ADVERTISEMENT

How much music do you listen to?

TarHeelMark

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 21, 2006
Southern Part of Heaven
A recent report stated that the average person listens to 27 hours of music per week. I probably listen to more than that in a typical week: maybe 30 - 35 hours. My momma always told me I was "above average", so I guess she was right - at least in this case.

For me, I have spotify on my headphones at work pretty much all day, (except when I'm in meetings). In the car, I don't have satellite but there are some HD radio channels I can listen to that don't play commercials, so I usually tune in to that.

7 minutes to work and 15 minutes home from work. Sirius subscription is kinda a waste of money now that you've made me think about it.
Yeah, I got the free 3 months or whatever with my last car purchase, but couldn't justify keeping it since my commute was only about 20 minutes. We got the family deal on Spotify premium which is about $15/month, however with 4 people using it (and all of us have different tastes), it's been worth it to listen to pretty much any album I want with no commercials. And, I can just blue-tooth connect and play while in the car as well.

As for the HD channels, for anyone in triad NC area, try 98.7 on their HD2 channel. It's rock/pop from anywhere from the 60's through today's stuff with nice variety.

All day, every day.

I have cut my TV watching down to nothing. Sports and the occasional movie are about it. So I find other things to do (projects around the house, fiddle in my shop, ping pong with my kids) and usually have music on when doing it. I'd say I'm over that 27 hour threshold but obviously I'm not keeping track.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
All I listen to these days is contemporary worship music. I have you tube premium which give me ad free on you tube and you tube music. I watch alot of you tube videos as well. Mostly wood working and reef aquarium related

All the time. In my car for work most days and SiriusXM has lots to choose from. My current fave is 40’s junction. Big band, swing, and jazz from the ww2 era, and my 9 year old loves it too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT