ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina vs UVA gamethread

Looks like Atkins has the leg for anything inside of 60. Just pushed it a little too far wide

This is how you lose a game that shouldn't be close:

1. Give up 3rd and 6+ four separate times to extend drives leading to TDs including one in the redzone.

2. Average 9.8 yds per carry, but instead of punching it in and taking a comfortable lead, get cute and turn it over.

That's scheme/in-game adjustments/play calling.

Reactions: jbradsh1
I'm starting to think Bateman's D numbers looked so good at Army, since he had an offense that controlled the ball for 40 minutes a game.

We are swiss cheese stinky
I dunno what their problems are, but the coordinators suck.

There is NO EXCUSE for the defense being so awful.

Even if there are "adjustments", this game will be a loss in my mind.

They are obviously not any kind of contender team. You're at home, and you're dominating. And, then... just completely lose ALL composure and wind-up losing the first half by 4 points. And, Brown keeps showing that he can't beat the same teams he lost to 30 years ago.

I'm starting to think Bateman's D numbers looked so good at Army, since he had an offense that controlled the ball for 40 minutes a game.

We are swiss cheese stinky
i remember another coach saying the same thing under fedora.

you know good and well d coordinators hate this crap…you almost have to be elite in two-deep across the board…bateman is probably like, “let’s burn time up 17”.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
We keep hearing "just see what he can do with some high level talent". Well, he's got some now, and we look as bad as the Fed defenses looked.
Yeah, and Storm Duck is playing again tonight. They can't stop anything. There was a time when Brown's teams always had good, if not great, defenses. It still amazes me how many points UVA was getting in this game.

Even if there are "adjustments", this game will be a loss in my mind.

They are obviously not any kind of contender team. You're at home, and you're dominating. And, then... just completely lose ALL composure and wind-up losing the first half by 4 points. And, Brown keeps showing that he can't beat the same teams he lost to 30 years ago.

Brown needs to go to Longo and ask him point blank - WHY ARE WE RUNNING A SLOW DEVELOPING POP PLAY IN THE REDZONE WHEN WE'RE AVERAGING A FIRST DOWN ON THE GROUND? SERIOUSLY. JUST BLEED THE CLOCK AND SCORE. Too hard, I guess.

and still won’t pressure armstrong…either by choice or because of talent.

if our corners are going to continue to play off because they’re afraid to get beat deep, then at least send an extra dude…it’s glaring how much we miss surratt.

Brown needs to go to Longo and ask him point blank - WHY ARE WE RUNNING A SLOW DEVELOPING POP PLAY IN THE REDZONE WHEN WE'RE AVERAGING A FIRST DOWN ON THE GROUND? SERIOUSLY. JUST BLEED THE CLOCK AND SCORE. Too hard, I guess.
Well, aside from the INT, the offense, and that moronic decision to kick a 54 yard FG, has been doing its part. However, the two mistakes they did make- the INT and that moronic decision to kick a 54 yd FG- is precisely what allowed UVA to push the weak-ass defense around and do what they wanted.

Both the coordinators suck! lol

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT