ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Clarke

94tarheel

Junior
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2004
I see where Chris Clarke decommits from UM after Hoke firing. I wonder if he calls Fed to see if we have any interest.

Originally posted by SeaHawk98:
Could use a really good tight end.
A large TE with good hands is a key missing part of the offense. Clarke at TE would cause LBs to need to cxover him every play, and cause Safeties to keep a close eye on him, which combined would open more lanes for our RBs and allow our Wrs more wiggle room to get open.

Originally posted by Raising Heel:
He visited this weekend. Quotes from the visit weren't very encouraging for the Heels.
After seeeing that mess on Saturday, makes sense.

The team looked uncoached and totally uninspired, even uninterested in playing at all.

Fedora has already lost much of the fan base, and he may have lost much of the team. If he remains stubbornly tied to the 4-2-5 D and Koenning and Disch, and we have Spurrier carve us up to open next year, Fedora could lose the fan base forever. We could see crowds of 35-40,000 at Kenan the rest of the year.

Originally posted by WoadBlue:
He visited this weekend. Quotes from the visit weren't very encouraging for the Heels.

The team looked uncoached and totally uninspired, even uninterested in playing at all.

Fedora has already lost much of the fan base, and he may have lost much of the team. If he remains stubbornly tied to the 4-2-5 D and Koenning and Disch, and we have Spurrier carve us up to open next year, Fedora could lose the fan base forever. We could see crowds of 35-40,000 at Kenan the rest of the year.
So I'm guessing your gut is telling you that's whats going to happen? Just curious, cause mine is saying the D staff is gone and we beat USuCk. You're totally right though, can't be loyal to guys that aren't winners.

Originally posted by uncboy10:

So I'm guessing your gut is telling you that's whats going to happen? Just curious, cause mine is saying the D staff is gone and we beat USuCk. You're totally right though, can't be loyal to guys that aren't winners.
I think something more was wrong on Saturday than just a bad game plan on D and Moo's large front 7 smashing our mouths early. The team looked totally out of sync - like playing in a daze. We've seen that with the D, but this was the whole team - for a whole game.

Could it be that Fedora confessed to the team that he has thought about another job? That there would be major staff changes after the season? That the University was going to penalize the football program for the sins of AFAM and the academic administrators who alowed it to go on and on (while conveniently letting basketball skate)?

But something was bad wrong - something that messed with the emotions and the attitudes of seemingly the entire team.

Originally posted by uncboy10:

I think something more was wrong on Saturday than just a bad game plan on D and Moo's large front 7 smashing our mouths early. The team looked totally out of sync - like playing in a daze. We've seen that with the D, but this was the whole team - for a whole game.

Could it be that Fedora confessed to the team that he has thought about another job? That there would be major staff changes after the season? That the University was going to penalize the football program for the sins of AFAM and the academic administrators who alowed it to go on and on (while conveniently letting basketball skate)?

But something was bad wrong - something that messed with the emotions and the attitudes of seemingly the entire team.
I agree with that. There's just no way we come out that flat against one of our rivals. Fedora, unlike Butch, puts stock in this rivalry and has said and done things to keep the rivalry going. It's bizarre that he all of a sudden doesn't motivate the team to play in this game. Something's amiss.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT