ADVERTISEMENT

Deflate-gate, continuation....

Nfl dropped the hammer. Brady not cooperating really hurt them.
Probably a fair ruling. There seems to be enough evidence they did in fact cheat and benefit from it. It's not a killer -- that division is a mess -- but it certainly doesn't leave them much margin for error if they want to make the playoffs.

Brady should retire now just to flip Goodell the finger.

Reactions: UNC71-00
1million $ fine.
Pats lose 2 picks.
4 game suspension for Brady.
The 2 staffers handling game balls are suspended indefinitely.

Last edited:
Every team in the NFL is trying to cheat. They just don't yield results from it like that Pats. Remember when Belichick pulled the eligible receiver stuff and Harbaugh was calling foul. The NFL was like, "uh, what do we do?" The Pats and Belichick especially are just geniuses; ahead of the curve. Cutting edge. Geniuses walk a fine line.

If I'm Brady, I retire. What could he possibly have left to accomplish?

So some here still think Brady is a "role model". Unbelievable. The guy is an arrogant prick just like his coach. Nothing is ever their fault because they are so " perfect". He may be a great QB but he is a cheater and and ass clown also.

Reactions: BillyL
So some here still think Brady is a "role model". Unbelievable. The guy is an arrogant prick just like his coach. Nothing is ever their fault because they are so " perfect". He may be a great QB but he is a cheater and and ass clown also.

QFT

Why is Brady an ass clown?

Seriously- other than if you take the position that you hate all sports cheaters, what about Brady is not to like?

Easy. He never gives credit other team when he loses (or wins). It is ALL about him. In other words he is a very sore loser and poor winner. That makes him an ass clown.

Easy. He never gives credit other team when he loses (or wins). It is ALL about him. In other words he is a very sore loser and poor winner. That makes him an ass clown.

Huh. I have never noticed but admittedly haven't paid much attention.

Lol at @Louigi saying Brady isn't a role model. Who is a good role model then? Marshawn Lynch? Gronk? Adrian Peterson? Gimme a break.

I think we've hit the nail on the head a few posts up when RH said this:

^^^^^ Ah, gotcha. So your issue is with the league and other teams for allowing cheating to happen rather than with the teams that cheat. That's almost like saying I beat and robbed a guy, but it's the victim's fault for leaving the house and the cops' fault for not catching me. Almost. :cool:

And @UNC71-00 reminded him that football is JUST a game. That's the crux of why people get so upset and want to riot about this kind of stuff: they can't separate a sport from real life. Y'all, it's a game. Hell, it's not even THAT entertaining of a game anymore with all the pussification rules in place. Brady allegedly cheated in a GAME. This is analogous to moving your token one extra space in Sorry! or paying $10 less for a property in Monopoly. It's a game.

Now we have people saying Tom Brady isn't a role model? Well first of all, let's stop making famous people role models. Just like me and you, famous people are quite imperfect people with base flaws and defects just like us. But furthermore, if we're going to make athletes role models, you could do a lot effing worse than Tom Brady (!!!11!) Are you kidding me? In this country, we've morphed into this weird group think where everyone hates winners and everyone wants to see winners get torn down and beat down. People hate Tom Brady because he wins. They'll give you a litany of excuses, but it just boils down to that they hate him because he wins. That's pathetic.

Lol at @Louigi saying Brady isn't a role model. Who is a good role model then? Marshawn Lynch? Gronk? Adrian Peterson? Gimme a break.

I think we've hit the nail on the head a few posts up when RH said this:

And @UNC71-00 reminded him that football is JUST a game. That's the crux of why people get so upset and want to riot about this kind of stuff: they can't separate a sport from real life. Y'all, it's a game. Hell, it's not even THAT entertaining of a game anymore with all the pussification rules in place. Brady allegedly cheated in a GAME. This is analogous to moving your token one extra space in Sorry! or paying $10 less for a property in Monopoly. It's a game.

Now we have people saying Tom Brady isn't a role model? Well first of all, let's stop making famous people role models. Just like me and you, famous people are quite imperfect people with base flaws and defects just like us. But furthermore, if we're going to make athletes role models, you could do a lot effing worse than Tom Brady (!!!11!) Are you kidding me? In this country, we've morphed into this weird group think where everyone hates winners and everyone wants to see winners get torn down and beat down. People hate Tom Brady because he wins. They'll give you a litany of excuses, but it just boils down to that they hate him because he wins. That's pathetic.

nailed_it_RE_20th_Century_fox_theme_on_flute-s240x320-227191.jpg

I want to see what they do to the next guy wearing cleats with spikes that don't meet regulation. Send him to the locker room to change or give him a 4 game suspension?

^ @gunslingerdick

he should just smack his wife around (but make sure there's no video of it). Then he'll probably just get a fine. But God help him if his cleats are too long or if he videotapes somebody's practice :mad:

Bob Costas said this morning that if Brady had came out in the beginning and said something along the line of "Yeah, the ball boys know that I like the ball as soft as the NFL allows but they went overboard and without my knowledge" that he would have gotten a slap on the wrist and that would have been the end of it.

Reactions: lovetheHeels!
Is his suspension for his involvement with deflating the balls (i.e. cheating) or lying about it afterward when asked by the NFL. IMO the suspension should be for the lying about it after the fact when asked directly about it. Wouldn't be the first time the Pats organization did that and that is why I think there should be some significant penalty.

Reactions: BillyL
Thats way too excessive . .
But assassinating his character on every radio and TV talk show isn't excessive? Especially bearing in mind that some of his fellow players recently have gotten in trouble for:

- murder(s)
- possible child abuse
- domestic assault
- domestic battery
- systematic coercion and rape

...but yes, let's scream about Brady trying to deflate the football a tiny bit.

But assassinating his character on every radio and TV talk show isn't excessive? Especially bearing in mind that some of his fellow players recently have gotten in trouble for:

- murder(s)
- possible child abuse
- domestic assault
- domestic battery

Okay, you guys wanna put Brady in Gitmo, I'm in with it . .

. . . but, I want that f+cker water-boarded on day one as to whether he knew about those deflated balls or not.

:)

Reactions: gunslingerdick
nailed_it_RE_20th_Century_fox_theme_on_flute-s240x320-227191.jpg

I want to see what they do to the next guy wearing cleats with spikes that don't meet regulation. Send him to the locker room to change or give him a 4 game suspension?

Well if hes already been busted cheating bfore, was warned that any future infractions would take history into account, lied, refused to cooperate with the investigation, then yea....4 games would be about right

Well if hes already been busted cheating bfore, was warned that any future infractions would take history into account, lied, refused to cooperate with the investigation, then yea....4 games would be about right

Shoulda been 8 games . . . IMO.

Reactions: heelmanwilm

- murder(s)
- possible child abuse
- domestic assault
- domestic battery

They should be (and some are) ranting about his lying about it. That is where his character comes into play. Part of a established pattern from that team. You can have a lack of character without committing a crime.

Last edited:
Lol at anyone who does not think successful professional athletes are role models to youth. If one cannot grasp that concept, they are in denial. Oh, and Brady is a piss poor role model. And a cheater.

I'll wager that the suspension is reduced by 50% or more. What do you wanna wager?

Lol at anyone who does not think successful professional athletes are role models to youth. If one cannot grasp that concept, they are in denial. Oh, and Brady is a piss poor role model. And a cheater.
Then that only proves that parenting, by and large, sucks in this country.

Then that only proves that parenting, by and large, sucks in this country.
Not sure it's all parenting, but I detest the way our society idolizes people simply because they're famous, or rich, or athletic, etc. There's a big difference between admiration and worship. Pretty sure the world didn't need Sprite 6 Mix by LeBron James....

Not sure it's all parenting, but I detest the way our society idolizes people simply because they're famous, or rich, or athletic, etc. There's a big difference between admiration and worship. Pretty sure the world didn't need Sprite 6 Mix by LeBron James....
Most of it is parenting, with the rest just being "don't be a d*mbass," which is hard for most people.

You know who my dad taught me to idolize? Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, Ronald Regan, my great-grandmother, etc. Not friggin Joe Schmoe pro athlete because he is really good at throwing or catching a ball.

But in general @Raising Heel we've always been on the same page about the idiocy of hero worship and reverence. It is beyond pathetic that magazines like People and shows like TMZ not only exist, but are wildly popular in this country. Seriously, who gives a flying f*** what Celebrity A did with Celebrity B in [insert lavish hotel in exotic destination you'll never afford]? I don't see why people care so much about celebrities and athletes. I enjoy their work, but that's it. I don't desire to be their friends, or build shrines to them, or base my decisions, beliefs, morals off theirs. It's all just dumb.

Amen and hallelujah, brother. My wife follows some of that stuff as a guilty pleasure/diversion from "real life" but I literally can't be in the room when E! News is on the television. Makes my skin crawl. And like you, I couldn't care less about 99% of their personal lives (something like learning Michael J. Fox has Parkinson's would be an example of an exception).

Confession: I follow some UNC coaches on Twitter simply for the information they provide. The only athlete I follow is Shakeel Rashad (FB), and that's only because he is quirky and hilarious. That's it.

There is only one sports figure I've ever idolized, and that was Dean E. Smith (RIP). Of course I felt the way I did about him not just because he was a coach, but because he was an amazing man who used his position to better the lives of the young men who were entrusted to his care.

Confession: I follow some UNC coaches on Twitter simply for the information they provide. The only athlete I follow is Shakeel Rashad (FB), and that's only because he is quirky and hilarious. That's it.
Following people on Twitter, especially coaches, is a different concept. They really do give out good info. That's way different than idolizing some athlete you don't know from Adam, just because he's real fast and wears your favorite team's jersey.

So now pictures are circulating showing patriots game balls have been darker in color than normal game balls. Presumably from something applied to the balls to make them softer and easier to grip. Lol. Holy crap.

Great article. And it harks to the point I was trying to make earlier in this thread: When sports or politics are involved, otherwise smart people lose their mind and forsake their ability to think logically about issues. Everything is "the worst [or best] of all time" and everything deserves zero punishment or maximum punishment.

And this groupthink is perpetuated by the media who embrace the "Choice A OR Choice B, but NEVER both" simplicity and trot out "experts" who are ridiculous far left/right on the spectrum of each side of the debate. No one can concede certain aspects of the other side's argument; they hold steadfast that their side/team/position is 100% right and the other side is 100% wrong, just like the article says.

I find it somewhat embarrassing for our society that ever-so-slightly deflated footballs are topics on non-sports related news shows. Holy cow.

I'm betting Brady and Belichick win another Super Bowl before they're done. And I'm doubling down on Belichick making several thinly veiled, snarky comments in interviews - basically having the last laugh.

I can't stand brady, belichek and the pats. We all know they cheated. How can a QB whose career is throwing footballs, not know they were not inflated properly. I will take the report with a grain of salt given how reports work (wainstein report is very subjective). The punishment probably went too far for this incident. I think they are being more punished for a consistent cheating culture over the years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT