ADVERTISEMENT

James Okonkwo interview

FlaTarHeel

Hall of Famer
Feb 21, 2017
If you haven't seen it already take 28 minutes and listen to this young man. He's as well-spoken and articulate as anyone who has ever worn the Carolina uniform.
I really hope and pray that HD will utilize his skill set at some point. His persona alone is an asset to the program and a reason to keep him around for a couple more years.

It can be found on youtube.

I hate that Huggins burned his redshirt to play a whopping 11 minutes his freshman year. He graduated high school early with the intent of redshirting. He was the youngest guy on the WVU roster that season. He needed that redshirt year. Those 11 minutes cost him an entire year of eligibility.

Reactions: tarwhiz and gary-7
I really hope and pray that HD will utilize his skill set at some point.
I think there are a lot of current and former UNC players that wish hubcap would have used them more often but it appears he continues to be reluctant to develop his bench and reward the transfers with at least some sort of opportunity to get some PT in games as opposed to being practice players. jmo

I hate that Huggins burned his redshirt to play a whopping 11 minutes his freshman year. He graduated high school early with the intent of redshirting. He was the youngest guy on the WVU roster that season. He needed that redshirt year. Those 11 minutes cost him an entire year of eligibility.
Yep. I think he can be a big part of next season's Big rotation.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
He sounds like he gets it and is willing to work to earn his time + wait to blossom when it is his time!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT