ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina vs VT gamethread

He'll need to be fast to avoid getting carried out on a stretcher. We've got some nasty dudes that will be coming after him
I'm thinking pass rush should be damn good this yr given improvement in guys like Des/Collins/Rucker, plus a little more umph from Myles Murphy and Vohasek due to maturity and depth.

But run D wasn't amazing last yr, so i guess that is wait & see in terms of whether that can be good or very good.

I'm thinking pass rush should be damn good this yr given improvement in guys like Des/Collins/Rucker, plus a little more umph from Myles Murphy and Vohasek due to maturity and depth.

But run D wasn't amazing last yr, so i guess that is wait & see in terms of whether that can be good or very good.

Lots of returning talent in the box, but one of the biggest difference makers for run D could be development in the secondary. Bateman should feel comfortable leaving Grimes on an island with just about any receiver in the country. Combine the talent up front with a numbers advantage in the box, and it should be be tough for most teams to move the ball.

Reactions: Archer2
Not gonna lie. I am nervous as hell about this game. I have seen way too many big games with national buzz building about UNC football where they are playing a solid team and crap the bed. Going from hunter to hunted is tough. And those Va tech fans will be itching to remind everyone what a home filed advantage is. Would love to see come out hot and put some early points on the board.

Getting by VT is also huge because it gives us another two weeks of developing and working out the kinks against GSU before the next test in UVA. And frankly this team should steamroll UVA, GT, and Dook. FSU always has talent but their program has been in shambles for years now. Beating Miami and ND back to back will be tough, but the real key is getting there undefeated. One loss to either of those teams won't knock us out of ACCCG contention, or eventual playoff contention if we manage to beat Clemson. Losing one before that pretty much means we've gotta win both to stay in the hunt. It might sound ridiculous to be thinking about playoff berths but you can bet your ass that's what the players and coaches are striving for. That's the new standard.

Just look at tOSU earlier tonight... They struggled in the first half, and were looking vulnerable. But they gutted out the win with a couple of big plays in the second half and I'd be willing to bet they'll look a lot better next week. Great teams often look less than stellar in week 1, but they find a way to win anyways. Just find a way to start 1-0. Doesn't matter at all if it's ugly.

Every week you spend in the top 10 is a potential recruiting boost. Staying there starts with going 1-0. Mack can only sell a promising future for so long. The absolute cream of the crop usually end up signing with schools that are already getting results. Now is the time to start getting those results.

So the game thread starts a week before the game. Game day finally gets here and it's crickets.

C6HSoZHU8AAVP5W.jpg

source.gif

unc-tar-heels.gif

giphy.gif

Edge contain is dog shit right now. Gotta make an adjustment

I could have sworn our defense was supposed to be markedly better this year. Absolutely disgraceful on that drive.

Watch the damn ball. You can't hear the snap count anyways

Now cue the stupid penalty. One team hungry, the other appears to have been reading its press clippings at this point

That's why you don't take a shot on 2nd and 13. Get some of the yardage back and give yourself a better chance to pick up the first down.

pathetic response - they have easy plays nearly every time and we are going for home runs and throwing to tightly covered receivers. And then a ridiculous face mask as a bonus

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT