ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite shows on Network TV/

tarheelinfl

Hall of Famer
Nov 5, 2002
I was a big fan of The Wonder Years and gave the new one a try! It is very good and will be back for season #2! It is a very worthy reboot/remake of the original.
My recording time always goes into the next show, so I got interested in The Connors and Home Economics also.
Those three, along with The Equalizer are about the only shows I follow.

I'm not sure there's anything on network TV I watch outside of the news. I've never liked remakes of TV shows. Fantasy Island was a fair remake but it was really more of a continuation.

I've never heard of Home Economics. Seems like everything on network TV is reality competition shows or awards shows. I was actually just thinking the other day how we'd look forward to certain nights because [insert favorite show] came on and you'd had to wait a week to see it. Funny how three networks (and PBS) didn't seem like too few when it was all we had.

I'm not sure there's anything on network TV I watch outside of the news. I've never liked remakes of TV shows. Fantasy Island was a fair remake but it was really more of a continuation.

I've never heard of Home Economics. Seems like everything on network TV is reality competition shows or awards shows. I was actually just thinking the other day how we'd look forward to certain nights because [insert favorite show] came on and you'd had to wait a week to see it. Funny how three networks (and PBS) didn't seem like too few when it was all we had.
Home Economics is a sitcom, sometimes dramedy about 3 grown siblings of various levels of $$ and different lifestyles. It's really pretty good, usually love of family triumphs over most problems. Topher Grace (70s Show) is one of the cast members.

Reactions: WhatTheHeel?
I don't even know if it's network, but I will often catch Chicago P.D. when I'm channel surfing. Hank is a trip, my kind of cop. I don't know how such a non- PC show survives. Acting borders on the hokey sometimes and the storylines tend to run together, but I'm a sucker for shows where the bad guys get a little what-fer while being interrogated.

I was a big fan of The Wonder Years and gave the new one a try! It is very good and will be back for season #2! It is a very worthy reboot/remake of the original.
My recording time always goes into the next show, so I got interested in The Connors and Home Economics also.
Those three, along with The Equalizer are about the only shows I follow.

I'd like to see a new 'Malcomb in the Middle', except I doubt it could be anywhere near as good as the original. I also like 'Modern Family', but I don't know if it is network.

I’ve been watching a ton of The Outdoor Channel. They have bass tournaments airing a lot. Other cool stuff too.

I really don’t watch any new programs. Sports, reruns of Seinfeld and 80s movies is mostly where I live.

Network TV? Yeesh, nothing new. Sports mostly.

South Park, Seinfeld, House Hunters International (wife loves it), and if I see a good movie while flipping through are the only things I'll watch.

Network TV? Yeesh, nothing new. Sports mostly.

South Park, Seinfeld, House Hunters International (wife loves it), and if I see a good movie while flipping through are the only things I'll watch.

I almost mentioned House Hunters also but my man card would have been in jeopardy. Yours is revoked.

But I like that show less than I used to. It's awesome when they have a budget of $1.2 million. But all they're showing these days is some single girl who has moved to Bangladesh to "teach English" who wants a 4 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom, with all the amenities for $6 a month. Lame.

The rare triple poast, what a moment in OOTB history.

And no way is my man card revoked, I said my wife likes that show and that it's on the TV...nothing about if I get mad when these idiots choose a place that sucks.

And no way is my man card revoked, I said my wife likes that show and that it's on the TV...nothing about if I get mad when these idiots choose a place that sucks.

You don’t need to watch the show. Chances are, they’re picking number 3, which is over budget but the realtor showed them anyway (knowing the budget they originally gave was bullshit).

I've gotten into this series on Vice - Dark Side of The 90s. Each episodes takes a dive into some cultural phenomenon of the decade. One is on the rise of black sitcoms; one is on the Branch Davidians and Heaven's Gate cults, one is on Beanie Babies, etc. Entertaining and nostalgic. I highly recommend.

Reactions: tarheelinfl
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT