ADVERTISEMENT

It happened

Hi, I'm coolwaterunc. I consider myself to be male, but I would like to identify myself as a dog. More specifically, I'd like to identify myself as a male Golden Labrador Retriever. Because I identify myself as a male Golden Labrador Retriever, I find the sign that you have poasted as being highly offensive. That sign consists of a humanoid figure, and since I identify myself as a Golden Labrador Retriever, I feel that I am being wrongfully misrepresented. Please delete this poast. Thank you.

Sincerely,

coolwaterunc
Golden Labrador Retriever, male
dogs-and-cats-76pyn4.jpg

Reactions: tarheel0910
I always consider the female perspective more than mine. I live in Tennessee though, where they are actually proposing a bill to force people to use the bathroom of their original gender. Again, I don't really care what they do in that regard. I do not think businesses will all of a sudden just not designate restrooms. Those that do will then face the consequences, meaning people can just not go there. I don't think the bill says you can not have a male or female restroom, correct?

Sorry @coryfly - Tennessee. Businesses in NC ARE and have been changing their signs, in response to HB2 ...do you think I'm lying?

Can you answer the simple yes or no question. Are you for or against gender neutral restrooms AND locker rooms? That's the root of the issue.

Sorry @coryfly - Tennessee. Businesses in NC ARE and have been changing their signs, in response to HB2 ...do you think I'm lying?

Can you answer the simple yes or no question. Are you for or against gender neutral restrooms AND locker rooms? That's the root of the issue.
No it's not. I asked you to show where anybody had legislated or even advocated gender-neutral multiple occupancy bathrooms or locker rooms, and you offered only speculation. The root of this issue is whether we're going to force people to use restrooms based on their birth certificates, as was actually legislated by the N.C. General Assembly, and which you said you disagreed with. Oh, and also the massive power grab about local discrimination and wage ordinances they threw in along with it that everybody completely ignores.

And why in the world did @bleeduncblue pee all over the toilet seat and rip one when he (making an assumption here) was using the non gendered, non traditional, non conforming, gendered nuetral, xynophobic free, misogynistic free, safe space known as the crapper while there were 2 shes (but could have been he') in there? #SMDH

For the record, I made it a clean scene while shaking off the dew yesterday with the two ladies present. How little do you think of me? Sheesh!;)

Reactions: GACMAN
No it's not. I asked you to show where anybody had legislated or even advocated gender-neutral multiple occupancy bathrooms or locker rooms, and you offered only speculation. The root of this issue is whether we're going to force people to use restrooms based on their birth certificates, as was actually legislated by the N.C. General Assembly, and which you said you disagreed with. Oh, and also the massive power grab about local discrimination and wage ordinances they threw in along with it that everybody completely ignores.
Sorry, meant the root issue of this thread, as I started it.

Now this may be the REAL issue of the thread. How do we know those weren't two biological males who live as females and who were just trying to comply with the law of the land? Did @bleeduncblue perform a visual and/or physical inspection?
Strong visual inspection, but no physical inspection. One of them was SERIOUSLY freaked out by my presence.

Reactions: nctransplant
Now this may be the REAL issue of the thread. How do we know those weren't two biological males who live as females and who were just trying to comply with the law of the land? Did @bleeduncblue perform a visual and/or physical inspection?

the world did @bleeduncblue pee all over the toilet seat and rip one when he (making an assumption here)

I thought this was the real issue and without being judgemental...or just mental, I am waiting for a confirmation from either bleed hims...herse....err itself or some other gender binary expert...paging strum!!!!

I'd be seriously freaked out by your presence, too.

;)
I know! I'm sure she voted for Killary, is anti-HB2, doesn't shave her armpits, enjoys a juice box when stressed and could NEVER EVER imagine that a man would join her in the public restroom.

Well guys, it happened to my wife today. She was at the sink touching up her makeup when she heard the most God-awful grunting shortly followed by the sound of what she said could only be described as a bus plunging into a lake. She was horrified and disgusted. Soon after, I emerged from the toilet room, washed my hands, winked at her and slapped her on the ass before I left. She wants to go back to separate facilities now.

I walked into the bathroom this morning as my wife was showering....dropped the drawers and settled in to drop a deuce. My wife hollered at me and asked what in the heck was I doing. I explained to her that bathrooms are now neutral....I took my sweet time as she proceeded to take a 30 minute plus shower.....she wouldn't come out until I finished and left!!! This is going to be fun!!!!

I walked into the bathroom this morning as my wife was showering....dropped the drawers and settled in to drop a deuce. My wife hollered at me and asked what in the heck was I doing. I explained to her that bathrooms are now neutral....I took my sweet time as she proceeded to take a 30 minute plus shower.....she wouldn't come out until I finished and left!!! This is going to be fun!!!!
Fun indeed! My wife has a great plan. She's going to carry around some red food dye and a tampon for that moment when she encounters men in a GN restroom ... you can take it from there. She also carries a .380 LCP at all times, so it could REALLY get fun!

Reactions: nctransplant

Why would I think you are lying? Are they forced to not offer male and female restrooms or choosing to get rid of them?

Why would I think you are lying?

I was referring to what you said: "I do not think businesses will all of a sudden just not designate restrooms." .. I had already said several times that I have first hand witnessed and used restrooms in businesses where restrooms are, in fact, no longer designated.

So again I ask you, are you in favor of non-gender specific restrooms or not? Not badgering you, just trying to gauge where you land on this bc I respect your opinion.

I was referring to what you said: "I do not think businesses will all of a sudden just not designate restrooms." .. I had already said several times that I have first hand witnessed and used restrooms in businesses where restrooms are, in fact, no longer designated.

So again I ask you, are you in favor of non-gender specific restrooms or not? Not badgering you, just trying to gauge where you land on this bc I respect your opinion.

I also said, 'Those that do will then face the consequences, meaning people can just not go there. I don't think the bill says you can not have a male or female restroom, correct?', which is important for any opinion I have in this whole ordeal. I don't care if businesses choose to have bathrooms not designated. I think most business's will have those and also other male/female bathrooms. If people don't like it, don't go there and hope capitalism works. Seems that is a very Republican way to think about it tbh. I understand that for public buildings that isn't really the case though.

Personally, I am pretty old school. I like bathrooms the way they are. I have no problem with a business wanting to have both however, even if I think it is silly. I don't think anyone would. I would not be in favor of forcing places to only have restrooms that are neutral, unless they are the one unit only deals, which many places have always had. If a business chooses to do that, that is a pretty American concept (their choice). Again, public buildings are different. I think there should be options for male/female only in public buildings. My impression of this argument from the outside is that those options exists though, right?

I also said, 'Those that do will then face the consequences, meaning people can just not go there. I don't think the bill says you can not have a male or female restroom, correct?', which is important for any opinion I have in this whole ordeal. I don't care if businesses choose to have bathrooms not designated. I think most business's will have those and also other male/female bathrooms. If people don't like it, don't go there and hope capitalism works. Seems that is a very Republican way to think about it tbh. I understand that for public buildings that isn't really the case though.

Personally, I am pretty old school. I like bathrooms the way they are. I have no problem with a business wanting to have both however, even if I think it is silly. I don't think anyone would. I would not be in favor of forcing places to only have restrooms that are neutral, unless they are the one unit only deals, which many places have always had. If a business chooses to do that, that is a pretty American concept (their choice). Again, public buildings are different. I think there should be options for male/female only in public buildings. My impression of this argument from the outside is that those options exists though, right?

Fair enough. I agree about the capitalism part. And that is already happening in NC, people choosing not to frequent certain places bc of their removal of gender specific signage.

I just don't get why this had to be tampered with in the first place. And I don't see how transgenders were being discriminated against when no one ever really knew WHICH restroom they belonged in. It wasn't until all this noise was made that anyone even cared.

Reactions: coolwaterunc
Well, now for me to confess my transgression.
When all this stuff blew up, (or blew out of proportion) I took my wife out to eat after church one day. We decided on Buffalo wild wings.
So we ate, and after the meal I had to take a leak extremely bad. I told my wife to take care of the bill while I relieved myself. I walked right in the restroom, thinking I was in the right one. I thought it was mighty strange that they had no urinals in the restroom, but had to pee so bad I didnt give it much thought. All of a sudden, I heard a little girl talking to her mom. I almost died. I walked out and apologized immensely. Here I was looking like a perv in church clothes. That was the most uncomfortable I have ever felt in my life. I left before she had a chance to get to her husband.
Shortly after that, I got the glasses that Ive been needing for a while. I know in her mind, she felt that all I was doing was testing if men could make their way in womens restrooms.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT