Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I didn't understand it, but I liked it

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • I understood it, and hated it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never watched that show.

Votes: 13 61.9%

• Total voters
I thought it was genius. Draper supposedly comes to the end of himself and finally realizes his destructive nature....only to come up with the greatest ad of all time.

Great show

Reactions: Old_School59
While watching it live, I wasn't too sure that I liked it. I always thought it would wrap up with Don at the ad agency or maybe with his kids. But upon further review, I did like the ending. Just when you thought ol' Don might jump off a cliff or something, he regroups (like he always does), and pulls another rabbit out of the hat. I loved the sly little smile on his face at the end.

I thought it was a solid finale for sure. What I really look for when judging a finale is if it feels natural to the show, to the story progression of the last few seasons, etc. I felt this was a very "Mad Men" finale. It had some of the weird departures, it had heartbreaking drama (the phone call Don makes to Peggy), it had laughs (man, Roger Sterling nailed the finale), and really everyone got a "happy" or just ending, which felt natural here. It wasn't the absolute best finale I have ever seen, but it was a solid one and didn't just feel out of character.

Reactions: Old_School59
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT