Hall of Famer
Mar 9, 2007
Lowell, NC
. . . for the 10th time today.
Practiced all the things I would say.
When she came over . . .I lost my nerve
I took her back and made her dessert.

Now I know . . . I'm being used,
But that's okay man 'cause I like the abuse.
I know . . .she's playin' with me,
But that's okay 'cause I've got no self-esteem."

I had it on *tape* - probably copied from a friend. As a teen I would play it while I mowed the lawn, loud enough to hear the headphones over the mower. Probably why I can't hear anything my wife tells me now. Also probably cut my average mowing time by a good 20-30 percent.

^ Nice. I always listen to heavy stuff when I mow the grass....helps me get it done quicker.

Anyway, I made a spotify playlist over the weekend with a bunch of good 90's punk and ska stuff on there. Offspring, Reel Big Fish, Less than Jake, Goldfinger, Fishbone, Rancid, Mighty Might Bosstones, etc., and jammed to it a good bit while moving furniture around and doing other crap.

It's impossible to be in a bad mood when listening to that stuff

^ Nice. I always listen to heavy stuff when I mow the grass....helps me get it done quicker.

Anyway, I made a spotify playlist over the weekend with a bunch of good 90's punk and ska stuff on there. Offspring, Reel Big Fish, Less than Jake, Goldfinger, Fishbone, Rancid, Mighty Might Bosstones, etc., and jammed to it a good bit while moving furniture around and doing other crap.

It's impossible to be in a bad mood when listening to that stuff

I have heard of exactly none of these bands. I'm a gonna click your link now and see what happens.

ETA: so now I understand Nirvana

@UNC71-00 , not sure you'd like any of the stuff that is on the playlist I'm rocking, but I can't be sure. Try these on for size though and see if any tickle your fancy (I've filtered by songs that I think are most likely you'd like....but it's still a long shot).

This next one isn't 90's (sue me) but is like as polished as this band gets, so maybe you'll like it.

Otherwise.... [insert Grateful Dead track here]

Last edited:
I can't help it. I just get a kick out of this guy's musical spoofs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT