ADVERTISEMENT

Does anyone know if this is still going on ?

IDUNK4HEELS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2004
kernersville nc
Coach Smith and Coach Williams used to use this as a recruiting tool when they told possible recruits they (the coaches) would schedule at least one game near a recruits home regardless where they were from. I was stationed in Germany when they came over for Rodi and practiced in the bases gym. But again does anyone know if coach Davis is following that tradition?

Might be difficult to pull off in this Transfer laden era. Often times those games don't happen until a player is a junior or senior. If a player transfers in for one season, or transfers out after 1-2 seasons, they aren't likely to get one.

I still remember going to play at Villanova for Rasheed Wallace's homecoming game, and Sheed was in the NBA. Or playing at Northern Iowa for Marcus Paige, and Paige was injured. I'm not sure Hubert can afford to risk the extra losses right now.

I would guess that he would continue this but I have no inside info on it. It is one of the many things that separated the Family from it's copycats! (copyrats, even)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT