ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina vs VT gamethread

I'm ready. A little nervous about the offense only because we lost so much. But I expect a win.

I'm interested to see if Ty Chandler is as good as advertised. Lots of young guys at WR who are supposed to be really good, so ya gotta think at least one or two of them will pan out.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
my kid is a freshman at tech…he’s already talking s, so it’s not too early for me.

this hurricane doesn’t look good…dafuq

If we don’t get some WRs healthy, we are going to be pretty one dimensional. Beau and Brown need to live in the training room this week.

If we don’t get some WRs healthy, we are going to be pretty one dimensional. Beau and Brown need to live in the training room this week.

I thought Beau was pretty much healed up?

edit: nvm, saw that stuff on TOS

Last edited:
Don't remember where I read it, but someone pointed out that this will be the team's first true road game in over a year. The crowd may be more of a factor than it would be normally.

Don't remember where I read it, but someone pointed out that this will be the team's first true road game in over a year. The crowd may be more of a factor than it would be normally.
For that to be true, that would mean we didn't play any away games last year. Pretty sure we played away last year.

F_ck a hokie

maxresdefault.jpg

Game week is finally here.. getting excited for Friday. Should be a good game and after a lot of thought I believe the team that scores the most points will end up winning this one.

Reactions: Deezheelz
VT qbs had a ton of rushes for 1st downs against us the past two yrs. Made our D look vulnerable or scheme limited.

Time for Bateman to prove what his scheme can do when manned by a fairly experienced group.

Burmeister isnt the runner that Patterson was, but even he had 50 last yr. Last yr as a team they rushed for 250, 5.4 per carry :-(

Burmeister isnt the runner that Patterson was, but even he had 50 last yr. Last yr as a team they rushed for 250, 5.4 per carry :-(
I read on the VT website that Burmeister is their fastest player on offense. If so, I’m sure that he will be able to move the sticks a few times during the game with his legs, which is always frustrating.

VT qbs had a ton of rushes for 1st downs against us the past two yrs. Made our D look vulnerable or scheme limited.

Time for Bateman to prove what his scheme can do when manned by a fairly experienced group.
He’s finally got the depth to do it, IMO. Like Mack said yesterday, they had guys on the DL that played 90 snaps against VT two years ago.

I don't dislike the Navy, I don't love it either. It's just a meh look for me. I like the white out or the traditional baby blue bottoms for away games. But as long as they win I couldn't care less what they wear. Beat VT and all is good for me.

Reactions: strummingram
Lots more depth in our lineups, and should help. For sure, we will be distracted by the noise, but hope it will propel us to rally around each other and do our job. Securing a win against these guys would be sweet, but I think our team knows what we are walking into, and feel good about it. Let's Go !

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT