ADVERTISEMENT

Quick stuff (dook game - NCAAT)...

Love the writeup sir! But if I recall correctly, after Williams' 2nd foul, K took him out for the rest of the half, and we got 4 fouls called on his replacement Theo John, The Man With No Last Name. So it would seem that we DID keep going inside, just not scoring very effectively in there.

GO HEELS!
IIRC his fouls came from stuff not directly related to defending post-ups.

McCormick is a hoss, very strong mature veteran, and Lightfoot spells him and is big and solid as well. Hopefully Mando is close to 100%, he has a very physical two headed matchup on deck for Monday.
Indeed. With that said, one potential mitigating factor is that KU doesn't normally play anything resembling a PF, so Brady could shift off to guard the 5 some if Mando rests and we can slot Puff and/or Styles into a smaller lineup not be outsized.

McCormick is a hoss, very strong mature veteran, and Lightfoot spells him and is big and solid as well. Hopefully Mando is close to 100%, he has a very physical two headed matchup on deck for Monday.
Weird thing is that McCormack doesn't rebound too much. Averages under 7 a game and about evenly split between offensive and defensive.

Reactions: dtodd4475
Weird thing is that McCormack doesn't rebound too much. Averages under 7 a game and about evenly split between offensive and defensive.
True, but he only plays about half of the game though. Just under 22 minutes per. Lightfoot averages around 3 boards in his normal 12 minutes per game as well.

They each rest more then Mando typically does. Even combined only equalling 36 minutes per, where they corral around 10 boards on average as a tandem. They do play 4 out with only 1 in, just as we prefer to do.

Last edited:
Indeed. With that said, one potential mitigating factor is that KU doesn't normally play anything resembling a PF, so Brady could shift off to guard the 5 some if Mando rests and we can slot Puff and/or Styles into a smaller lineup not be outsized.
Brady is going to have to bring his best defensive game. Minutes on either big is a problem, but he will also have to chase a very capable perimeter in either Wilson or Obaji.

I would think he gets Wilson who plays in space, and is their only below average 3 ball shooter, much more of a wing slasher. Leak gets Obaji and switches if Braun gets cooking as needed? They spread the floor much like we do.

The emergence late of Remy Martin has really bolstered them, as the point spot although not terrible was a soft spot for them, but Martin & Harris cranked it up down the stretch.

Last edited:
McCormick is a hoss, very strong mature veteran, and Lightfoot spells him and is big and solid as well. Hopefully Mando is close to 100%, he has a very physical two headed matchup on deck for Monday
Bacot has played against and dominated much better bigs than him. The only thing that would keep us from winning this matchup is an injury to Armando

Bacot has played against and dominated much better bigs than him. The only thing that would keep us from winning this matchup is an injury to Armando
I have plenty of confidence in Mando. He is going to have to pack a lunch though, so I hope the ankle is as near 100% as possible, as this is a physical tandem. Dsouthr has correctly pointed out that his output has diminished some earlier in the season against jumbo centers. McCormack qualifies as one of those.

Neither Jayhawk big is a featured scorer, but they bang and are capable, and make you earn it in the paint. A healthy, and a staying out of foul trouble Mando is very important. We really do not have anyone else who does what he does for our squad.

Right. What a bad look that would be. The media that slurps him nonstop would? Should savage him for that bush league move. But I wouldn’t put it past him.
Agree.
Kay would be exposed as the fraud he is by coming back now.

Last edited:
Brady is going to have to bring his best defensive game. Minutes on either big is a problem, but he will also have to chase a very capable perimeter in either Wilson or Obaji.

I would think he gets Wilson who plays in space, and is their only below average 3 ball shooter, much more of a wing slasher. Leak gets Obaji and switches if Braun gets cooking as needed? They spread the floor much like we do.

The emergence late of Remy Martin has really bolstered them, as the point spot although not terrible was a soft spot for them, but Martin & Harris cranked it up down the stretch.
Ironically, Martin's decision-making can rival our Guards' acumen (IYKWIM), so perhaps he can help us out ;)

6b9lt1.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT