ADVERTISEMENT

Heels LAX

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
is on ESPNU

at the half, Heels lead Hopkins 7-5.

I'm not going to post this on the basketball board. It would only irritate the many tampons over there, as they prefer to pretend that UNC has 1 sport.

9-9 at the end of the 3rd.

My assessment of Breschi made 2 years ago remains: I don't think he can ever win it all.

Quint Kessenich just made avery good point regarding regular season games mattering. He said that in lacrosse, they all do, especially against any Name foe. He then said that in football they all may matter too much, and in basketball they don't matter at all.

There is a good deal of truth in that.

Tar Heels close with 5 consecutive goals to win 15-11.

If a Breschi team could play smart team lacrosse on both ends for whole games, they could win it all. But that seems to be a big 'if.'

is on ESPNU

at the half, Heels lead Hopkins 7-5.

I'm not going to post this on the basketball board. It would only irritate the many tampons over there, as they prefer to pretend that UNC has 1 sport.

Be careful now, a certain mod will show up and bitch you out for implying that there are BB only fans.

Quint Kessenich just made avery good point regarding regular season games mattering. He said that in lacrosse, they all do, especially against any Name foe. He then said that in football they all may matter too much, and in basketball they don't matter at all.

There is a good deal of truth in that.

I like Kessenich and he was right here.

As far as Breschi- if he couldn't win it with last year's team, gonna be tough to ever win one. But I still like him and want him as our coach.

Here, in far western North Carolina, folks may be basketball fans but none seem to be football fans.

Some of my local friends follow UNC basketball but SEC football.

Here, in far western North Carolina, folks may be basketball fans but none seem to be football fans.

Blows my mind how so many native North Carolinians just dismiss the game of football. Give me a college football matchup between two 6-6 teams over a Top 5 college basketball clash any day of the week. JMO.

Oops :oops:

Totally down with Heels lax. When I can, I do watch it -- although I don't understand a lick of the sport.

Great game, a combination between soccer and hockey. We have a fine tradition with four titles, but haven't won one in 25 years. The ACC is probably the toughest conference in the country with dook, UVA, Syracuse, and UNC all perennial contenders. We've got the defending champs Saturday at Fetzer Field, #2 ranked Denver who is 4-0 with a victory over #4 ranked dook. Game time is 1:00 on ESPN3, with a delayed replay on ESPNU at 11:30 PM. Don't get ESPN3 so I'll probably catch the replay.

Great game, a combination between soccer and hockey. We have a fine tradition with four titles, but haven't won one in 25 years. The ACC is probably the toughest conference in the country with dook, UVA, Syracuse, and UNC all perennial contenders. We've got the defending champs Saturday at Fetzer Field, #2 ranked Denver who is 4-0 with a victory over #4 ranked dook. Game time is 1:00 on ESPN3, with a delayed replay on ESPNU at 11:30 PM. Don't get ESPN3 so I'll probably catch the replay.
Thanks for the heads up!

Doesn't everyone get ESPN3? It's not an actual station, its online streaming from ESPN's site.
Everyone doesn't get it because some internet service providers don't purchase it from ESPN. For instance, I used to have AT&T as an internet provider and, at that point in time, they didn't have ESPN3. I'd say almost all internet providers provide it now though.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
Well crap. Lost 13-12 in OT. We should have had this one. We have had some real battles with Denver. I'm starting not to like those guys.

This team really isn't going to be very good this year. 3rd in the ACC would be alright but not a guarantee, as well as making the tournament. We just lost too much firepower to graduation.

This team really isn't going to be very good this year. 3rd in the ACC would be alright but not a guarantee, as well as making the tournament. We just lost too much firepower to graduation.
The younguns don't recall when UNC was a Beast in lacrosse and UNC-Syracuse was as big as regular season rivalry as the sport had.

Breschi strikes me as an up and down coach. His teams will play well and then play poorly, and so on.

QUOTE="Roady, post: 446136, member: 7569"]Here, in far western North Carolina, folks may be basketball fans but none seem to be football fans.

Some of my local friends follow UNC basketball but SEC football.[/QUOTE]
Not entirely true. I have lots of hard core UNC football fans amongst my friends and I have lived in Brevard or Cullowhee all my life. We meet to watch all games and go to one or two a year. We also hate anything to do with f---ing rocky top or the color orange. We are also UNC all sports fans. If it is played by the Heels, they are our favorite team. I live in Western North Carolina, not east Tennessee. Screw the Vols!

Where do you live? Near the Tennessee border? Like Billheel said, plenty of UNC fball fans in Asheville vacinity.

QUOTE="Roady, post: 446136, member: 7569"]Here, in far western North Carolina, folks may be basketball fans but none seem to be football fans.

Not entirely true. I have lots of hard core UNC football fans amongst my friends and I have lived in Brevard or Cullowhee all my life. We meet to watch all games and go to one or two a year. We also hate anything to do with f---ing rocky top or the color orange. We are also UNC all sports fans. If it is played by the Heels, they are our favorite team. I live in Western North Carolina, not east Tennessee. Screw the Vols![/QUOTE]
I was born in TN and still in TN once again. And I say to Hell with the Vols.

Heels lacrosse versus Maryland on ESPNU at 2 Eastern/ 1 Central.

Right now on ESPNU, Syracuse is playing Dook.

I forgot to note earlier: UNC at Dook right now on ESPNU. End of the 1st Heels lead 5-3.

Headed to the 4th: 13-12 Heels

Heels looked dead to start the 3rd. Nice recovery.

Pontrello! And good guys lead 16-14 a little over 2 mins to play.

And just like that we choke, and shit the bed. That was terrible game planning to end the quarter.

Going to OT and I can't help but think that coaching cost us right there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT