ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Cornell

Doesn't remind me has a sick guitar solo. Also, shout out to his work with Temple too. Say hello to heaven is an excellent song.
Crazy how much of my favorite music by multiple bands that he had a hand in. He'll be remembered for his voice but we'd have never heard that much of it if he weren't also a prolific songwriter. Strong lyrics on the all-out rock songs and lots of very thoughtful and heartfelt stuff too.

Last edited:
Reactions: tarheel0910
Crazy how much of my favorite music by multiple bands that he had a hand in. He'll be remembered for his voice but we'd have never heard that much of it if he weren't also a prolific songwriter. Strong lyrics on both the all-out rock songs and lots of very thoughtful and heartfelt stuff too.
Yeah, there is a lot of emotion in his voice and lyrics.

Reactions: JuleZ '02 HEEL
Pretty crazy. I wasn't the biggest Soundgarden fan but loved some of their stuff (Outshined is one of my all time favorites) and his stuff with other bands. I certainly respected him. He certainly outlived some of the other rock icons of my youth but it is sad to see him go.

I have a buddy with the same name who has been mistaken for him over the phone several times.

Awesome talent. That's a real shame.

I also liked his cameo in Singles... when Matt Dillon demos the car stereo for Briget Fonda.

Reactions: tarheel0910
He was looking California and feeling Minnesota apparently. Speculation about suicide.

I was just looking back through my music and I forgot how many really good songs that soundgarden put out. It's a shame that we won't be able to get some more music from Chris.

It is hard to imagine how a person gets to that point. Especially leaving behind kids and a wife. But you never know what's going on inside someone's head and what they're struggling with.

Pain, fellas...pain. It doesn't have to be physical; emotional or mental anguish can be just as debilitating.

Our overwhelming most basic instinct is self-preservation. Imagine what kind of pain someone has to be suffering to overcome that. A total loss of hope.

That's a drag... no doubt. Never seems to make sense to want to take your own life.

Not at that age and with so many assets . . ya never know what sort of mental state someone is in, was it possible he suffered from depression or possibly another medical diagnosis, somewhat similar to what Robin Williams was facing . .

Not at that age and with so many assets . . ya never know what sort of mental state someone is in, was it possible he suffered from depression or possibly another medical diagnosis, somewhat similar to what Robin Williams was facing . .
Anything is possible.

He had a wife and two daughters, too:
chris-cornell-vicky-karayiannis.jpg

Just read the last song he performed was a cover of Led Zeppelin's ‘In My Time of Dying’

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT