ADVERTISEMENT

Lots of empty seats...

I am not surprised. If it played out according to past such discussions, here is what has gone down:

1. Basketball-only fans and basketball-first fans would deny that they are what they are and that the UNC fan base has such a problem.
2. Basketball-only and basketball-first fans would assert that everybody should be ashamed of blaming anything on basketball or its fans, because they are the reason most people know anything about UNC sports. They would fail to see any contradiction between #s 1 and 2.
3. Basketball-only fans and basketball-first fans would appeal to Moderators to ban any UNC football fan who posts anything they find offensive, which is almost anything that fails to genuflect before basketball and basketball-only and basketball-first fans.
wow 22 minutes later and no attacks on you yet.

Our basketball fans are no different than say VT Hokie football fans. I bet a lot of UNC basketball fans root for a powerhouse football team. The reason is say like VT. Since I live in the VT area of Va. Most fans of Hokie football root for them in that sport. And. Duke or UNC in basketball. I wonder if it's the same for our basketball only fans.

Our basketball fans are no different than say VT Hokie football fans. I bet a lot of UNC basketball fans root for a powerhouse football team. The reason is say like VT. Since I live in the VT area of Va. Most fans of Hokie football root for them in that sport. And. Duke or UNC in basketball. I wonder if it's the same for our basketball only fans.

Good question- let's ask Radar and see

Just did- I think my wording was benign enough to elicit truthful responses- check it out and let me know if you think I should edit.
The only thing I didn't like was your title. Don't know how many people will open it with the word football in the title. That's why I said basketball fans

The only thing I didn't like was your title. Don't know how many people will open it with the word football in the title. That's why I said basketball fans

We got one too many threads- you want to delete yours or do you want me to delete mine? Although I have 2 responses to your zero ;)

gtfoh with richt and miles...those dudes win games, get to conference title/bcs games and recruit at a high level.

mike london is in over his head...and who really cares about uva football???

Yeah, London doesn't even belong in the same conversation with those other two coaches.

THIS is why UNC is a basketball school and will be until things change. It is September effing 25th and the HEART of college football season is about to start. College basketball won't start -- in earnest -- for 3+ months and Adam Lucas has a featured story up on GoHeels.com 's frontpage about the three major-minutes seniors Brice, Marcus, and Joel.

Now don't get me wrong, Adam Lucas is a phenomenal writer and does great, great stuff but I mean come on guys, it's frickin SEPTEMBER. Put Adam Lucas's awesome skills to work writing features on the football team.

An excuse I often hear from basketball-only's / basketball-firsts is "Well, in football you just don't get to KNOW the players like you do in basketball." Well sure, how can you when awesome writers like Lucas exclusively cover basketball even when it isn't in season. Just off the top of my head, football players like Singleton, Schoettmer, Switzer, and Gnonkonde all have amazing stories........where's the feature on them?

Everyone needs to do their part to make football more of a "thing" for the fanbase and the University community.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT