ADVERTISEMENT

Man how lucky are we

heelmanwilm

Hall of Famer
May 26, 2005
Wilmington NC
Reading about the shit in Ukraine, reporter gunned down in Mexico, remembering Afghanistan, the Middle East, all these places where living there subjects you to constant threats of violence and interference in your lives and domination from outside forces wanting to assert their beliefs by force. Today we all get up and go to work and pretty much do whatever the fuk we want without having to worry about any of that shyt. With all its faults America still a damn good place to be.

I partly disagree. Amazon said they'd deliver yesterday morning and it didn't get here til late yesterday afternoon.

Reactions: Bruce Young
Reading about the shit in Ukraine, reporter gunned down in Mexico, remembering Afghanistan, the Middle East, all these places where living there subjects you to constant threats of violence and interference in your lives and domination from outside forces wanting to assert their beliefs by force. Today we all get up and go to work and pretty much do whatever the fuk we want without having to worry about any of that shyt. With all its faults America still a damn good place to be.
nah man, Biden's ruined the country and has taken away every ounce of freedom we've ever had ever ever.

Most people that bitch about America behind their keyboards, no matter who is sitting in the Oval, would curl up into the fetal position if they had to spend one week in like 95% of the other countries on the planet.

I hate like 90% of Americans but I goddam love America...partly for being one of the few places that's not a complete shit hole.

As a 20 Year Retired Air Force Member, there is no other Country I'd rather live in and I lived in many different countries. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!
Thank you for your service as I never realized that detail about you. Also, I am loving the ever changing avatar.

Reactions: Bruce Young
The military has been very active over the beach the past few days. More than I've seen since 9/11.
Some very impressive gunships flying

I love my country. I'm not blind. I don't think it's perfect, but it's pretty damn great. We fought a war over racism and slavery, and yes it has taken far too long to get to where we are, but we're here, and yet some act as if it's still 1860, and we know why they do it, yet nothing could be farther from the truth. This is a great nation made up of great people, and I detest hearing people put it down for political/monetary gain.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
Yes I’ve noticed that. Pretty cool Makes you wonder what’s going on though. Maybe it’s just exercises
Very close friend of mine is retired Delta. It's a flourish due to Russia and a potential buildup. Saw a convoy on 17 today.

Hopefully just Sabre rattling

Very close friend of mine is retired Delta. It's a flourish due to Russia and a potential buildup. Saw a convoy on 17 today.

Hopefully just Sabre rattling
I genuinely love saber-rattling. Nothing quite like "hey, stop f-ing around or else this is what we'll do to you" to calm down weaker nations.

USSR's reaction to Star Wars, even with it being wildly unrealistic, is one of my favorite moments in history.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
I genuinely love saber-rattling. Nothing quite like "hey, stop f-ing around or else this is what we'll do to you" to calm down weaker nations.

USSR's reaction to Star Wars, even with it being wildly unrealistic, is one of my favorite moments in history.
That's why a strong defense is essential...........it's the best offense and the best way to keep peace.

Reactions: bluetoe
Not sure why we should gaf about Russia v Ukraine. Really not sure why Putin should gaf if we gaf
Read this article. It's not just about Ukraine vs Russia. These things are never just about one specific thing.

Reactions: dadika13
nah man, Biden's ruined the country and has taken away every ounce of freedom we've ever had ever ever.

Most people that bitch about America behind their keyboards, no matter who is sitting in the Oval, would curl up into the fetal position if they had to spend one week in like 95% of the other countries on the planet.

I hate like 90% of Americans but I goddam love America...partly for being one of the few places that's not a complete shit hole.

"I hate like 90% of Americans but I goddam love America...partly for being one of the few places that's not a complete shit hole."

my sentiments exactly, which is exactly why many of us want to impede the slide into shitholedom. When we get there, it's guaranteed that the usuals will say 'who could have seen this coming?", and blame it on those who saw it coming and tried to stop it.

Reactions: gunslingerdick
Russia sees Ukraine as a buffer between them and NATO. Ukraine has implied they’re open to joining NATO. No way in hell Russia will allow that and can you really blame them? Imagine Texas seceded and was in talks with Russia to join an alliance with them and Mexico. I feel sorry for the people there caught in the middle of political
Power moves and I hope Russia stays out. But i ain’t willing to have American troops die over it.

I was born in the long shadow of WWII. Those who complain that we get involved in matters that don't directly concern us might try to understand that after the horror show that WWII was, the universally accepted and strongly exhorted wisdom was that we (the world) could NEVER AGAIN fail to get involved once an aggressor reared its ugly head...because doing nothing meaningful was EXACTLY the reason that Hitler was able to create and plunge us into his nightmare.

And there are a lot of Hitler wannabe's out there.

If you study history as everyone should, you understand that the world is like a tinderbox. It takes only a small spark to set off an inferno. Telling ourselves that we are too modern and too 'civilized' at this point in history for things to get out of hand is exactly the kind of head-in-the-sand rationalization that allows infernos to happen. Someone has to step up and say 'oh no you don't' to bully's, because the bully's will take what we let them take.

Russia sees Ukraine as a buffer between them and NATO. Ukraine has implied they’re open to joining NATO. No way in hell Russia will allow that and can you really blame them? Imagine Texas seceded and was in talks with Russia to join an alliance with them and Mexico. I feel sorry for the people there caught in the middle of political
Power moves and I hope Russia stays out. But i ain’t willing to have American troops die over it.
A Russian Ukraine is a dangerous proposition, but it's not just that. At some point, those who encroach have to have their hand slapped because otherwise they will just keep encroaching. Putin would love nothing more than to regain the dominion over the territories lost with the dissolution of the USSR. AND there should be no restriction to any country's determination of what organization they desire to belong to, as long as that organization is not one that actively aggresses.

We lived with a communist Cuba for a lot of years, there's no excuse for allowing Russia to disallow a Nato Ukraine.

If we don't provide troops, we better make sure it's widely known that we provided a lot of support in other ways. Equipment, bombs/missiles, intelligence, cyber attacks, etc. That article I posted is spot on. How we act with this will have a huge impact on the future.

I partly disagree. Amazon said they'd deliver yesterday morning and it didn't get here til late yesterday afternoon.
you complain about the symptom but overlook the disease. When this country is renamed 'Amazonia' remember I said 'told you so'.

A Russian Ukraine is a dangerous proposition, but it's not just that. At some point, those who encroach have to have their hand slapped because otherwise they will just keep encroaching. Putin would love nothing more than to regain the dominion over the territories lost with the dissolution of the USSR. AND there should be no restriction to any country's determination of what organization they desire to belong to, as long as that organization is not one that actively aggresses.

We lived with a communist Cuba for a lot of years, there's no excuse for allowing Russia to disallow a Nato Ukraine.
Bingo.

It doesn't help that our president is softer than the Pillsbury dough boy.
He won't have a choice on this one, public opinion and the international community are pretty heavily against Russian aggression to Ukraine.

He won't have a choice on this one, public opinion and the international community are pretty heavily against Russian aggression to Ukraine.
Well, except for Germany. I have no clue why they agreed to work on the pipeline with them. Anyone with half a brain could foresee that it would be used as a threat by Russia.

Reactions: dadika13
318691_image.jpg

I love my country. I'm not blind. I don't think it's perfect, but it's pretty damn great. We fought a war over racism and slavery, and yes it has taken far too long to get to where we are, but we're here, and yet some act as if it's still 1860, and we know why they do it, yet nothing could be farther from the truth. This is a great nation made up of great people, and I detest hearing people put it down for political/monetary gain.
tumblr_oh9e22wQjB1tq4of6o1_400.gifv

• Haha
Reactions: gunslingerdick
except that he's already said, in that long recent presser, that we wouldn't react much or at all to a 'mild incursion' (or words very close to that). His string-pullers had to have taken a nap in order to allow something that dumb to escape his piehole.

Things flipped a little too easily with Crimea. This is going to be messy.
I think I know what you mean but I don't know that I know what you mean. Please explain what you mean so I can think that i know that I know what you mean.

I know Russia took over Crimea and that Crimea was supposed to be Ukraine's. It's the 'flipped easy' part I'm not sure of.

What part of "we fought a war over racism and slavery" do you have a problem with? Are you one of those short-sighted people who actually thinks the American Civil War was fought exclusively over states' rights?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT