ADVERTISEMENT

Kenosha cop video

heelmanwilm

Hall of Famer
May 26, 2005
Wilmington NC
So here we are again with cops killing a black guy and the predictable reaction. I am sympathetic to the protestors (peaceful ones) regarding Floyd and some others but in this case the cops are getting a bad rap imo. You resist arrest, resist tasing, then go to your car as if to retrieve something...you can expect the cops to assume the worst and react accordingly. There’s plenty videos out there of the same scenario with the end result being cops shot dead. I would imagine those videos are shown in training.

Now as for the kid that drove up there from Ill with his ar-15? God what a mess. He obviously was looking for trouble and found it. Thing is he prob gets beat to death if he doesn’t shoot so self defense seems plausible. But once again wtf were u doing? And wtf were the victims doing chasing someone with a gun as well? Clusterfuk.

So here we are again with cops killing a black guy and the predictable reaction. I am sympathetic to the protestors (peaceful ones) regarding Floyd and some others but in this case the cops are getting a bad rap imo. You resist arrest, resist tasing, then go to your car as if to retrieve something...you can expect the cops to assume the worst and react accordingly. There’s plenty videos out there of the same scenario with the end result being cops shot dead. I would imagine those videos are shown in training.
Yeah, this one seems to be a case of people not waiting for the facts to come out, although I do think seven shots is a little excessive. I just wish people would just do what cops tell them to do. You could avoid most of this by just doing what you're told. Sort out the facts afterwards.

Now as for the kid that drove up there from Ill with his ar-15? God what a mess. He obviously was looking for trouble and found it. Thing is he prob gets beat to death if he doesn’t shoot so self defense seems plausible. But once again wtf were u doing? And wtf were the victims doing chasing someone with a gun as well? Clusterfuk.
Agreed and I'll add that the kid's parents deserve some blame. Not necessarily anything criminal, just a public shaming. And it's hard for me to feel sorry for you if you chase down a guy with a gun.

Reactions: heelmanwilm

I'm with you on this but what does the MIL say about it?

Reactions: heelmanwilm
Ya, unfortunate situation for sure. It's tough to fault the cop when they tried to subdue and tried to taze to no avail. I don't think he needed to unload 7 rounds into the guy, but it's tough to second guess a reaction like that when the thought running through is mind is if I don't put this guy down, whatever he's reaching for in the car could put me down.

Agree on the kid as well. I think it was clearly self defense where he was getting attacked and kicked in the head, so he shot. But I don't think anyone can deny he was clearly looking for trouble going there with an AR in the first place.

Reactions: tarheel0910
Why can't we get some new tasers that work? Or if that doesn't work, since there are three cops, can't they billy-club the guy in the knees?

Isn't there some other immobilizing non-lethal weapon? I can speak loudly at my phone and have a pizza magically appear on my door in 30 minutes, but nobody can figure out something to stop someone from moving without putting 7 bullets into their back?

Reactions: SorryNotSorry
Why can't we get some new tasers that work? Or if that doesn't work, since there are three cops, can't they billy-club the guy in the knees?

Isn't there some other immobilizing non-lethal weapon? I can speak loudly at my phone and have a pizza magically appear on my door in 30 minutes, but nobody can figure out something to stop someone from moving without putting 7 bullets into their back?

Yea I don’t understand why tasing seems so inconsistent. Some people get instant paralysis while others laugh and pull the probes out and keep coming.

or a tranq dart

Reactions: blazers
Anyone see a pic of the guy that got shot in the arm. That should deter anyone from ever charging someone with a rifle.

I dunno... I guess I've always had a natural-born instinct to never charge at someone with a rifle.
Anyone see a pic of the guy that got shot in the arm. That should deter anyone from ever charging someone with a rifle.
OIF.TZLUYIPuALcPwlGkDGBTVQ

I had a lady tell me last night that the guy was only hirting him with a skateboard that's not a deadly weapon he didn't have to shoot him.

Someone should edit this with Louis Armstrong's "What A Wonderful World" playing as theme music.

God Bless America!

Unfortunately LEO has the right to preserve their life. 1 shot or 7, anyone knows to shoot till threat is over. As for tasers, if someone if high, it can subdue the effect. Some people can tolerate that kind of thing more than others. As said before, its easy. Listen to the officers. I think some in society think people have the right to completely disregard LEO. If they attempt to detain you, its best to listen. Don't be reaching, running, or hiding anything. They have a hugh target on their backs by certain criminals, and even more so than now. I haven't watched the video, but if the guy was acting like a threat, then nothing will happen to them. Cops could invoke rules like some cities that forbid high speed chases. But if that was to happen, it completely empowers the criminal, or anyone who disregards the LEO.

It makes me think of Kent State and the comparative peaceful protest to today. The horror over Kent State shook the protest world to their knees and people stopped. Today the horror is coming from the protesters. Bob Dylan sang about the times they are a changing, so it is all his fault.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT