ADVERTISEMENT

Chubb

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a reason why all of the prognosticators are picking UNC in this game. To counter that, Vegas is favoring the Dawgs by 2.5. They are pretty good at what they do. The starting Georgia defense is very good. But, the DL backups are way too young. UGA's only hope is to keep the ball away from that UNC offense by executing long, ball control drives to keep the defense rested.

Not so fast my friend. Don't come in here playing the everyone is picking against us card. A few talking heads have picked UNC but I've seen plenty say that the Dawgs will roll and we have no chance of stopping Chubb. And yes Vegas does know what they are doing, but I saw that 80%+ of the total money is on UGA yet the line has come down from -3.5 initially and is holding firm at -2.5. They are clearly comfortable being exposed heavily on UGA.

That front 7 for UNC's D isn't what played against Baylor, either. I find it humorous that Uga fans want us to accept that they are better than last season, yet don't apply the same to UNC.

And if UNC gets it's running game going the passing attack will blow the game wide open.

See how that works?

I don't think it is as important for UNC to have a running game as UGA. That's not an insult. UNC has a more wide open offense and the game against Clemson last year was an eye opener, so there was no disrespect intended. As for UGA (and Bama) everything revolves around the running game. Chubb can be phenomenal. We will see how he is post injury. If he gets going, that open up everything else and Chubb is special. It may or may not happen, but if it does....

LOL recruiting rankings. I get what you are saying and I'm sure you have some guys that will end up being studs, but do you have anyone right now as good as Lawson, Dodd, Alexander and Kearse were playing at the end of last year? Lawson and Dodd were 1 and 2 nationally in TFL if I remember correctly. I'm not discrediting your D because I know it will be good, but it seems like a lot of your fans are expecting younger guys in the Front 7 w/o much experience to all hit the ground running and play lights out from Day 1.

At this point who knows? We almost always have a pretty stout defense. On the other hand we usually have about two games a year where the run defense under performs (Bama and UF) more recently. I guess I m thinking with Kirby's defensive lineage and pretty good talent, that side of the ball will probably be okay. I am more curious to see how the offense performs. Since the OC came from Arkansas before Pitt, I know he is going to run the ball from multiple formations and that plays into our (UGA's) strength if we can block. Still, it's a matter of the defense slowing you guys (UNC) down and the offense running some good ball control offense to deny you guys too many opportunities. We are not deep on the D-line, that much is true. inside LBer either. Everywhere else er are pretty loaded. It'll be a good test.

FWIW, all off season I have predicted a UGA loss here with a new scheme, new coach, etc. I am starting to feel a little better as we get closer and at worse I think its a toss up now. Of course unless something incredible happens for UGA, a blow out would probably be a UNC victory.

Reactions: Raising Heel
Guys, I think it is unfair to label ALL UGA fans as idiots based on the few trolls here. Frankly, most UGA fans I have run across are good folks who any of us would gladly share a brew and burger with at any tailgate at either venue. (Well, if we HAD a tailgate venue, that is!)

I have seen some really good posts by UGA fans here and honest appraisals and good questions. We have a free board, which makes it easy for the trolls to come goad us and take cheap shots, but other than that ALL fanbases have idiots like we see here.

giphy.gif

Do you really not have good places to tailgate? That's crazy. You do have a great downtown area though. Loved the rathskellar and top of the hill.

giphy.gif

Do you really not have good places to tailgate? That's crazy. You do have a great downtown area though. Loved the rathskellar and top of the hill.

There are places but they are few and far between. It may be different this year but UNC really cracked down on tailgating a few years back.

There are places but they are few and far between. It may be different this year but UNC really cracked down on tailgating a few years back.

Why? Developing a good tailgating scene is part of the equation to building the fan base and solid football program.

Part of it is simply the geography of the campus. There aren't a lot of wide open spaces for large numbers of people to tailgate. On the other hand, we/UNC doesn't make use of the ones that are available.

I've seen the authorities ease up about the drinking quite a bit over the last several years. Nobody gives you trouble at the tailgate, and there have been plenty of people with beers who walk right past the traffic cops on their way to the stadium without a second glance.

Part of it is simply the geography of the campus. There aren't a lot of wide open spaces for large numbers of people to tailgate. On the other hand, we/UNC doesn't make use of the ones that are available.

THIS. Plus I think that it goes back to the old line of thinking that some UNC folks have of NOT wanting to be a big time football school. There are still a LOT of folks in UNC circles that would prefer that football remain nothing more than something to do between the NCAA Basketball tournament and the beginning of basketball season in November.

Frankly, I have never understood that line of thinking because I have ALWAYS been a UNC fan of EVERY sport. I don't care if it was tiddlywinks, I would pull for UNC to win.

Anyway, I have seen tailgating done right and done terribly wrong. I think UGA does it right as do a lot of SEC schools. To me if handled properly even a high school can have tailgating and not worry about trouble.

As for wrong, well, I dated a girl who went to Moo U. and made the mistake of going to ONE Moo/UNC game at the cow pasture. "Tailgating" there looked more like a bad episode of the Redneck Olympics on steroids.

THIS. Plus I think that it goes back to the old line of thinking that some UNC folks have of NOT wanting to be a big time football school. There are still a LOT of folks in UNC circles that would prefer that football remain nothing more than something to do between the NCAA Basketball tournament and the beginning of basketball season in November.

Frankly, I have never understood that line of thinking because I have ALWAYS been a UNC fan of EVERY sport. I don't care if it was tiddlywinks, I would pull for UNC to win.

Anyway, I have seen tailgating done right and done terribly wrong. I think UGA does it right as do a lot of SEC schools. To me if handled properly even a high school can have tailgating and not worry about trouble.

As for wrong, well, I dated a girl who went to Moo U. and made the mistake of going to ONE Moo/UNC game at the cow pasture. "Tailgating" there looked more like a bad episode of the Redneck Olympics on steroids.
If Carolina can keep winning, it will force those football-haters to shove it up their *** and go the F away. Go pull for Davidson basketball or some shit.

Reactions: lerario
Why? Developing a good tailgating scene is part of the equation to building the fan base and solid football program.
The people who control Chapel Hill - and always have - see football very much the way the Old Money society types saw elite boarding school football. We want to win, but we will not lower ourselves to boorish exercises of boisterousness before, during, or after games. That is unseemly conduct. We will keep the noise level to a reasonable maximum, and our celebrations will be restrained.

I can only hope to one day see a true football environment in Chapel Hill some day.I do wish more UNC fans would embrace all sports and not be so uptight about football and what it brings to the table. To me, successful athletics programs across the board means everyone wins.

Regardless, we are not far away from kickoff, so I am getting stoked! Hope we have a really good game, no one gets hurt and the 'Heels win!

If Carolina can keep winning, it will force those football-haters to shove it up their *** and go the F away. Go pull for Davidson basketball or some shit.
I don't know any UNC fans that hate football, I do know some that are indifferent because of the mediocrity of our program. But hate football? No. Folt, the University, and the town of Chapel Hill are the main obstacles to overcome.

I've said all along, build it and they will come, they being the fans. Keep winning at a high rate and you'll see more butt in the seats. But I don't think the University has ever embraced football to the extent it has basketball and that's a shame. Still, consistent contending for the ACCC would over time force them to change their stance. One can only hope anyway.

Reactions: tarheel0910

I really agree !!!

I may be more of a basketball fan than football fan but only because I enjoy the sport of basketball more. I love football as well and I love UNC football above all others and I want UNC football to become at least as successful as any other UNC sport. I am not one of those folks that believes success in one sport should come with a weakening in another sport, I think successful basketball at UNC should HELP UNC football, not harm it and visa versa.

As for tail gating, it is disappointing at UNC but Franklin St kinda allows UNC fans to tail gate inside and enjoy the lead up to a game. But living here in Lexington SC, just across town from where the gamecocks play football, you just have to experience how seriously those folks take tail gating, it is an experience in itself.

To answer the question about Folt, she not only did not back up our coach, but publicly admonished our coach. As for tomorrow I think our defense surprises and holds Chubb to 175 -200 yds. I know that's not good but this is Chubb. I think we win a shoot out as we clearly have less questions, and the superior offense, and special teams. 42-38 UNC GO HEELS

To answer the question about Folt, she not only did not back up our coach, but publicly admonished our coach. As for tomorrow I think our defense surprises and holds Chubb to 175 -200 yds. I know that's not good but this is Chubb. I think we win a shoot out as we clearly have less questions, and the superior offense, and special teams. 42-38 UNC GO HEELS
She was an insulting bitch. And she meant to be. She was proving her ability to piss last and loudest. She cast aspersion on Beckman, signaling she does not think him worthy of consideration for a way to work toward cleaning his reputation. That is certain to have doubled the insult that Fedora received.

Take this for what it's worth...I can't give you links or point to a "source" but I hope you know I don't put BS out there. As naive as it sounds Fedora was actually surprised by the reaction from the local media to the Beckman addition. He thought they would recognize he was simply trying to give a friend a break and didn't expect such a vicious backlash. (I know, I know)

Folt's comments were expressly designed to make it clear there is indeed institutional control of athletics at UNC and was 100% a political release aimed at the NCAA and those still beating the drum that the tail is wagging the dog...not the least of which are certain members of the UNC faculty and the local media.

Cunningham and Fedora were aware of what Folt would say and the reasons behind it. Both understood the situation and agreed that severing ties with Beckman had to occur. Unless they are both lying there are no hurt feelings, bruised egos or resentment and they all consider it a non-issue going forward.

Take this for what it's worth...I can't give you links or point to a "source" but I hope you know I don't put BS out there. As naive as it sounds Fedora was actually surprised by the reaction from the local media to the Beckman addition. He thought they would recognize he was simply trying to give a friend a break and didn't expect such a vicious backlash. (I know, I know)

Folt's comments were expressly designed to make it clear there is indeed institutional control of athletics at UNC and was 100% a political release aimed at the NCAA and those still beating the drum that the tail is wagging the dog...not the least of which are certain members of the UNC faculty and the local media.

Cunningham and Fedora were aware of what Folt would say and the reasons behind it. Both understood the situation and agreed that severing ties with Beckman had to occur. Unless they are both lying there are no hurt feelings, bruised egos or resentment and they all consider it a non-issue going forward.

I am kinda like Fed on the Beckham deal, I really didn't nor do I see the problem so many had with him? it was not as if he was going to have the type of control he had before all the stuff came out about his tactics. It was not as if Fed or UNC endorsed those action but more giving the guy the chance to learn from his past and see how a successful an budding program should be run. Funny how so many are all about giving a player second chances but not with a coach?

Doing the right thing and giving someone a second chance to learn from their past mistakes seems to be the right thing to do, don't understand why the media had to get so involved in it.

I am kinda like Fed on the Beckham deal, I really didn't nor do I see the problem so many had with him? it was not as if he was going to have the type of control he had before all the stuff came out about his tactics. It was not as if Fed or UNC endorsed those action but more giving the guy the chance to learn from his past and see how a successful an budding program should be run. Funny how so many are all about giving a player second chances but not with a coach?

Doing the right thing and giving someone a second chance to learn from their past mistakes seems to be the right thing to do, don't understand why the media had to get so involved in it.
Timing is everything.

Reactions: tarheel0910
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT