ADVERTISEMENT

Heels LAX

There are few things in sports more rewarding than beating Maryland. Their fans are the worst, most foul mouthed, uncouth in all of sports and they left the ACC because of "Carolina Bias"

They should have said that they left the ACC so as not to have to play UNC so frequently.

Breschi is an alum and as fine a man as you would ever want to meet. The day we start firing a guy like that for only making it to the Final 8, as his teams had done plenty of times, is a sad day for Carolina.

University of National Champions!

GDTBATH
Maryland fans are terrible, but I don't know if they are the worst. Consider Wuffies.

The announcers kept saying all weekend that only once had a school won both men's and women's lacrosse National Titles in the same year - Princeton in 1994. Denying that to Maryland while bringing it to Chapel Hill is priceless.

Maryland fans are terrible, but I don't know if they are the worst. Consider Wuffies.

The announcers kept saying all weekend that only once had a school won both men's and women's lacrosse National Titles in the same year - Princeton in 1994. Denying that to Maryland while bringing it to Chapel Hill is priceless.

Wuffies are terrible no doubt, but they have no success. Maryland at least has something.

But ultimately, you can sum up Maryland fans by saying they are the Yankee version of Moo fans. Which one is worse?

Speaking of the peckers, here's to the tweet of the day:

13310614_1185785724819041_1688771850033395324_n.jpg

I was going to do a separate post on Coach Breschi win or lose.

I was completely wrong about him as a coach and his ability to get his team to win big games.

Last year around this time I called for his head after yet another frustrating loss.

I got into it with another poster and bad blood was created.
I have been following Carolina lacrosse since the late 70s and felt we were so far away from the glory days of the 80s that my frustration got the best of me

No excuses though I was just plain WRONG... as wrong and hasty in my judgment as I could possibly have been about Coach Breschi, his program and what his players felt feel and think of him

As a person he is someone that has had real sorrow and pain in his life, losing his 3 year old son in a car accident several years ago.

His persistence, caring for his players and the class he demonstrated really was a revelation to me the last few weeks..he is the type of man that if I had a son ,I would want him to play for Coach Breschi

This teams performance will go down in the history of Carolina athletics as one of the very Best, and Coach Breschi deserves all the praise and credit that comes his way.

I humbly dine at the table of remorse and eat my plate of crow knowing that in the future I will be less likely to have my frustrations and emotions get the best of me again.

In the meantime, all praise, glory and honor for a fantastic job by Coach Breschi his staff and the players ...they are truly CHAMPIONS
It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong. This is one of the more gracious posts I've ever seen on this site. Kudos to you, sir. You have earned a great deal of respect.

Breschi deserves a ton of credit for the title. It was evident early in the season, after embarrassing losses to Hofstra and UMass, that this team had some serious deficiencies. Rather than limp through the season, they found a way to focus on their strengths and downplay their weaknesses. The Heels got hot at just the right time and strung together their longest winning streak of the year in the tourney. Feels pretty damn good to be a Tar Heel today.

Reactions: UNC71-00
It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong. This is one of the more gracious posts I've ever seen on this site. Kudos to you, sir. You have earned a great deal of respect.

Breschi deserves a ton of credit for the title. It was evident early in the season, after embarrassing losses to Hofstra and UMass, that this team had some serious deficiencies. Rather than limp through the season, they found a way to focus on their strengths and downplay their weaknesses. The Heels got hot at just the right time and strung together their longest winning streak of the year in the tourney. Feels pretty damn good to be a Tar Heel today.
I said when we beat ND in regular season, that this team could beat anybody in the country when it played up to its potential. And then Syracuse showed the other end of the spectrum.

It was a great job by everyone to keep working and improving.

My wife (who generally doesn't have much of an opinion about teams other than the ones she cheers for):

"Even better that it's against those Maryland thugs."

Apparently there's an exception.
Navy stopped paying Maryland in football in the 1960s, because players and fans both were dirty trash.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT