ADVERTISEMENT

Chizik spekas to Lee Pace

Wow family in AL and him here in CH gotta be tough. Hope that doesn't mean he isn't planning on being here long.
His daughter was in HS and wanted to graduate there. Remember, Chizik's kids were in Auburn/Opelika twice: when he was DC and then after 4 years when he was HC. So that is their home town.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
Wow family in AL and him here in CH gotta be tough. Hope that doesn't mean he isn't planning on being here long.
it's understandable -- he's so incredibly busy with the team that his wife might feel lonely in a new town where she doesn't know many people. it would be a concern to me though if she doesn't visit chapel hill and get to know what a great place it is. my guess is chizik wants another head coaching gig, but even if it's only 4 or 5 years in chapel hill his wife will want to be with him. (especially with all the excitement of her husband building a top 20 defense out of basically nothing) :)

I know it's a little different. But y'all got to remember Coach Fedora did it to. His family staying in Mississippi. Then move here after a year or two.

This is my favorite part. I'm optimistic about the upcoming season and those to come.

"Two words we use a lot are relentless and selflessness. Every day you have to work toward getting better. One thing I have seen is our guys have attacked the summer workouts relentlessly. They have done a great job of coaching themselves and being their own captains out there. I think that kind of plays into the word relentlessness. They have all tried to be relentless to achieve a much bigger goal. Every day we work on selflessness—me and you and everyone. I want the guy who does not worry about what he gets. I want the guy who worries about, “Did I do my job so I did not let down the other 10?” It’s not a matter of making a big play and saying, “Look at me.” It’s a matter of doing your job and not letting your teammates down. That’s how the military does it. That’s how you do it in battle. I don’t want to imply that a football game is as important as what our servicemen have done, but the analogy would be similar. That’s what we’re trying to get to, but we’re not there yet."

If Chizik can't fix this defense, we're going to be looking for a new coaching staff in the next couple years. Couldn't ask for a better guy to be in that seat, though.

[Puts honey buns on the side of his head:] "Help me, Obi Gene Kenobi. You're my only hope."

Reactions: UNC71-00
If Chizik can't fix this defense, we're going to be looking for a new coaching staff in the next couple years. Couldn't ask for a better guy to be in that seat, though.

[Puts honey buns on the side of his head:] "Help me, Obi Gene Kenobi. You're my only hope."
68b51af027f07ef5d49d7408a6cd3ab5.jpg

it's understandable -- he's so incredibly busy with the team that his wife might feel lonely in a new town where she doesn't know many people. it would be a concern to me though if she doesn't visit chapel hill and get to know what a great place it is. my guess is chizik wants another head coaching gig, but even if it's only 4 or 5 years in chapel hill his wife will want to be with him. (especially with all the excitement of her husband building a top 20 defense out of basically nothing) :)

Of course Chizik wants another HC job. But he is not a silly impatient kid
This is my favorite part. I'm optimistic about the upcoming season and those to come.

"Two words we use a lot are relentless and selflessness. Every day you have to work toward getting better. One thing I have seen is our guys have attacked the summer workouts relentlessly. They have done a great job of coaching themselves and being their own captains out there. I think that kind of plays into the word relentlessness. They have all tried to be relentless to achieve a much bigger goal. Every day we work on selflessness—me and you and everyone. I want the guy who does not worry about what he gets. I want the guy who worries about, “Did I do my job so I did not let down the other 10?” It’s not a matter of making a big play and saying, “Look at me.” It’s a matter of doing your job and not letting your teammates down. That’s how the military does it. That’s how you do it in battle. I don’t want to imply that a football game is as important as what our servicemen have done, but the analogy would be similar. That’s what we’re trying to get to, but we’re not there yet."

My favorite part has to be the Chizik family connection to Choo Choo, but this is my 2nd favorite part. Lat year, and the year before, the D not was put of position all the time, but it seemed like players tended toward individual playing. They seemed to be looking primarily to make personal highlight reels.

And if Chizik fixes this D, we will be looking for part of a new staff no later than after the 2017 season. My guess is Chizik wants his time table to become HC again for 2018 - 3 years as DC. That is enough tiome for him to show his stuff again, especially considering he won National titles as both DC and HC.

So, if 2016 is the breakout season I say it should be, and 2017 is not a regression, I expect 1 of 2 things to happen.

1) Chizik leaves to be HC somewhere else. To keep the D on track, Fedora would need to make Papuchis DC and keep Warren.

2) Fedora leaves. Then Chizik most likely would be moved to HC, maintaining continuity. If he could get a top OC and keep Papuhis as his DC, then Chizik could see his 2nd go around as HC be successful long term.

And if Chizik fixes this D, we will be looking for part of a new staff no later than after the 2017 season. My guess is Chizik wants his time table to become HC again for 2018 - 3 years as DC. That is enough tiome for him to show his stuff again, especially considering he won National titles as both DC and HC.

So, if 2016 is the breakout season I say it should be, and 2017 is not a regression, I expect 1 of 2 things to happen.

1) Chizik leaves to be HC somewhere else. To keep the D on track, Fedora would need to make Papuchis DC and keep Warren.

2) Fedora leaves. Then Chizik most likely would be moved to HC, maintaining continuity. If he could get a top OC and keep Papuhis as his DC, then Chizik could see his 2nd go around as HC be successful long term.

Yeah, no. If/when Chizik leaves, assuming he leaves because we are rolling and he gets a HC gig, I would expect Warren to be promoted to DC. That is, if we promote from within the staff.

This administration would be crazy not to do whatever it takes to keep this defensive staff in place. Let's say Coach C leaves after 4 years, you ave to promote Warren to DC because he is a star and obviously a hellva recruiter. Trey is a rising start and it would be equally crazy not to try and retain him as well. Coach P would also be a must but I can see him leaving with Coach C if promoted DC by Coach C. Either way, it means one thing, the Heels will be rolling.

Yeah, no. If/when Chizik leaves, assuming he leaves because we are rolling and he gets a HC gig, I would expect Warren to be promoted to DC. That is, if we promote from within the staff.
Over Papuchis who has already been a DC in a P5 league?

That would be as risky as hiring Torbush and Bunting as HCs. If your gamble is on the mark, you win. If you make that gamble and you are a Bama, you can lose and recover very quickly. If you are a UNC and lose that gamble, you could set up another 20 years of mediocrity.

Just for the record, Chizik has been the head coach at Iowa State and Auburn. So his next HC gig will be his 3rd.

Linking your Twitter account? This will require you to tweet some inside information from time to time. Or pictures of boobies. Either is good with me.

Reactions: uncboy10
Linking your Twitter account? This will require you to tweet some inside information from time to time. Or pictures of boobies. Either is good with me.
How about your wife's boobies? That cool?

Hey, I did everyone a favor by removing the runner collision gif since it was causing seizures. Man, it's just never enough for you guys is it?

Reactions: UNC71-00
Does Iowa St really count?
I have learned that Iowa does really count while reading Big 12 people discuss the possible loss of OU and then other members. Iowa State has renovated its stadium and added seats. Starting this season, Iowa has the 3rd largest stadium in the Big 12 behind Texas and OU.

Keep that in mind when the next SEC-penis-envying FSU fan drools about how much greater a football league the Big 12 is, much larger the Big 12 football fan bases, how much more passionate is football support in the Big 12.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT