ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina vs Va Tech Gamethread

Seems like the bigger the moment gets, the worse Longo’s play calling is.

This. If you need a winning play call from Longo he takes a dump down his leg every single time. It’s a guarantee he’s going to call the worst imaginable play that has no prayer to work.

Reactions: ticket2ride04
The refs? Really?
Do you know the play? Walston was open about a dozen yards over the LOS, the LB a full step behind him., no DB within 15 yards. We were just across midfield. The pass on the money where Walston would have been if the LB had not grabbed his jersey and held him back. Walston might have scored, so open was the middle of the field.

We lost in OT. A TD or FG on that possession, and we win.

It was the most obvious non-called Hold on receiver/PI I've seen in years.

Had we lined up to kick it inside the 20 the first time we kept them from scoring in OT, instead of trying to run it again, we’d have won. Of course, had we called a TO before the delay of game penalty, we’d have won it.

it is what it is. We knew coming into Lane stadium we’d be in for a dog fight and we got it. Damn good football game by both teams and it’s a shame we had to lose, but you have to give VT credit, they did what they had to do to win.

Reactions: ohio tarheels
I question the first two point conversion try with it being pretty much the same play we ran against Miami I believe it was. Do they not realize people do have access to video recorders?

Do you know the play? Walston was open about a dozen yards over the LOS, the LB a full step behind him., no DB within 15 yards. We were just across midfield. The pass on the money where Walston would have been if the LB had not grabbed his jersey and held him back. Walston might have scored, so open was the middle of the field.

We lost in OT. A TD or FG on that possession, and we win.

It was the most obvious non-called Hold on receiver/PI I've seen in years.
That missed call did NOT cost UNC the game, dude.

UNC cost themselves the game. UNC is a losing football program, and losers lose. That's been the story for over 20 years now. That was a pathetic game even if they had won.

Tired of excuses and bad coaching. Today's loss is inexcusable and it's on the coaching staff. This has been the theme for well over a decade.

False start at the 8 yard line when we were driving after a TO and had a chance to go up 14-0.

No timeouts to give us an extra drive before the half.

Completely failing to adjust to a one dimensional offense and slow down the QB run.

No timeouts with 1:30 left in the game to save 40 seconds and give us enough time to drive for a FG.

Giving up an easy TD pass while also holding the receiver in OT.

A dumb holding penalty when we had the ball around the ten yard line for a chip shot FG.

Letting the play clock expire in OT before the FG attempt.

Running a play on the 2 point conversion that we had already shown in a previous game this year.

Holding on to the football with no chance of running into the end zone, when there's nothing to lose by putting it up for grabs.

I guess there's going to be some long and brutal film sessions tomorrow. It took all of those mistakes for us to lose in OT6.

Had we lined up to kick it inside the 20 the first time we kept them from scoring in OT, instead of trying to run it again, we’d have won. Of course, had we called a TO before the delay of game penalty, we’d have won it.

it is what it is. We knew coming into Lane stadium we’d be in for a dog fight and we got it. Damn good football game by both teams and it’s a shame we had to lose, but you have to give VT credit, they did what they had to do to win.

Can’t say that I can give vt credit at all. We did what we needed to do to lose the game with some coaching mistakes and some mistakes by the players. We had multiple chances to win but we wet the bed (again).

In the end through all of the mistakes which sports is full of, you ask a kicker to kick a 35 yard kick and you win... He took his helmet off during the timeout so I know for sure he was really feeling it, the Kick was no good and he had his moment denied ...

Can’t say that I can give vt credit at all. We did what we needed to do to lose the game with some coaching mistakes and some mistakes by the players. We had multiple chances to win but we wet the bed (again).
I give VT credit for sure! Look at what their 3rd string QB did to that swiss cheese defense!!! I finally saw some video of the game. It was embarrassing! Every play, the same guy running all over your defense.

To name a few ways we gave it away.....

False start at the 8 yard line when we were driving after a TO and had a chance to go up 14-0.

No timeouts to give us an extra drive before the half.

Completely failing to adjust to a one dimensional offense and slow down the QB run.

No timeouts with 1:30 left in the game to save 40 seconds and give us enough time to drive for a FG.

Giving up an easy TD pass while also holding the receiver in OT.

A dumb holding penalty when we had the ball around the ten yard line for a chip shot FG.

Letting the play clock expire in OT before the FG attempt.

Running a play on the 2 point conversion that we had already shown in a previous game this year.

Holding on to the football with no chance of running into the end zone, when there's nothing to lose by putting it up for grabs.

I guess there's going to be some long and brutal film sessions tomorrow. It took all of those mistakes for us to lose in OT6.

Both Kickers had a chance and flopped, both Kickers flopped in the south Carolina Georgia game... Basically kickers at this level or weak minded and you do not want them to be your last resort...

I am sure the Coordinators didn't expect to see 3 different style QB's so that was tough.. Also Remember there is very little talent on the defensive side of the ball and they made just enough stops to give a kicker a basic chip shot...

I believe Sam could’ve hit beau for the first two point try and win but he never tried. Which I don’t understand we have nothing to lose there.

I am sure the Coordinators didn't expect to see 3 different style QB's so that was tough.. Also Remember there is very little talent on the defensive side of the ball and they made just enough stops to give a kicker a basic chip shot...

Technically two styles of qb play. Hooker and Patterson both run a lot.

The Leading Tackler is a QB so hopefully that will change with better talent brought in... It was brutal to watch because they do not know how to win at this point and you can tell... I mean most of these guys have around a 5-20 record give or take a game or too .. Then you throw in the coaching blunders and it makes it extra difficult..

I believe Sam could’ve hit beau for the first two point try and win but he never tried. Which I don’t understand we have nothing to lose there.

I have watched him several times in high school since I live in the same town, his knock going in to me is he is calculated and hardly ever makes a bad throw.. well here's the problem, you can throw a bad pass there and it doesn't matter, not only does it not matter but basically you have too..

I have watched him several times in high school since I live in the same town, his knock going in to me is he is calculated and hardly ever makes a bad throw.. well here's the problem, you can throw a bad pass there and it doesn't matter, not only does it not matter but basically you have too..

Ding ding we have a winner. Take the chance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT