ADVERTISEMENT

Justin pierce

Yepp and when pierce shows his offer wasnt just “cause we had one to offer” some people gonna be gagging on some crow.

Thanks for the comments. I appreciate it.

I have a couple of posters on ignore and I may not be getting all this correct. Bottom line, folks don't get credit for providing recruiting information "after' the recruit has committed. It takes guts to put yourself out there and make a prediction when no one on this site or our Premium site was making a prediction to the Heels. I made the call. Others did not. It's that simple.

Thus, I'm taking credit for it. Not being harsh, but I made the call and several folks gave me hell for it.

It's going to be a different kind of anticipation for the season this year. So many new faces. It will be great to watch how the team comes together and mesh. Chemistry is going to be key and maybe one of the biggest question marks. The good thing is everyone's personality seems to be the coachable and buy-in type, and we have Roy.

Go Heels! Great addition!

I have to say I really respect Pierce's decision making criteria, and it aligns with what I thought was his best interest given his goals. Play for a potential national championship this year, get lots of minutes, go to a top business school, and get tons of business/NBA connections for your career afterward. He made the right choice I think.

Feeling especially good about this given the reports he hurt/broke his wrist last year too. If he can come close to his sophomore shooting numbers he's going to be really valuable.

41% from 3 his sophomore year. With him, Cole, Keeling and Brob, shooting shouldn't be a problem. Now we can pair that with a true big in Bacot? Look out. This championship contending team if they gel

Pierce is going to give Roy a ton of roster flexibility. He can play multiple positions and it's another shooter to put on the outside around Cole.

Keeling/Pierce/BRob/Platek are all well above average shooters and we have the best PG in the country to get them the ball. If teams sag, lots of shots. If they don't, Cole may score 25ppg.

I'm super bullish on our team next season after the last 2 weeks. Roy is a god.

Judging just from the video, I think Nas would have been the only guy on our team more athletic than Pierce last year. We really need that roster flexibility. Sweet.

Maybe Ellis?

Reactions: gauchoheel
WHOA!!!!! Great news welcome to America's basketball FAMILY!!! Justin. We know you will be a very valuable part of next seasons team. Loved watching that highlight video…... Roy's kind of player

Reactions: Heelicious
Great news. Iv'e been out all day and jut saw this. One thing I noticed about the few vids that i have seen on this kid is the fact that several of his moves to the basket in traffic were very impressive for his so called ranking. I don't care who it was against or the conf he played in. He made some moves that a few of our guys are capable of without anyone on them. Athletic and seems court aware. Woooooo

Great news. Iv'e been out all day and jut saw this. One thing I noticed about the few vids that i have seen on this kid is the fact that several of his moves to the basket in traffic were very impressive for his so called ranking. I don't care who it was against or the conf he played in. He made some moves that a few of our guys are capable of without anyone on them. Athletic and seems court aware. Woooooo

Glad I wasn't only one to see that. He has good body control wrt shedding a defender, and has a bit of misdirection in his game as well. I would say what former college/nba great some of his highlights put me in mind of, but certain poster's heads would explode.

A few posters here can't seem to grasp the difference between statements like

"Some of what this player does reminds me at times of some thing or things (insert great players name here) used to do,

and

"This guy is every bit as good as (insert great players name here).

Glad I wasn't only one to see that. He has good body control wrt shedding a defender, and has a bit of misdirection in his game as well. I would say what former college/nba great some of his highlights put me in mind of, but certain poster's heads would explode.

"Some of what this player does reminds me at times of some thing or things (insert great players name here) used to do,

and

One would definitely be dads if the player you are comparing him to is white.

One would definitely be dads if the player you are comparing him to is white.

haha you know it.

Honestly, I just think it's lazy. There have been 1,000 6'6-6'8 wings that can shoot but people go..."well, I think he's Keith Van Horn crossed with Kyle Korver crossed with Hedo Turkalu."

Why can't he be Danny Green? What about Khris Middleton? Tobias Harris?

To me it just limits the chance of the comparison being accurate if you're only comparing him to like 10% of all high level basketball players cuz they are also white.

and

I'm the guy who still compares Nas to Kawhi and I get blasted for it.

Should Pierce have received more recruiting buzz coming out of HS? First team all state in Illinois seems legit.

haha you know it.

Honestly, I just think it's lazy. There have been 1,000 6'6-6'8 wings that can shoot but people go..."well, I think he's Keith Van Horn crossed with Kyle Korver crossed with Hedo Turkalu."

To me it just limits the chance of the comparison being accurate if you're only comparing him to like 10% of all high level basketball players cuz they are also white.
I agree dads, and only based on the vids, the player he reminds me of was a Heel last year... there a fair bit of Cam in his game... court awareness, not as smooth but moves well, shoots, drives and passes.

I'm the guy who still compares Nas to Kawhi and I get blasted for it.

I would not come close to comparing Pierce overall to the player I have in mind. That's the point really, I am merely noticing that occasionally Pierce does some things a bit similar to what the player in question did frequently and fluidly. But He is not even remotely near the true level of that guy and unlikely ever to be.

and

Don't even say it or heads will explode. Hell, don't even think it. There are guys just waiting to pounce on any statement of that sort that doesn't jive with their perception. A word to the wise...

haha you know it.

Spot on dude

Reactions: dadika13
Huge get for a position we are in need of. If he can team with Leaky, Brobb, Keeling, and Harris to provide solid production as a group at the wings we are dangerous. What looked like a major weak point now looks like we have a chance to hold our own at those spots . As a group we can be formidable, not asking plug in guys to play 20 minutes.

Cole is going to have to be special, but we have some weapons for him now. As many have stated, the early part of the season will be interesting. Just to see how the roles work out, who steps up, and who blends in to earn Roy's comfort zone.

and

What sold me on this kid and frankly, didn't have to watch long to see it, it is how fluid his movements are, how easily he rises up, it is almost effortless. When I saw that shooting form added to his effortless athleticism, I was all in for this kid, LOVE IT!

Now my buddy steat can take his victory lap and kudos to him but I am just enjoying the fact that we got the one transfer I wanted most and said it many times before today. There are a lot of folks that were very tepid on this kid before today, they were happy when we got keeling but tepid on Pierce. I am just going to enjoy knowing that they will eventually come around to being able to see what I see in this kid, kid is now a Tar heel and deserves much more than tepid!

Thanks for the comments. I appreciate it.

I have a couple of posters on ignore and I may not be getting all this correct. Bottom line, folks don't get credit for providing recruiting information "after' the recruit has committed. It takes guts to put yourself out there and make a prediction when no one on this site or our Premium site was making a prediction to the Heels. I made the call. Others did not. It's that simple.

Thus, I'm taking credit for it. Not being harsh, but I made the call and several folks gave me hell for it.
So you’re batting about .125 now?

Reactions: dadika13
I would not come close to comparing Pierce overall to the player I have in mind. That's the point really, I am merely noticing that occasionally Pierce does some things a bit similar to what the player in question did frequently and fluidly. But He is not even remotely near the true level of that guy and unlikely ever to be.
Gordan Heyward????????

I know I'm being "that guy," but Carolina has won fewer than 25 games twice since 2006 -- 20 wins in 2010 and 24 wins in 2014. Noentheless, I think you make a good point that 25 wins is typically a good baseline for a Roy Williams-coached team. It is important to note that there will be fewer out of conference games this season with the increase to 20 league games, though I don't know how this will affect Carolina's win total, if at all.
It'd be a fair drop from last year though. I don't expect this team to be worse than last year at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT