ADVERTISEMENT

Hubert Davis…RESIGN

I ain’t ever seen a bunch of grown folk so bent over a season of sports.

I remember being bent like this in ‘08. Crying on the couch next to my dad bc we were getting thumped in the Final Four.

Man, it’s Carolina Basketball: Can’t stand prosperity. If you’ve watched long enough, you know this happens.

Just breathe, relax, go to therapy, maybe? Spend time with your family and up off the boards.

Idk, just do whatever you gotta do to stop bashing a bunch of guys who you claim to be “fans” of who also won’t ever see what you write. 😂

Reactions: khedges54 and RP12

I remember being bent like this in ‘08. Crying on the couch next to my dad bc we were getting thumped in the Final Four.

Man, it’s Carolina Basketball: Can’t stand prosperity. If you’ve watched long enough, you know this happens.

Just breathe, relax, go to therapy, maybe? Spend time with your family and up off the boards.

Idk, just do whatever you gotta do to stop bashing a bunch of guys who you claim to be “fans” of who also won’t ever see what you write. 😂
Actually it doesn't if you have watched Carolina basketball for over 40 years

Teams with this much experience don't miss the tournament or have double digit loss seasons.

They improve with experience.

They get paid to play now. Results are expected. Fans is short for fanatics.

Actually it doesn't if you have watched Carolina basketball for over 40 years

Teams with this much experience don't miss the tournament or have double digit loss seasons.

They improve with experience.

They get paid to play now. Results are expected. Fans is short for fanatics.
If last year's team had lost 4 starters rather than returning 4 starters this season's record would be somewhat understandable. That wouldn't make it any more fun to watch, but replacing 80% of your starting lineup can cripple an entire season.

Year 2 while returning 4 starters.

Go ahead and ignore the obvious.
And the 3 previous years BLOWN OUT by Mississippi State and Wisconsin in the 1st round, and not even being a tourney team in the Covid year. Oh, what happened in between, with the new coach? National runner up. OK

• Love
Reactions: khedges54
Hubert comes into one of the most pressure packed positions in all of college basketball. He had never coached a D1 game. He decides to jettison an offensive system(he had extensive experience with) and install the new age 4 out 1 in system(which is basically his idea that will get Carolina back in elite HS players living rooms). He picks assistants with no direct experience in the new offense. The Carolina family has plenty of resources that would gladly assist Hubert implement his new idea on the court.

What we are seeing is the most simplistic, unsophisticated version of the 4 out 1 in system. It is indeed not a system but merely a couple sets designed to create a shot(dead end sets). It is this system that creates hurried, contested shots, Calebs open 30 footers, Bacot double teams with no patterned outlet, or guards rim attacks that end up being swallowed up defensively with no outlet. Hubert cannot fixed this problem during this season(this year is done). New players do not fix this offense. Hubert has got to get some intervention(immediately after season end) so his new age idea can become a legitimate offensive system. If not, next 2 seasons will be even worse.

And the 3 previous years BLOWN OUT by Mississippi State and Wisconsin in the 1st round, and not even being a tourney team in the Covid year. Oh, what happened in between, with the new coach? National runner up. OK

Yes.. Roy lost many NC games.

Never missed the tournament the following year.

I'm hoping we win the ACC tournament.

That would make the season great to me.

Yes.. Roy lost many NC games.

Never missed the tournament the following year.

I'm hoping we win the ACC tournament.

That would make the season great to me.
I'm saying the team he took over was not even a contender. They went to the title game under Hubert in year one. It is his second year now, did they grossly over achieve in year one? Carolina was stuggling when Roy left.

He hasn’t been great but to resign just ain’t right. He can recruit he’s proven that, but seems like he struggles with the X and Os what I think he needs is a former head coach with 20 years of experience that he can have as a top assistant, someone to bounce ideas off . I think that would
Help a lot
DOH could recruit too!
He left Roy a NCAA Championship team.

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
Not true. He and García rotated starting. Manek had the first basket of the year for UNC last year, which was a 3. He had 20 in his debut…a game he started.

Correct. They rotated the starting job. Thus it wasn’t HIS starting job. Thus, he hasn’t earned it yet.

People on this board dogged the hell out of me when I posted this last year.. especially after our lucky run in the tournament.. they thought I looked like an idiot.. hah! Jokes on ya'll. Hubert still sucks. Hope you're still happy!

People on this board dogged the hell out of me when I posted this last year.. especially after our lucky run in the tournament.. they thought I looked like an idiot.. hah! Jokes on ya'll. Hubert still sucks. Hope you're still happy!
It’s not a joking matter or an I told you so thing. I don’t like the way this year turned out either but guess what. Several billion Chinese could care less know what I mean?
Let’s see how he does with a new team next year. He is a good man and I think next year will give everyone a better idea on his coaching abilities. After all he didn’t miss 20 bunnies tonight, his players did…

It’s not a joking matter or an I told you so thing. I don’t like the way this year turned out either but guess what. Several billion Chinese could care less know what I mean?
Let’s see how he does with a new team next year. He is a good man and I think next year will give everyone a better idea on his coaching abilities. After all he didn’t miss 20 bunnies tonight, his players did…
This is way deeper than missing shots, he hasn't developed a bench, his players haven't improved from last season, and the team hasn't improved. They still havent changed anything, they cant score in the half court and look lost the second the defense takes away what they come out trying to do.

We shit the bed hiring a coach!

Hubert Davis and the shit show he has created will set this program back a decade if he coaches more than 3 years. he’s abandoned a centuries worth of success to do things his own way which is just terrible at this point. Glad Roy let them hire the coach he wanted rather than hire the best coach out there. Erin Andrews has been a sports analyst for a while. Might as well throw her on a bench for a few years and slide her into the head job next, assuming she gets a degree from UNC in the next few years.

Oldschool he is a good man, but unfortunately that doesn’t make him a good coach. I too would like to see him with his own players, but I have my doubts. This teams 💯 has faults but our coaching staff hasn’t excelled.

Oldschool he is a good man, but unfortunately that doesn’t make him a good coach. I too would like to see him with his own players, but I have my doubts. This teams 💯 has faults but our coaching staff hasn’t excelled.

Hubert wasn’t the lead recruiter for all these guys, not has he been working with our shooters. Nope, not at all. (sarcasm)

There’s no excuses for this. We have losing players and a losing coach. Terrible recipe.

I agree. I want to see if he can learn with his own players. Roy didn’t leave him much. Roy was left with a ton by Matty D. Who was a great recruiter but horrible coach.

Reactions: khedges54
not the coach, pleeeease

This is stupid. You can't really make a significant judgement on Hubert for many more years. DES didn't really take off until he got Larry Miller and added Gruber, Bunting and Clark (and then Charlie Scott). This group has been mediocre for 3 years save the run at the end last year. Just plain ridiculous.

Yes let's trash Roy to try and justify Hubert!
bold-commentary.gif

someone with a sensible sentiment--not a coach issue just yet. Fair weathered spoiled fans...

Reactions: RP12
i encourage you to watch Huberts post game presser from last night. the man is in total denial about the state of this teams. it’s sad at this point.

Reactions: 2000tiger
i encourage you to watch Huberts post game presser from last night. the man is in total denial about the state of this teams. it’s sad at this point.
If anyone has listened to him speak over the past two years then I’m sure nobody is surprised. The hyperbole and completely unrealistic things he spews related to his team and his players is just comical. I really wish he would just sit up there, honestly answer the questions from a realistic point of view.

I’ll never forget his comment about Styles and Dunn will be two of the best to ever play here.

The issue with this team is the lack of orderly progression of the offense. The lack of successful offensive flow of the ball demonstrates the players have failed to advance this offense to a higher level. This, at some point along the path, is the failure of Hubert/staff. This failure leads to bad decision making in shot selection, passing, attacking the rim, and all aspects of making decisions in "live action". This failure has created hurried, contested shots, late shot clock 30 footers, few clean catch and shoot passes being made, no backdoor cuts, Bacot double teams with no patterned outlet, or guards rim attacks that end up being swallowed up defensively with no outlet. Players do not want to look inept in decision making. They are not purposefully making bad decisions on passing, shot selection, etc. These players want to be successful. JMO, they are trying to execute a unsophisticated , inept, limited group of offensive sets that are easily planned for by opposing coaches, who know Hubert does not have a counter.

Bilas said it all with one word last nite. "Tertiary". A word you hear once in a decade(never heard it). He said Hubert Davis offense does not provide a tertiary option. It only provides Bacot with 2 options upon the entry post pass. They are: make a move to score or if doubled, pass to Nance(standing at the opposite wing). It was his way of saying Huberts offense is elementary.

If fans don not care deeply then they also watch much less often. And that means TV days are worth even less.

Unless you want the ACC to die from a poor TV deal compaerd to SEC and BT, then you have things backwards. WE need more passionate fans who make demands.

Reactions: gthreadgill7929
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT