ADVERTISEMENT

Harold Varner III wins the LIV DC event

bluetoe

Hall of Famer
Aug 14, 2012
Varner, from Gastonia, won his first pro tournament...and if I'm not mistaken, is donating the entire pot to his charitable foundation. I've pulled for him every time he's been in a PGA tournament mostly because he's a NC boy. But there's a lot more to him, it seems, and I think a lot of the other pros were pulling for him too. His family is beautiful and tight, as witnessed after the last hole was completed and he won. He seems humble and likeable and I may have found my new favorite golfer.

Very good guy… He actually won twice both overseas… Won the Australia PGA and then last year won an event over in Saudi Arabia by draining a 90’ birdie putt on the 72nd hole to beat Bubba Watson…

Reactions: gteeitup
he’s a good dude…very fun to play with per some of the pros.

i’m going to try to get to the event at greenbrier in august, hope he’s there.
yeah, another funny thing...I noticed on one late hole, he was walking along with his playing partner from the tee to their tee shots, and he was jabbering with him the whole way. It was mostly him, but Pereira didn't seem to mind. Then again though, I'm not sure he even understood what Varner was saying.

It would be hard for me to focus as intensely as some do on the tours. I can do it, but it sometimes tends to tighten me up. I'd be more likely to try to stay loose with some occasional banter.

Re: LIV, it has taken me a bit to get used to the different dress code and the style of the telecast, but I like it now.

Greenbrier would be a good one, or at least it looks to be that way on TV. Very interesting course and surroundings.

Reactions: gteeitup
that didn’t take long haha…can’t wait to hear brandel chamblee on the merger between the pga & liv.

that didn’t take long haha…can’t wait to hear brandel chamblee on the merger between the pga & liv.
what I'm curious about is if the merged entity will display merged ideas like players wearing shorts. Also, who gets the TV rights? I liked the way the leaderboard was shown on the LIV casts.

PGA looks pretty stupid in all of this. They should have worked with them from the beginning. Would have been best for everyone involved. I'm curious how it's going to work since LIV has a lot of differences. Maybe they just plan to keep it kinda separate like they do the European tour.

LOLOLOLOL. This is great. LIV golfers got a massive pay day and now they're back on the PGA Tour. And whiney bitches like McIlroy look like cucks.

Oh, and Twitter is on fire right now about all this. Great stuff.

PGA looks pretty stupid in all of this. They should have worked with them from the beginning. Would have been best for everyone involved. I'm curious how it's going to work since LIV has a lot of differences. Maybe they just plan to keep it kinda separate like they do the European tour.

It's going to end up a total win for LIV. They'll have their outlaw offshoot still but the better guys will be showing up in Majors. PGA will probably get some of that endless LIV money but in the end, LIV won on this. Big time.

It's going to end up a total win for LIV. They'll have their outlaw offshoot still but the better guys will be showing up in Majors. PGA will probably get some of that endless LIV money but in the end, LIV won on this. Big time.
I agree, but I don't see a way to fully integrate, because of the differences. My guess the PGA will just remove the ban on players playing in both tours and allow them to get points in the rankings. LIV might make some minor modifications like becoming a little more formal and not as casual. Another big question is how do the Saudis fit in? The PGA needs them for the big LIV money.

Reactions: gunslingerdick
the pga tour and their loyalty haha…they’ll enjoy the injection of cash from liv.

i’d love to see shorts and shotgun starts for sure…i also enjoy the team events for prize money.

Reactions: tarheel0910
They're sending some guys to learn how to fly american planes.
golf-kid.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT