ADVERTISEMENT

Is McCants the least liked Tarheel player ever?

MarcRich

Freshman
Gold Member
Apr 24, 2021
This guy seems super bitter and takes every chance he gets to crap all over the program

IMO it’s Makhtar N'Diaye. Put Brendan Haywood on the “Starting 6” and UNC cuts down the nets in 1998. Nobody can convince me otherwise. N’Diaye and everything about him rubbed me the wrong way.

McCants has a ring. That alone puts him further down the list than the Wear Twins and He Who Must Not be Named. No doubt McCants has mental issues that factor in. I often think of the sad ending to Clifford Rozier. I hope McCants can find some peace.

No player has caused greater harm to the program.
I’m still not sure what his goal was or what he ever got out of it.
It’s annoying to see pics of Makhtar hugging Dean Smith. I remember all of the controversy about “should we ever accept another transfer again?”

Reactions: DaSheed
McCants is dumb, he gets clowned constantly on social media by his peers on the Gil Arenas podcast about basically being a bad pro player.

McCants is only known by a handful of people. It's ashame that as a pro player your only known for being a Kardashian boy toy at one time, other than UNC fans, nobody knew who he was when the Gil Arenas podcast first started becoming popular.

His insight on basketball is terrible, and really laughed at by guys on the show, that at least had a name, and some made all star teams, but not McCants.

Besides UNC there is no subject anyone cares to mention McCants. Even after throwing UNC under the bus years ago, I think Roy still embarrassed him.

That kid ain't right in the head!

Reactions: bIhawk and TPFKAPFS
McNameless has mental health issues and also has issues with personal responsibility. He also seems to have issues with either his memory or his ability to tell the difference between his perceptions and the truth. I feel more pity for him. Withdrew is hated and so is Delvon Roe to me even though he never attended UNC. I couldn't care less about the immature Wear twins other than I hope they actually grow some cajones. They really weren't good enough to be impactful. Mahktar never bothered me as much as he seems to trigger others. I don't really understand the angst surrounding him.

As much as I dislike McCants now, he can't be on my list of least favorite players. Without him, we have one fewer championships. I regret that he became such a bitter person. LD would be at the top of my list. The Wear twins are a close second due to their lack of cojones. From everything I heard, they snuck away without telling Roy or their teammates.

As much as I like Cadeau, and expect him to be a star, freshman Felton would have eaten freshman Cadeau alive on both ends of the floor.
Of the freshman PGs who started since Roy took over (Felton, Frasor, Lawson, Marshall, Paige, White, Anthony, Love), the only one I would definitively take Cadeau over is Bobby Frasor. Probably Marcus Paige? And because of recency bias probably Caleb Love.

This guy seems super bitter and takes every chance he gets to crap all over the program
He surely is the craziest, meaning most insane (not funny in an odd way). And he is about as selfishly vicious and delusional as they come.

Reactions: bIhawk
IMO it’s Makhtar N'Diaye. Put Brendan Haywood on the “Starting 6” and UNC cuts down the nets in 1998. Nobody can convince me otherwise. N’Diaye and everything about him rubbed me the wrong way.

McCants has a ring. That alone puts him further down the list than the Wear Twins and He Who Must Not be Named. No doubt McCants has mental issues that factor in. I often think of the sad ending to Clifford Rozier. I hope McCants can find some peace.
N'Diaye caused major trouble at Michigan. His rep was well known. Dottering Dean took him anyway, probably assuming that being Saint Dean he could turn N'Diaye into a paragon of good.

Reactions: bIhawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT