ADVERTISEMENT

Heels vs Canes gamethread

After the embarrassment of the lost to FSU last week at home I expect a whole different team to show up this afternoon…

1z9cuo.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: tarheel0910
I sure hope so. I will watch the game, but gotta be honest... I am not anticipating much different from the Heels.
Always remember that the wildly inconsistent team can follow up the worst performance with one that looks like a dominating Top 10 team.

There's the obvious good part of that: get a big W here and there. But the bad is what kills: the Ws keep breeding optimism that overrules much of what you learn from the awful games.

Today, I lean toward UNC looking pretty good, with Mack again making Diaz look bad.

If the Canes do lose, the anti-Diaz people among Miami boosters will gain more influence.

Does not look like a very big crowd as fair weathered fans who only want to show up when the Heels are winning are either home or are at the State Fair…

In 7 plays Carolina marches down the field and Chandler gets paydirt after a long run. Atkins PAT and the good guys lead 7-0. Offensive line opened up a big hole and Chandler took it to the house. Now let’s see if the defense decides to show up today…

Two bad passes by Van Dyke forces a Miami punt after just three plays. The Hurricanes before the punt by their great punter for some reason take a early timeout…

Kinda funny how well the offense works when Longo takes the advice of a bunch of message board poasters

• Haha
Reactions: TarHeelMark
Carolina responds quickly as Howell hits Downs on a simple slant from 45 yards out and it is 14-7. Offensive line giving Howell plenty of time to find a receiver so far…

I think we've reached the part of the season where the team performs just well enough to save Longo and Bateman, thus condemning the program to another 2-3 years of mediocrity.

• Sad
Reactions: TarHeelMark
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT