshman QB who will shatter every UNC passing record by the time he leaves. Tons of talent at RB and some pretty good receivers. Sure they’ve had some drops but they’ve also made some outstanding plays. The defensive recruiting class is loaded. This year was the reload. Next year the team could realistically win 8-10 games and make the ACCCG. Two years from now I think we win 10+ games and I think we’re a playoff contender in Sam’s senior year.

First you lose close. Then you win close. Then you win big.

The 3rd and 14 conversion in OT was killer. We need more studs on defense. They’re coming. Secondary badly depleted through injuries. I agree about 75 on OL. Didn’t get a hand an anyone on the sack in OT.

I’m optimistic about next year and beyond. I doubt we go bowling this year.

I hate the idea of bowl eligibility most likely being determined by the moo game. That game is already stressful enough.

Incompetent football program from top to bottom. Bateman blitzing on 3rd and 14 to Longo with the same BS play calls. Losers lose and we've perfected it.

The offense actually put up good numbers against a top-25 defense.

We have a thin OL and our secondary is depleted.

Marginal improvement and this is an 8-10 win team next season.

We do really need a bowl this year, though.

The talent is coming soon but it's still gonna be a few years until they are rock solid.
Two years from now, our defense will be a rock.

I expect to see improvements next year and in two years no excuses
I agree.

Not sure if I should blame Bateman, Bly or just admit there’s no talent in the Defensive backfield
Our defensive backs are just bad. We need an upgrade in talent and we need to get healthy.

This is fedora like Defense with all the stupid ass penalties
Haven’t had nearly as many penalties this year. We did have too many last night. We’re getting there Mark, hang in there buddy.

So tired of bad football and that's exactly the product we're putting on the field. I couldn't care less about some BS bowl game. Just let it end. Onto 2020.
Quitter

Receivers have WD-40 on their hands
They have all year long. They make great catches but miss routine ones. Mind boggling.

Sam has got to learn to throw it away when the play is a bust!
My only real complaint with Sam.

Somebody call the Waaaahmbulance.

I keep wondering if Howell transfers to another school. It's gotta be frustrating to lose like this every week
No freakin’ way. Just demonstrates how close we are. We could easily be 7-3 or even 8-2. Hang in there buddy.

Don’t let this one get you down. No point being short sighted at this point. We all knew this hear would be rough. There was never any question about it being a rebuilding year. This time has proven it has grit. It’s got a freshman QB who will shatter every UNC passing record by the time he leaves. Tons of talent at RB and some pretty good receivers. Sure they’ve had some drops but they’ve also made some outstanding plays. The defensive recruiting class is loaded. This year was the reload. Next year the team could realistically win 8-10 games and make the ACCCG. Two years from now I think we win 10+ games and I think we’re a playoff contender in Sam’s senior year.

First you lose close. Then you win close. Then you win big.
Great post.

I hate the idea of bowl eligibility most likely being determined by the moo game. That game is already stressful enough.
We’re going to cream them.

Last edited:
Reactions: TarHeelMark

He won't because his family are life long Heels Fans, I live in the same Town Indian Trail... This is his dream actually, he played for a high school that he ran for his life and succeeded .. That same school is getting beat by 30 every friday after he has left.. He may be one of the best players in the nation, one day when he plays for a good coach and teammates at his level it will be on for sure... That may have to wait for the NFL to get what he needs, the Coaching he has now is close to bottom feeders and he looks like a stud...

Count your Lucky Stars Heels have Howell, I see nothing of an upgrade on game time coaching, Nothing on better discipline , nothing on any player upgrading from last year, But I do see a NFL QB playing with them so now your in every game.. Fedora could be the coach right now or Bunting Or Santa Clause with this talent given 6-6 was always the goal ...

Count your Lucky Stars Heels have Howell, I see nothing of an upgrade on game time coaching, Nothing on better discipline , nothing on any player upgrading from last year, But I do see a NFL QB playing with them so now your in every game.. Fedora could be the coach right now or Bunting Or Santa Clause with this talent given 6-6 was always the goal ...
Thanks. I needed a good laugh today and that was hilarious.

I’m confused about why Barnes isn’t getting some PT or even Ross. They were highly recruited
Barnes was higher rated as a recruit, but Ross may have started every game last year, and he was no worse than what we've seen at LG this year. That experience alone should have meant that he was in the mix this year, able to play off the bench if not able to keep a starting job.

As we have had no depth on the OL, what is wrong with Ross? Injury or illness? Does he plan to transfer? Does Searles not want to use him? if so, why?

OL is going to be a major issue for next year. If Ross and Barnes and another guy or two are not developed, we may see the same things we've been seeing.

He won't because his family are life long Heels Fans, I live in the same Town Indian Trail... This is his dream actually, he played for a high school that he ran for his life and succeeded .. That same school is getting beat by 30 every friday after he has left.. He may be one of the best players in the nation, one day when he plays for a good coach and teammates at his level it will be on for sure... That may have to wait for the NFL to get what he needs, the Coaching he has now is close to bottom feeders and he looks like a stud...
His family isn't playing football. He is. He was already going to FSU before he came to UNC. If it was his dream, then I'm not sure why he would offer a verbal to FSU. Apparently, Mack Brown is the reason he came to UNC. Hopefully, that will keep him there. You can't choose where you go to public high school. You can choose what college you attend. If he can have a better college career, showcasing his talents, somewhere else, it's entirely possible he would go there.

My original post about the concern of his transferring was a steaming hot-take after experiencing yet another arduous 4 hour long game that goes to OT only to lose in OT.

Thanks. I needed a good laugh today and that was hilarious.
I don't think his assessment is way off-the-mark. Howell is, by far, the best thing UNC has going for them. He is on a totally different level than his teammates. If he were playing for a team that had equal talent at the other positions? They'd be unstoppable. Imagine if Howell was at Clemson! I live in Clemson and I know at least a half-dozen Clemson worshipers who have perfunctorily (I love that word) said "I'd take Howell over Trevor." They might be offering that nugget to me because they know my allegiance is to UNC. Without Sam, UNC is down there with Georgia Tech and Syracuse.

Reactions: Spaceytoyz
season could be two or three games better if the team could pressure the passer and get turnovers...this team still has no playmakers that can turn a game...new scheme, size, fit, whatever the case, it’s glaring...that qb last night could do whatever he wanted, the wake qb for whatever reason slow played that zone play waaaay too much and we couldn’t hurry it, and i still don’t know how tf we lost to that vatech qb.

from the looks of the class coming in, it appears they also believe this.

Reactions: strummingram
Sam missed several wide-open receivers, too.

And, as @gteeitup mentioned, and everyone knows, opposing QB's just have career games against UNC's defense. It has become a trademark and will be difficult to turn around.

I was happy to see that 4th quarter statistic turn around from last year. Hopefully, the other 3 quarters will get filled-in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT