ADVERTISEMENT

field peas and collard greens

Back to the OP. Peas slow cooked or speckled butter beans. Good with ribeyes also.
Collard chopped medium, no sugar added with smoked meat post frost

Reactions: bluetoe
well sure. If I lived two miles outside the city limits of Raleigh, there would be traffic signals and lines painted on the paved surfaces and all that shit. If I was asked where I live I would say Raleigh because that's what would generally be true. But if pressed for more detail, I would say I live just outside Raleigh.. Duh.

Look at a map. There is land between the Va. line and Mt. Airy that is above Mt. Airy and not Mt. Airy.. That's where I had understood @strummingram to say he was from, but it turns out I was wrong about that but right about the area. And that isn't even considering that changes have occurred since he would have been there.
I was just there this morning picking up some mountain cabbage.

up 52 is about 4 miles. About.”

If you are coming down 77 you would think the border is much farther north than it is.
and?

Are you imagining Mt. Airy's city limits facing Va. to be squared off? It isn't. How far it is to the border depends on where on the edge of town you are and what diection you're traveling. Why don't you just stop floundering around on this and admit that there is space between Mt. Airy and the Va. border, and that that space immediately adjacent to that space and the north end of town is normally also considered 'above' town? That's plenty of area for someone to be from. You.ve picked some pretty dumb hills to die on before but this one just might win the grand prize.

ETA; that's also plenty enough space to make this untrue... "There is nothing north of Mt. Airy but the Virginia border.".

Last edited:
and?

Are you imagining Mt. Airy's city limits facing Va. to be squared off? It isn't. How far it is to the border depends on where on the edge of town you are and what diection you're traveling. Why don't you just stop floundering around on this and admit that there is space between Mt. Airy and the Va. border, and that that space immediately adjacent to that space and the north end of town is normally also considered 'above' town? That's plenty of area for someone to be from. You.ve picked some pretty dumb hills to die on before but this one just might win the grand prize.

ETA; that's also plenty enough space to make this untrue... "There is nothing north of Mt. Airy but the Virginia border.".
Wow….lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT