ADVERTISEMENT

Let Love Lead the way and Please stop Dribbling RJ

Grover Thomas

Junior
Sep 23, 2001
Give “The Leader of Men” his due lead us in rebounds, assist and steals….and gave us 25 pints to boot.

RJ “Mr. Dribbles” Davis is pissing off his teammates with all that dribbling. Someone is in his head telling him to get his this year. Can’t be a point guard playing that way…..RJ your teammates are losing trust in you…..Now you must decide are you gonna continue with the foolishness or are you gonna do the right thing.

It is an issue that Roy had with Cole Anthony, and now Hubert has it with Davis, and with Anthony, for that matter. There are times when all of them just seemed to decide we are going one on five to prove how great we are. And it works just enough to justify it in their heads. Caleb is proof of that. Without him just going off by hitting crazy shots against UCLA, there is no final four. But he hit them and the rest is history. But between the two of them so wanting control, I think that is why there is so little movement in the offense. It's almost like they figure why should I try to get open, or set this pick, when I know one of them is just going to do their thing?

It is an issue that Roy had with Cole Anthony, and now Hubert has it with Davis, and with Anthony, for that matter. There are times when all of them just seemed to decide we are going one on five to prove how great we are. And it works just enough to justify it in their heads. Caleb is proof of that. Without him just going off by hitting crazy shots against UCLA, there is no final four. But he hit them and the rest is history. But between the two of them so wanting control, I think that is why there is so little movement in the offense. It's almost like they figure why should I try to get open, or set this pick, when I know one of them is just going to do their thing?
This is soooo true. And it’s mentally exhausting. I didn’t get to see any of the game but followed the play by play……I knew just looking a Bacot’s first half numbers what was going on and RJ’s turnovers.
The other disappointing thing is that he don’t seem to know he is playing selfishly and dribbling way to much….because in his presser he never says he got to improve……he’ll listen to Love’s presser…..he talks about what he did wrong and what he must improve on…..so did Bacot…..and both had monster games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT