ADVERTISEMENT

Quick stuff (State game)...

Just curious, who is this 10 man "rotation" you are speaking of? I view rotational guys as regular solid minute players. Are you considering High and Wojcik as rotation guys with their current usage?

I see us as using a 8 man rotation almost exclusively lately, with High & Wojcik getting a spot minute or 3 on occasion, if and when fouls or circumstances dictate in a particular game here and there? Am I missing something, with the "rotation"?
Yep. Agreed. It’s 8 deep. Starters plus both JWs and Trimble. Which is fine, all three are super legit now.

And 8 is plenty. We’d be fine if nobody other than these 8 got in a given game. It we ever have to rely on High or wojcik for more than a minute at a time, to do more than not make mistakes, the game is probably lost anyway. We are no more than 8 deep in anything but garbage time.

You could put High in that "spot" category, but Woj has been a starter and has since just fallen a bit behind Cormac and Seth in the wing rotation. With that said, he could also easily come in and give us a 20 minute game.
If he plays a 20 minute game then we lose that game against any top half ACC team because we are practically playing 4 on 5 on both ends from an athletic/ shooting ability, and defending standpoint IMO. I believe there’s a pretty big gap between #6-8 and #9-10 on this team. Which is fine.

If he plays a 20 minute game then we lose that game against any top half ACC team because we are practically playing 4 on 5 on both ends from an athletic/ shooting ability, and defending standpoint IMO. I believe there’s a pretty big gap between #6-8 and #9-10 on this team. Which is fine.
I disagree. Suppose for example, Ryan went down with those ankles, Woj could and would play extended minutes and I expect he would comport himself well.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
I think it a waste of time to even debate semantics! Unless I'm watching a different game than you guys, my eyes are seeing 9-10 guys getting minutes in games. I couldn't care less what arbitrary minute cap you put on the term, every second their 6-7 have to play our 9-10 is a distinct advantage to me! Watching Burns calling for a medic just to cross half court and whoever the big was at Cuse throwing in the white flag, seems to be evidence that we have destroyed their legs! (BTW: I trust 9 and think 10 is almost there!)

I think it a waste of time to even debate semantics! Unless I'm watching a different game than you guys, my eyes are seeing 9-10 guys getting minutes in games. I couldn't care less what arbitrary minute cap you put on the term, every second their 6-7 have to play our 9-10 is a distinct advantage to me! Watching Burns calling for a medic just to cross half court and whoever the big was at Cuse throwing in the white flag, seems to be evidence that we have destroyed their legs! (BTW: I trust 9 and think 10 is almost there!)
Burns, I noticed once we got a steal, missed the finish, we rebounded and put it in, they inbounded the ball and Burns did not even make it past the 3pt circle on his end. EVERYONE else crossed mid court for both teams. It is crazy that he has been in the college game for as long as he has been and still has no stamina. That could well cost him a pro career, sad actually.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Zion has totally scared NBA execs. They will not take a chance on peeps with his level of weight issues! He has clearly shown that either he doesn't have the dedication to the game he needs OR his coach doesn't have the cajones to force his best player to work out!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT