ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina vs Pitt Gamethread

I don't think his assessment is way off-the-mark. Howell is, by far, the best thing UNC has going for them. He is on a totally different level than his teammates. If he were playing for a team that had equal talent at the other positions? They'd be unstoppable. Imagine if Howell was at Clemson! I live in Clemson and I know at least a half-dozen Clemson worshipers who have perfunctorily (I love that word) said "I'd take Howell over Trevor." They might be offering that nugget to me because they know my allegiance is to UNC. Without Sam, UNC is down there with Georgia Tech and Syracuse.

Double Bingo

re-watching 4th qtr...they held fox and taylor a lot.

and the roughing on cater was bs.

frustrating to watch a team play with that much effort not get rewarded...fedora’s teams quit already, i don’t see these guys doing that...just need more elite players.

eta: a bowl game would be huge for this program and the seniors

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
Barnes was higher rated as a recruit, but Ross may have started every game last year, and he was no worse than what we've seen at LG this year. That experience alone should have meant that he was in the mix this year, able to play off the bench if not able to keep a starting job.

As we have had no depth on the OL, what is wrong with Ross? Injury or illness? Does he plan to transfer? Does Searles not want to use him? if so, why?

OL is going to be a major issue for next year. If Ross and Barnes and another guy or two are not developed, we may see the same things we've been seeing.

So we need to blame the oline coach?

re-watching 4th qtr...they held fox and taylor a lot.

and the roughing on cater was bs.

frustrating to watch a team play with that much effort not get rewarded...fedora’s teams quit already, i don’t see these guys doing that...just need more elite players.

eta: a bowl game would be huge for this program and the seniors

Was quite a few holding calls missed

Two years from now, our defense will be a rock.

I agree.

Our defensive backs are just bad. We need an upgrade in talent and we need to get healthy.

Haven’t had nearly as many penalties this year. We did have too many last night. We’re getting there Mark, hang in there buddy.

Quitter

They have all year long. They make great catches but miss routine ones. Mind boggling.

My only real complaint with Sam.

Somebody call the Waaaahmbulance.

No freakin’ way. Just demonstrates how close we are. We could easily be 7-3 or even 8-2. Hang in there buddy.

Great post.

We’re going to cream them.

In regards to the DBs we should be better next year with the injured guys getting healthy and the transfers becoming eligible should be an immediate upgrade. Now just coach them up right and we will be ok.

As for the oline I’m still worried about that (see others posts).

Per a report I saw it says that neither billy Ross or nick Polino played on the oline....that can’t be right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT