ADVERTISEMENT

Ft bragg

Thought they already changed it. Feels like they've talked about it for decades.

Ft. Liberty, I think. Couldn't they at least have chosen Ft. Freedom? Much better ring to it.

Pretty soon, they'll have managed to so de-emphasize our country's defense that military installations will be considered much like sports franchises. The Fort Liberty "Jumpin' Jacks", maybe.

When we are struggling to enlist good people isn't the time to make a mockery of the military.

Reactions: Archer2
Bragg was a shitty general anyway, and he chose to fight for traitors to the United States.

Fort Trout-Line!

I wish we could trade you for the two Americans being held in Russia. You’d be in a country more to your liking and they’d be thrilled to be back home.
I'm not sure they care much for virtue-signalers in Russia, but there's only one way to find out..

Reactions: Archer2
I wish we could trade you for the two Americans being held in Russia. You’d be in a country more to your liking and they’d be thrilled to be back home.
Did I say anything that wasn't true? He was a terrible general. He was one of the worst generals of that war, on either side. He also led troops that killed American soldiers.

I suppose it's for the best since he fought for the losers. The United States won the war. Embrace that fact and revel in it. If you claim to "love this country", then you look pretty foolish defending its enemies throughout history. Let's have Fort Cornwallis and Fort Rommel, too! Wouldn't wanna overlook those awesome assets to American military success. I'm in favor of celebrating AMERICAN military figures... not America's enemies.

Last edited:
Reactions: blazers
I'm not sure they care much for virtue-signalers in Russia, but there's only one way to find out..
They love traitors of the United States, and people who defend the traitors. You fit that bill along with Archie. You have a fondness for countries, and military leaders, that killed Americans, with the objective of destroying this country. If that's loving this country, it's a pretty fvcked-up way of showing it.

Last edited:
Did I say anything that wasn't true? He was a terrible general. He was one of the worst generals of that war, on either side. He also led troops that killed American soldiers.

I suppose it's for the best since he fought for the losers. The United States won the war. Embrace that fact and revel in it. If you claim to "love this country", then you look pretty foolish defending its enemies throughout history. Let's have Fort Cornwallis and Fort Rommel, too! Wouldn't wanna overlook those awesome assets to American military success. I'm in favor of celebrating AMERICAN military figures... not America's enemies.
The Confederacy was no enemy of the Union until the Union made it one. It was not traitorous to withdraw from a Union when that Union based participation on the sovereignty of its member States, and therefor the freedom of those States to determine their own destiny. The criminality was Lincoln's decision to force the Confederate States back into the Union by way of military force.

And it's strange for you to say you only want to celebrate American heroes while you maintain that those people whose names you defile were never NOT Americans. The signature of a libtard is when he bases his argument on contradicting notions in a wayward attempt to validate his nonsensical, emotionally overwrought viewpoint.

That being said, I'm happy, as I'm sure @Archer2 is, that those States are now part of the Union. We don't dwell on the rights and wrongs of the past, because we don't have a bizarre need to virtue-signal and try to demonstrate a position of moral superiority by living as if it was 150 plus years ago. We don't drag the past into the present out of some desperate attempt to play hero to people who need no such help. We live in the present, where present dangers exist. Absurd, head-stuck-in-the-past attitudes like yours are detrimental to the health of America, as are your desires to turn America into some sort of anti-America.

You want to identify traitors? Look at those who continue, for no valid reason, to condemn States that comprise a large part of America.

That would be you, traitor.

The Confederacy was no enemy of the Union until the Union made it one. It was not traitorous to withdraw from a Union when that Union based participation on the sovereignty of its member States, and therefor the freedom of those States to determine their own destiny. The criminality was Lincoln's decision to force the Confederate States back into the Union by way of military force.

And it's strange for you to say you only want to celebrate American heroes while you maintain that those people whose names you defile were never NOT Americans. The signature of a libtard is when he bases his argument on contradicting notions in a wayward attempt to validate his nonsensical, emotionally overwrought viewpoint.

That being said, I'm happy, as I'm sure @Archer2 is, that those States are now part of the Union. We don't dwell on the rights and wrongs of the past, because we don't have a bizarre need to virtue-signal and try to demonstrate a position of moral superiority by living as if it was 150 plus years ago. We don't drag the past into the present out of some desperate attempt to play hero to people who need no such help. We live in the present, where present dangers exist. Absurd, head-stuck-in-the-past attitudes like yours are detrimental to the health of America, as are your desires to turn America into some sort of anti-America.

You want to identify traitors? Look at those who continue, for no valid reason, to condemn States that comprise a large part of America.

That would be you, traitor.
"The Confederacy was no enemy of the Union..."

You might wanna travel back in time and tell that to the Confederacy. It, they, them vehemently disagree with you. Your history is misinformed and lost cause propaganda...much like your social world view

"The Confederacy was no enemy of the Union..."

You might wanna travel back in time and tell that to the Confederacy. It, they, them vehemently disagree with you. Your history is misinformed and lost cause propaganda...much like your social world view
your 'lost cause' dogma is itself a lost cause. And try paying attention. And try not taking partial quotes out of context just so it looks like you have an argument. I said the Confederacy was no enemy of the Union until the Union made it one. Then, of course it was an enemy.

your 'lost cause' dogma is itself a lost cause. And try paying attention. And try not taking partial quotes out of context just so it looks like you have an argument. I said the Confederacy was no enemy of the Union until the Union made it one. Then, of course it was an enemy.
Yeah, you write it over and over and it's wrong over and over. History proves you wrong over and over and over. I take partial quotes because I already know the history and don't feel like reading your Lost cause interpretation BS. The Confederacy fought against the United States. The Confederacy killed more US soldiers and US military than any other world power in the history of the country. Honoring the enemies of the United States is not really something I'm in favor of. But you keep doing it, because you love the country so much. You're a joke.

Union is a misnomer, it's a mischaracterization. The union is the United States. The USA. Trying to soften it with words like the union, yankees, the north, federals, or any other Lost cause propaganda identification, it's just more Lost cause propaganda.

Listen and learn:

I used to apologize for the Confederacy... most of my adult life. Then, I realized the Lost Cause was a very orchestrated revisionist whitewashing (very WHITE) of secession, the war, and more importantly AFTER the war. It began in the Old South, but was reinforced by the whole nation, after the war and well into the 20th Century. Once I realized I'd been believing lies, and I had been pushing those same lies, I was humble enough to stop it and adhere to the real truth of historical evidence.

Didn't Hank Azaria stop voicing that character?
Yes. He bitched out because people were complaining. I don't think Apu has had an extended speaking part since then. I was hoping they would write him off the show, because of it.

@strummingram, no where have I ever depicted the Confederacy as some heroic establishment. That's just you doing what you do, putting words in someone's mouth so that you can vent your psychotic hate.

Neither the North or the South was blameless at the time of the Civil War, but the plain truth, the undeniable truth to those who want to deal with facts and not emotional hysteria, is that there would have been no war had Lincoln not decided to force the Confederate States back into the Union. That is all I've said regarding the war, but I have pushed back against uninformed idiots who continue to demonize the South while neglecting to...REFUSING to in some cases...look at the other side of the coin.

Slavery was an issue figuring into the Confederates States decision to withdraw, but no war was fought over the issue of slavery. The war was fought because the Confederate States decided to no longer be part of the Union, and Lincoln wouldn't accept that. Popular opinion at that time in the North was ambivalent about whether the South stayed or left.

And BTW, I say Union not for the idiocy you claim but because of what you're too stupid to recognize, even though you keep spouting it yourself...that Lincoln considered the Confederate States to still be American States, so it's only sensible to distinguish the two sides as they did then...Union and Confederacy.

It's amazing how ridiculous you can be when you get emotional over something that happened over 150 years ago. But that's what libtards do...all feels and no brains. If you can ever calm down, try reading some factual material instead of relying on cartoons for an education.

@strummingram, no where have I ever depicted the Confederacy as some heroic establishment. That's just you doing what you do, putting words in someone's mouth so that you can vent your psychotic hate.

Neither the North or the South was blameless at the time of the Civil War, but the plain truth, the undeniable truth to those who want to deal with facts and not emotional hysteria, is that there would have been no war had Lincoln not decided to force the Confederate States back into the Union. That is all I've said regarding the war, but I have pushed back against uninformed idiots who continue to demonize the South while neglecting to...REFUSING to in some cases...look at the other side of the coin.

Slavery was an issue figuring into the Confederates States decision to withdraw, but no war was fought over the issue of slavery. The war was fought because the Confederate States decided to no longer be part of the Union, and Lincoln wouldn't accept that. Popular opinion at that time in the North was ambivalent about whether the South stayed or left.

And BTW, I say Union not for the idiocy you claim but because of what you're too stupid to recognize, even though you keep spouting it yourself...that Lincoln considered the Confederate States to still be American States, so it's only sensible to distinguish the two sides as they did then...Union and Confederacy.

It's amazing how ridiculous you can be when you get emotional over something that happened over 150 years ago. But that's what libtards do...all feels and no brains. If you can ever calm down, try reading some factual material instead of relying on cartoons for an education.
Riiight... no "feeling" in anything you offer! LOL

That Lincoln... what a tyrant! LOL

Yes. He bitched out because people were complaining. I don't think Apu has had an extended speaking part since then. I was hoping they would write him off the show, because of it.
I used to LOVE the Simpsons. The first 5-6 years, it was cutting-edge, to me. The same goes for ALL animated, adult comedies. South Park, Family Guy, KOTH... all of them. After about the 4th/5th season... they start to lose something. If anyone had told me in 1990, when I first saw "Call Of The Simpsons" (still one of my favorites), that it would still be on TV in 33 years, I would NEVER have believed it.

Riiight... no "feeling" in anything you offer! LOL

That Lincoln... what a tyrant! LOL

of course I have feelings. But I don't allow my feelings to override my intelligent considerations.

Lincoln was not exactly a tyrant, but thanks for proving my contention that you put words in someone's mouth just so you can have something to get hysterical over. Not a tyrant, but he was wrong in starting a war with the Confederacy, which had every right to self-determination. He did not force them back into the Union to end slavery. He ended slavery ONLY IN SELECTED STATES as war strategy, and he did not pronounce freedom for slaves in States that weren't part of the Confederacy. It was actually a good number of years after the war ended that slavery was finally abolished.

So try to get this last fact through your hysterical skull. You say the war was fought to end slavery, yet slavery was not abolished as a result of the war being won by the Union. Splain that, Lucy.

of course I have feelings. But I don't allow my feelings to override my intelligent considerations.

Lincoln was not exactly a tyrant, but thanks for proving my contention that you put words in someone's mouth just so you can have something to get hysterical over. Not a tyrant, but he was wrong in starting a war with the Confederacy, which had every right to self-determination. He did not force them back into the Union to end slavery. He ended slavery ONLY IN SELECTED STATES as war strategy, and he did not pronounce freedom for slaves in States that weren't part of the Confederacy. It was actually a good number of years after the war ended that slavery was finally abolished.

So try to get this last fact through your hysterical skull. You say the war was fought to end slavery, yet slavery was not abolished as a result of the war being won by the Union. Splain that, Lucy.
My daughter asked me once why slaves were not freed all at the same time. It was early in middle school. I told her to present that question based on fact to her teacher.

I've never seen someone just be so wrong about that part of American history. Lincoln started the war? You actually BELIEVE that. I dunno why I even bother. It was Lincoln who raided the federal arsenals all over the South, confiscating ordinance that belonged to the United States and gave it to the seceding states they were in.Abe Lincoln seceded the lower southern states from the USA after he was elected. Lincoln fired on Fort Sumter (another attempt to confiscate Federal ordinance that didn't belong to them), Lincoln seceded the upper South states AFTER Fort Sumter. That fvcker was everywhere. Did he have a cape?

The states in the CSA were afraid of losing their property, their entire way of life due to chattel slavery. They refused to accept a fair presidential election and decided they were going to leave by force, and they proceeded to do just that. Their Articles of Secession are all loaded with exactly why they were leaving and how the black race was naturally ordained by God to be subjugated by the white race. Read Alexander Stephens "Cornerstone Speech" for even more clarity. Or, here... listen to it...

Whenever the freeing occurred, it occurred because the traitors lost the war, and lost everything in the process. They did, however, win the peace AFTER the war. The white race- nationally- wasn't ready for black equality. The reason this has to be repeated and reminded to every generation is because of fvckwits like you that keep perpetuating Lost Cause propaganda, generation after generation. When Confederate apologists stop defending the Confederacy, it's entirely possible that "virtue signalling" will cease. You keep lying about history, and you'll continue to be reminded that you're lying about history.

Goodnight, Irene.

^^^^^ all that blather for nothing. Very simply, South Carolina fired on Ft. Sumter when the federals there refused to leave what South Carolina rightfully considered to be their real estate. There was a contract with SC to have a federal installation there, but that was when SC was a State in the Union. You can argue either way, but it's a reasonable argument that any contract was voided when SC left the Union. At any rate, the federal refusal to leave the fort is what instigated the war.

The Feds refusing to leave SC territory was a de facto invasion and seizure of South Carolina land. That is how the war started. Common sense dictates that the South was in no way seeking a war with anybody. Why would they provoke one? But common sense is something you have in very short supply. You have virtue-signaling.

Meanwhile, all you have to do is read something besides some cartoon and you'll find that Lincoln himself stated unequivocally that slavery was not the issue that made him go to war, preservation of the Union was.

Good night, dummy.

My daughter asked me once why slaves were not freed all at the same time. It was early in middle school. I told her to present that question based on fact to her teacher.
when some issue is of such import and is so emotional, it seems nobody wants to deal with the facts. But facts are facts, and I'm happy to hear that I'm not the only one that likes to deal with them instead of going hysterical.

People like strum immediately start assigning bad intentions to anyone who doesn't join in his emotionally distorted view. I'm not arguing good or bad, just presenting the undeniable fact that Lincoln freed the slaves ONLY in Confederate States, during the war, and that in order to trip up the Confederacy. It was a strategic move and not a societal one. He did nothing about slavery in the States that did not join the Confederacy, and when slavery was finally abolished for good in those States, it was when those States decided to do so.

I'd love to know what the teacher told your daughter. Please give her a pat on the back for me for having the presence of mind to ask that question. There's hope for America!

I've never seen someone just be so wrong about that part of American history. Lincoln started the war? You actually BELIEVE that. I dunno why I even bother. It was Lincoln who raided the federal arsenals all over the South, confiscating ordinance that belonged to the United States and gave it to the seceding states they were in.Abe Lincoln seceded the lower southern states from the USA after he was elected. Lincoln fired on Fort Sumter (another attempt to confiscate Federal ordinance that didn't belong to them), Lincoln seceded the upper South states AFTER Fort Sumter. That fvcker was everywhere. Did he have a cape?
Don't forget about hunting vampires too.

MV5BNjY2Mzc0MDA4NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTg5OTcxNw@@._V1_.jpg

• Love
Reactions: strummingram
when some issue is of such import and is so emotional, it seems nobody wants to deal with the facts. But facts are facts, and I'm happy to hear that I'm not the only one that likes to deal with them instead of going hysterical.

People like strum immediately start assigning bad intentions to anyone who doesn't join in his emotionally distorted view. I'm not arguing good or bad, just presenting the undeniable fact that Lincoln freed the slaves ONLY in Confederate States, during the war, and that in order to trip up the Confederacy. It was a strategic move and not a societal one. He did nothing about slavery in the States that did not join the Confederacy, and when slavery was finally abolished for good in those States, it was when those States decided to do so.

I'd love to know what the teacher told your daughter. Please give her a pat on the back for me for having the presence of mind to ask that question. There's hope for America!
I am one who can see several sides to how history was. Different time/different mindset. Victors version verses losers.
I don't take sides of events of that time. But I'm also not foolish enough to believe everything spouted either.

Reactions: bluetoe
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT